Posted on Friday, May 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Self-professed Bond fanboy Christopher Nolan has confessed his desire to direct a 007 film a number of times over the years, and even gone so far as meeting with the producers. So far, it hasn’t quite worked out. Now that Sam Mendes has officially turned down Bond 24, though, it seems Nolan may finally get his shot.
A new report indicates that the Dark Knight director is in informal talks to helm the next Bond film, and possibly even the one after that if all goes well. Given that Skyfall bore more than a few marks of Nolan’s influence, Nolan seems like an obvious but excellent pick. More details after the jump.
Read More »
Well before the unprecedented international success of James Bond’s 23rd adventure, Skyfall, MGM was looking ahead to his 24th film and beyond. Sam Mendes then delivered a tour-de-force entry into the franchise which almost doubled the gross of the series’ previous highest grossing film. Even before its release, screenwriter John Logan began working on the sequel. MGM slated the film for a tentative 2014 release, but the next chapter was dealt a blow when Mendes said he wasn’t returning to direct.
That news has changed MGM’s thinking in regards to Bond 24. In a new conference call, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of MGM Gary Barber said they hope to announce the new director soon and have the film “within the next three years.” Read More »