Over the summer, a live streaming press conference introduced everyone to the cast of Independence Day 2, officially titled Independence Day: Resurgence (or IDR for those who were a fan of the ID4 shorthand for the original 1996 blockbuster). In that little event, we also learned some key details about the setting for the sequel, but with regards to the plot, we’re still largely in the dark.
But hopefully we’ll learn a little more about IDR this winter as director Roland Emmerich recently revealed in an interview that the Independence Day 2 trailer release will be right around Christmas. But that’s not all the director had to say about the sequel. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The Independence Day sequel is shooting now in Albuquerque, and Fox invited journalists to set this week to reveal some of the first information about the film. As part of the studio’s set visit turned press day, writer/director Roland Emmerich took park in a live-streamed press conference with cast members Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman, Judd Hirsch, Vivica A. Fox, Brent Spiner, Angelababy, Maika Monroe, Sela Ward, Jessie Usher and Liam Hemsworth.
The film’s proper title was been revealed to be Independence Day: Resurgence. Along with that info there was a lot of other talk about characters both returning and new. You can watch a nicely-edited highlight reel of that livestream below, along with the full archived stream, and a brief title animation treatment.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
Lots of casting notices, plus fresh plot details and a new spin on an old score. After the jump:
- Gbenga Akinnagbe joins Independence Day 2
- Colman Domingo will Fear the Walking Dead
- Cristine Rose will return for Heroes Reborn
- Wyatt Russell is on board for Goon 2
- Fuller House will give Danny a hot new wife
- Open Season is getting yet another sequel
- Get more details on Netflix’s Wet Hot prequel
- Fox CEO addresses the delayed Avatar sequels
- Thomas Tull gets a chunk of Jurassic World money
- Listen to Michael Giacchino‘s Jurassic World score
Read More »
When Roland Emmerich first unleashed Independence Day on the world in 1996, major cities were under attack. Washington DC, New York, Los Angeles — each city was leveled when a city-sized spaceship set off a blast over an iconic building. In Independence Day 2, it seems that idea is being expanded globally. A nice licensing poster for the film shows the aliens back in Earth space, but not floating over cities. This time, they’re floating over the entire planet.
Below, check out the first Independence Day 2 poster and read a synopsis that offers a few more details. Read More »
You’re in luck, this is a jam-packed edition of sequel bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig confirms that his Ghostbusters will have up to date tech.
- Kevin Smith compares Clerks 3 to Shakespeare’s King Lear.
- Simon Pegg said Star Trek Beyond shoots later this month and the first script was just finished.
- Independence Day 2 adds a star from The Dark Knight.
- Producer Mark Wahlberg said if the fans come out for Entourage, they’ll do one more.
- Jackie Chan tells TMZ Rush Hour 4 is coming.
- See 6 character posters from Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation.
- Harry Potter screenwriter Steve Kloves was available to help J.K. Rowling on Fantastic Beasts.
- Justin Lin talks the story of Star Trek Beyond.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There have been a ton of casting announcements over the last month for Roland Emmerich‘s upcoming Independence Day sequel, some of which we have missed reporting on. With the news today that William Fichtner is joining the ensemble which is currently filming, I thought now is a good time to do a round up of the Independence Day sequel cast, giving you all of the details on who is involved, returning, not returning, and what roles they may have in the upcoming sequel.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
Jeff Goldblum is back for Independence Day 2, and writer/producer Dean Devlin has the photo to prove it. Devlin shared the first photo of the original Independence Day star on set for the sequel. Check out the Jeff Goldblum Independence Day 2 image after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Some odds and ends from the world of sequels. After the jump:
- Krang is rumored to be in Ninja Turtles 2
- Gramercy Pictures relaunches with Insidious 3
- Leslie Mann and Kat Dennings join Croods 2
- Independence Day 2 adds Patrick St. Esprit
- … and Vivica A. Fox discusses her return
- Warner Bros. sets Project XX for summer 2016
- Bad Santa 2 is hoping to shoot this fall
- Mimi Rogers boards the Ash vs. Evil Dead show
- Magic Mike XXL reveals a sexy new poster
- Terminator Genisys unleashes another TV spot
Read More »
Independence Day‘s Thomas J. Whitmore is one of the most beloved U.S. Presidents in movie history. But even in a world nearly eviscerated by hostile alien forces, POTUS isn’t a lifetime gig. So in Independence Day 2, the Oval Office will be taken over by Sela Ward. More on the new Independence Day 2 president after the jump. Read More »