Posted on Friday, December 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
So what if January 1 is still a couple of weeks away? Get an early start on celebrating the New Year with this big batch of new photos from some of 2015′s most highly anticipated releases, including Jurassic World, Mad Max: Fury Road, Furious 7, Insurgent, Inside Out, The Walk, and Chappie.
Hit the jump to see all the fresh images. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
When last we left Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) their whole world was different and they had no idea what was coming next. Well, fans finally can get in on the secret of what is to come as the first The Divergent Series: Insurgent trailer hits the Internet. The second part in the Divergent Series sees Tris and Four as fugitives on the run from the leader of the world they’re rebelling against, played by Kate Winslet.
Directed by Robert Schwentke and written by Brian Duffield, Insurgent opens on March 20. Watch the first trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
We’re not even done with this year’s crop of dystopian YA adventures (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1 doesn’t come out for another week) but already the Hollywood marketing machine is getting us primed for next year’s.
The first dystopian YA movie of 2015 to get a trailer is The Divergent Series: Insurgent, which picks back up with Tris (Shailene Woodley) and Four (Theo James) in the aftermath of their big showdown against the powers that be in the last installment. Watch the first The Divergent Series: Insurgent trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 28th, 2014 by Angie Han
Oftentimes sequels are just more of the same, but at least we know for sure The Divergent Series: Insurgent will differ from its predecessor in one key way. Lionsgate/Summit announced today the dystopian action sequel will open in 3D. To celebrate that news, the studio is releasing eight “interactive 3D character posters” throughout the day.
After the jump, get the details on The Divergent Series: Insurgent 3D release, and check out The Divergent Series: Insurgent character posters.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s theoretically possible that someday we’ll run out of sequel news to discuss. Today is not that day. After the jump:
- Chef‘s Emjay Anthony also joins Insurgent
- Cam Neely isn’t sure if he’s in Dumb and Dumber To
- Here’s how you can be an extra in Pitch Perfect 2
- Vin Diesel might be slowing down Fast & Furious 7
- William Eubank has ideas for a The Signal 2
- What was Guillermo del Toro‘s contribution to How to Train Your Dragon 2?
- Did you notice the subtle coming-out in HTTYD2?
- Watch a cute trailer for Dolphin Tale 2
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves the sea floor-dwelling creatures of Bikini Bottom, the high-flying dragon riders of Berk, and everyone in between. After the jump:
- Is China getting sick of effects-heavy Hollywood sequels?
- Rumor has it Jurassic World will feature pterodactyl riders
- Insurgent casts a couple more Dauntless characters
- Paul Walker‘s brother may be in future Fast movies
- Ernie Hudson says Ghostbusters 3 will shoot soon
- Brittany Snow tweets from the set of Pitch Perfect 2
- Get ready for lots and lots of Sharknado tie-in merchandise
- SpongeBob has a Coppertone moment in a new poster
- Watch the trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- See a How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette about the score
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Everyone wants to make a sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. It’s just that some of these sequels are less theoretical than others. After the jump:
- Eva Green responds to her Sin City poster rejection
- Sean Astin feels optimistic about The Goonies 2
- Zach Galligan wants in on the Gremlins reboot
- Angelina Jolie will “maybe” play Maleficent again
- Insurgent adds Daniel Dae Kim and two others
- Fast & Furious 7 welcomes musician Romeo Santos
- Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster get close in a new pic
- Get your groove on with a new Step Up All In trailer
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The new wave of YA films is turning into a great way for a set of well-established women to find a new audience and collect a solid payday at the same time. Meryl Streep is in The Giver; Patricia Clarkson has a part in The Maze Runner; and Julianne Moore shows up in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. The film Divergent already counted Kate Winslet among its cast, and the sequel, Insurgent, had locked in Octavia Spencer. Now Insurgent will also feature Naomi Watts. And Watts won’t just do the one film. She’ll be part of the series going forward. Read More »