Posted on Friday, February 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner now, and you know what that means: Fox is ramping up their marketing efforts for their big romantic holiday release, A Good Day to Die Hard. Also after the jump:
- The Muppets… Again will feature old songs along with new ones
- Writer Scott Z. Burns discusses Apes and Blade Runner 2
- Rich Moore and his stars are totally up for more Wreck-It Ralph
- Enroll in Starfleet Academy with the Star Trek Into Darkness app
- Chris Pine will kidnap J.J. Abrams for Star Trek 3 if he has to
- Riddick is back out in the rain in the newest still from Vin Diesel
- The Last Exorcism Part II unveils a new TV spot and a poster
- A Good Day to Die Hard will run about 90 minutes…
- … one of which you can watch right here…
- … along with a featurette that offers more plot
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, January 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
The start of Sundance means there’s heavy focus on indie films, but meanwhile the big-budget blockbuster sequel types are making news as well. After the jump:
- See a whole bunch of stills from A Good Day to Die Hard
- Watch a “Recovered File” from the Paranormal Activity 4 DVD
- Now Mark Wahlberg says Transformers 4 will be a reboot
- Here’s what Klingons will look like in Star Trek Into Darkness
Read More »
The first couple trailers for A Good Day to Die Hard, aka the fifth film in the series that stars Bruce Willis as put-upon NYC cop John McClane, relied heavily on great editing, whiz-bang explosions and a couple good smirks from Willis. This third one (or the second full-length trailer) has a lot more going for it. There’s still plenty of bombast, but this one actually looks like a Die Hard film, for the most part.
Jai Courtney looks better as the younger McClane, in part because he gets a lot more time in this trailer, and the villains get a couple of fun lines. Overall I find myself looking forward to this one far more than I ever would have expected, and that’s mostly due to this new trailer. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christoph Waltz might appear in The Muppets 2 after all
- Has Transformers 4 replaced Brenton Thwaites with Jack Reynor?
- Berandal (a.k.a. The Raid 2) announces new cast members
- Walton Goggins promises to be funny in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Paul Rudd doesn’t know much about Anchorman 2 but hopes it’ll be good
- Samuel L. Jackson has things to say about Unbreakable
- Paramount and the Puzo estate settle the Godfather suit
- A Good Day to Die Hard debuts two explosive TV spots
- Trick ‘R Treat‘s Sam has a holiday greeting for you
Read More »
The more we see from John Moore‘s A Good Day To Die Hard, the better it looks. We recently got a glimpse at the kinetic teaser trailer and now, in the second trailer, the story begins to slowly reveal itself with even more explosions, more gun fire and the first interactions between John McClane (Bruce Willis) and his son Jack, played by Jai Courtney. Plus: huge bonus points for the Mary Elizabeth Winstead cameo! Check it out below. Read More »
I’ll give it to Fox’s marketing people: this first teaser trailer for the fifth John McClane outing, A Good Day to Die Hard, is zippy and fun. What happens in the movie? Who is McClane fighting, and why? Who’s the guy with him? Why did that woman even bother wearing a bra if she wasn’t going to wear a shirt under the leather? These questions are but trifles, because EXPLOSIONS! Lots and lots of explosions.
And, once again, Bruce Willis as McClane, with a wryly amused look in his eye and a smirk on his face. I missed that smirk. Get a dose below. Read More »
It worked for Looper, so here once again is an early image from a new Bruce Willis film in which the actor wields a powerful rifle.
In this case, the film is A Good Day to Die Hard, aka Die Hard 5, and a project that isn’t likely to be even vaguely as satisfying as Looper. And this time, instead of having Joseph Gordon-Levitt on board as the younger Willis, we have Jai Courtney (Spartacus) playing Willis Jr. (Actually, he’s playing the junior McClane, but close enough.) The pic puts them both in the frame during the action of the latest episode in the long-running action series, this time from director John Moore. Check out the full shot below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
With John Leguizamo‘s Javier and the as-yet-uncast Mother Russia on board to help out the villainous Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) in Kick-Ass 2, it seems only fair that Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) start picking up some allies as well. Scrubs star Donald Faison has just entered talks to play Dr. Gravity, a Columbia University student by day and a mask-donning, baseball bat-wielding crimefighter by night.
Pre-production on Kick-Ass 2 is currently humming along for a fall shoot, with Jeff Wadlow at the helm. Returning stars Nicolas Cage and Chloe Grace Moretz are also on board. No release date has been announced at this time. [Deadline]
After the jump, John McClane’s daughter makes a comeback and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire digs up yet another former victor.
Read More »