Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s been hanging out in Middle-earth again! Also after the jump:
- There will be three more Transporter movies
- Sly Stallone wants The Raid stars for Expendables 3
- “Fuck, yeah,” Guillermo del Toro says about having Pacific Rim 2 ideas
- Details uncovered on Transformers 4‘s new robots
- Who else has an Anchorman 2 cameo lined up?
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s been some talk already about whether Harrison Ford might return for the Blade Runner sequel, but now Sean Young would like to express her interest in the new film as well. Read her comments after the jump. Also:
- Expendables 3 will shoot this fall, says Dolph Lundgren
- Skyfall hits digital HD and then Blu-ray/DVD next month
- The Best Man sequel will bring back the original cast
- WWE’s new Leprechaun movie will be “a little darker”
- Flip through more images from Before Midnight
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Franchises return, franchises go away and franchises start a new in today’s Sequel Bits.
- James Cameron might add Chinese Na’vi to Avatar 2.
- The said to be soon-retired Jackie Chan might make Police Story 2013.
- A major party scene in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will film in Atlanta.
- Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan share a bed in the first still from Scary Movie 5.
- Paramount is hoping Tom Cruise‘s Jack Reacher will start its own franchise, and mark the beginning of a franchise focus at the studio.
- Producer Avi Lerner keep mentioning names he wants for The Expendables 3: Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, the return of Mickey Rourke etc.
- A sequel to 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, 28 Months Later, no longer looks likely.
Read More »
At Comic Con this year, Jackie Chan showed up to talk about his lastest film, Chinese Zodiac. (Aka CZ12 in some places.) During his Hall H panel the action superstar didn’t show a lot of footage, relying primarily on an old trailer for the film. He did bring out a French stuntman wearing a suit festooned with rollerblade wheels on all parts of his body, and the stuntman proceeded to demonstrate how the thing worked. That went down OK on stage, but the better thing to do would have been to play this new teaser for the film.
In this footage, we see the roller-suit in action, and with all the various tricks employed to make it look like a seamless bit of action, it comes across looking pretty fun. Based on the Hall H presentation, we know that some of the wide shots of the suit in action are the stuntman, rather than Jackie, but this is still a solid action sequence. Check out the teaser below. Read More »
Jackie Chan brought his 100th film, Chinese Zodiac, to the Cannes Film Festival this year, but he also arrived with some news that has been a few years coming: he’s done with bit death-defying action movie setpieces. But that news got a bit garbled over the weekend, with many thinking that Chan is done with action movies for good. Today, the multi-hyphenate clarified that while he’s too old to do some of the action he’s known for, he isn’t done by a long shot. Read More »
Jackie Chan is both in front and behind the camera for 1911 Revolution, which was formerly just called 1911, an action-packed retelling of one of the most important battles in Chinese history. The film centers on the Xinhai Revolution, otherwise known as the Chinese Revolution, in which nationalist forces rose up to take down the Qing Dynasty and established the Republic of China. It was basically the beginning of modern China, kind of their Revolutionary War and Civil War rolled into one. Chan plays one of the leaders of the Nationalist movement and co-directed the film along with Zhang Li.
We’ve previously run a teaser trailer for the film, in select theaters October 7, but now we’ve got the theatrical version. Check it out after the jump. Read More »