When Jackie Chan has an idea for a movie, that movie gets made. That’s certainly the case with Skiptrace, which is based on idea from the martial arts icon. Chan will star as Hong Kong detective whose daughter (X-Men: Days of Future Past‘s Fan Bingbing) gets abducted and the only person who can help is a wiseass American gambler, who’ll be played by Seann William Scott.
That’s all well and good, but the coolest news here is the director. Sam Fell, who directed Paranorman and The Tale of Despereaux, will make his live-action debut on the film. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
With CZ12, Jackie Chan writes, directs and stars in a return to the Armour of God films that were part of his stellar ’80s film run. The two mid/late ’80s Armour movies were part of Chan’s international breakout, and the globe-trotting aspects of those stories, some of which were heavily indebted to the Indiana Jones movies, helped define Chan as an action star with broad appeal beyond the scope of martial arts movies.
Now there’s CZ12 (aka Chinese Zodiac), in which Chan once again reprises his Armour of God role. This time Chan seems to be going into full-on James Bond mode. A US trailer has hit for the release, and while Chan isn’t getting any younger, it’s easy to see that his ambitions haven’t been constrained when it comes to putting together action sequences. Read More »
A theme park dedicated solely to Jackie Chan? It’s in the works. Read about that, and the following, in this edition of Theme Park Bits:
- The first images of the Ratatouille ride at Disneyland Paris have been revealed.
- Disney World’s Seven Dwarfs Mine Train had its first full test.
- The movie themed Italian theme park Cinecitta World is on scheduled to open next year.
Read More »
Briefly: When Sylvester Stallone assembles an Expendables film, the biggest question isn’t really why the characters are going to be punching and shooting, but who will be doing the punching and shooting. Stallone and Jason Statham are givens at this point, and now we’ve got four more all-but-confirmed names for The Expendables 3.
Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich, most of whom have been rumored as cast members for a while, are now in “advanced negotiations” to appear, according to the CEO of Lionsgate. Stallone recently said he was looking for a “young Sigourney Weaver” for the film, which could be Jovovich’s role. Patrick Hughes (Red Hill) will direct. [Deadline]
Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Guess who’s been hanging out in Middle-earth again! Also after the jump:
- There will be three more Transporter movies
- Sly Stallone wants The Raid stars for Expendables 3
- “Fuck, yeah,” Guillermo del Toro says about having Pacific Rim 2 ideas
- Details uncovered on Transformers 4‘s new robots
- Who else has an Anchorman 2 cameo lined up?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is stuffed to the brim with images, quotes, tweets, and more. After the jump:
- Would Bryan Singer ever direct a Star Trek movie?
- Damon Lindelof explains all the secrecy about the villain
- Seth Grahame-Smith gets cracking on Beetlejuice 2
- Steven Seagal‘s out, Jackie Chan‘s in for Expendables 3
- Willow and Roger Rabbit sequels offer non-updates
- Anchorman 2 will feature Champ Kind, restauranteur
- The Happy Madison boys goof off in Grown Ups 2 posters
- Storm Shadow looks especially badass in new G.I. Joe pics
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals six new high-res images and a poster
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
There’s been some talk already about whether Harrison Ford might return for the Blade Runner sequel, but now Sean Young would like to express her interest in the new film as well. Read her comments after the jump. Also:
- Expendables 3 will shoot this fall, says Dolph Lundgren
- Skyfall hits digital HD and then Blu-ray/DVD next month
- The Best Man sequel will bring back the original cast
- WWE’s new Leprechaun movie will be “a little darker”
- Flip through more images from Before Midnight
Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Wondering what sequelized delights await us in 2013 and beyond? After the jump:
- Jackie Chan joins Expendables 3, wants to do Rush Hour 4
- Dennis Haysbert talks about replacing Michael Clarke Duncan in Sin City 2
- Mark Wahlberg calls Transformers 4 the most important role of his career
- Michael Bay says that the “leaked” Transformers 4 script is a fake
- David Wain is definitely still working on Wet Hot American Summer 2
- Adam Green is excited to explore Victor Crowley’s story in Hatchet III
- J.J. Abrams has thoughts on the 3D conversion for Star Trek Into Darkness
- George Miller‘s Mad Max: Fury Road has finished shooting
- New images and plot details emerge for The Hangover Part 3
- A still from Red 2 shows off some godawful outfits
Read More »
Franchises return, franchises go away and franchises start a new in today’s Sequel Bits.
- James Cameron might add Chinese Na’vi to Avatar 2.
- The said to be soon-retired Jackie Chan might make Police Story 2013.
- A major party scene in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire will film in Atlanta.
- Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan share a bed in the first still from Scary Movie 5.
- Paramount is hoping Tom Cruise‘s Jack Reacher will start its own franchise, and mark the beginning of a franchise focus at the studio.
- Producer Avi Lerner keep mentioning names he wants for The Expendables 3: Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, the return of Mickey Rourke etc.
- A sequel to 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, 28 Months Later, no longer looks likely.
Read More »