There are only a couple weeks left in the blockbuster season, but there are still plenty of big stories to be excited about coming soon. This edition of the Best Stories of the Week includes updates on Minecraft, a sequel to Jurassic World, easter eggs from Ant-Man an uncertain future for the Terminator franchise and confirmation of a Fantastic Four and X-Men crossover in the works.
Below you’ll also find new trailers for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, the latest James Bond adventure Spectre and the full trailer for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur. Check out all this and the rest of the Best Stories of the Week after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »
After waiting hours in line over the past two days (yes, we have to wait in line just like everyone else), Lucasfilm finally wowed Comic-Con with their panel in Hall H for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it did not disappoint.
Although there weren’t any major announcements about forthcoming Star Wars Anthology projects or the next two episodes of the new Star Wars trilogy, fans were still left with the feeling that they could take on the whole Empire (or First Order) themselves. Why? Because a wonderful sizzle reel took us behind the scenes of the production of the film, and cast members both new and old came to hype up the start of a new era of Star Wars.
Below, find out everything we learned during the Star Wars Comic Con panel! Read More »
Add another name to your list of new Star Wars characters. An interview on StarWars.com has revealed that Andy Serkis is playing a character named Supreme Leader Snoke, and the character is being created through performance capture.
See the image and learn more about the Andy Serkis Star Wars character below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
Ever since the Vanity Fair spread on Star Wars: The Force Awakens arrived on Star Wars Day this past Monday, a whole new set of details have been confirmed and revealed. We officially know that Gwendoline Christie is the chrome stormtrooper of The First Order, and Adam Driver is the new bad guy Kylo Ren. Meanwhile, Lupita Nyong’o plays a motion-capture character named Maz Kanata, an alien pirate.
And now director J.J. Abrams is pulling back the curtain on the production of Episode VII ever so slightly. The filmmaker recently opened about Star Wars original trilogy references as well as filling in the 30-year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. Thankfully, it sounds like they kept their heads on straight to avoid fan service winks and nods. Read More »
May the Fourth is always a special time for Star Wars fans, but the holiday was made even more exciting this year by a deluge of new information and photos from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Vanity Fair kicked off the fun Sunday evening with their new Star Wars: The Force Awakens cover, and then kept the party going with stills, behind-the-scenes photos, character reveals, and more. After the jump, let’s review the top 9 things we learned about Star Wars: The Force Awakens this Star Wars Day. Read More »
This is the first Star Wars Day in ten years where we actually have a new Star Wars movie to look forward to. (Or more than that, if you want to argue that Revenge of the Sith wasn’t something to look forward to. Zing!) So far, the holiday hasn’t disappointed. We’ve seen a gorgeous new Vanity Fair cover and a behind-the-scenes video, and now we have a bunch of exciting Star Wars The Force Awakens images to share as well.
The new batch of photos features Adam Driver as Kylo Ren, Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, and Lupita Nyong’o in mo-cap gear as Maz Kanata, along with the assorted creatures that populate the Star Wars galaxy. Click through to check ’em out, and to find out what else we’ve learned about the new Star Wars movie.
Read More »