Posted on Monday, February 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
30 Rock‘s seven-season run on NBC has come to an end, but creator/star Tina Fey‘s big screen career is just heating up. She has Admission with Paul Rudd lined up for release in March, and is now headed to shoot The Muppets… Again in London.
For her next move beyond that, she’s looking to team with Pitch Perfect director Jason Moore and Saturday Night Live writer Paula Pell on a Universal Pictures comedy titled The Nest. Hit the jump for more details.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, October 22nd, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a lot of new stuff to get through in today’s TV Bits, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- AMC and Dish settle legal dispute; AMC resumes airing on Dish
- Why The Walking Dead ended up at AMC instead of HBO or NBC
- NBC euthanizes Animal Practice and brings back Whitney
- Louis C.K. lines up his Saturday Night Live hosting debut
- Taken director Pierre Morel will work on NBC pilot After Hours
- Pitch Perfect helmer Jason Moore will direct ABC’s Trophy Wife
- Brendan Fraser heads to TNT for the drama pilot Legends
- Andy Samberg joins Mike Schur and Dan Goor‘s new comedy
- Craig Robinson lands the lead in Greg Daniels‘ NBC sitcom
- Arrested Development re-hires Carl Weathers, gets a documentary
- Check out Dany, Ser Jorah, and more on Game of Thrones‘ Qarth set
Read More »
A cappella groups are a college campus staple to a certain extent, and also one of the more divisive forces in music. There’s not much middle ground on a cappella performance — people tend to either love groups that perform song catalogs using only the human voice, or they have zero tolerance for the concept altogether.
Despite an admiration for the art and a general love for the voice as an instrument, I’m generally in the latter camp. So I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch Pitch Perfect, even if it does cast Anna Kendrick as a college student who finds herself through a cappella performance. Read More »