Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
Though three different actors have played Bruce Banner on the big screen in the past decade, only one can really say he also played the Hulk. When Mark Ruffalo appeared as the iconic character in last summer’s The Avengers, he was the first actor to actually portray the Hulk half of the character in motion-capture. (His predecessors Edward Norton and Eric Bana let the CG artists take over that part.)
The decision paid off, as fans enthused that Ruffalo’s Hulk was the best they’d seen in recent memory. Now a new video shows just how Industrial Light & Magic pulled off the trick. Hit the jump to check it out.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Despite his status as one of Marvel’s most recognizable superheroes, the Hulk has had some trouble transitioning to the big screen. Ang Lee got some of the limpest reviews of his career when he tried a decade ago with Hulk; Louis Leterrier fared only marginally better in 2008 with The Incredible Hulk. Neither film earned enough to make a sequel a no-brainer the way Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America: The First Avenger did.
And yet, Mark Ruffalo‘s turn as the not-so-jolly green giant in last summer’s The Avengers garnered such a positive reaction from fans that speculation began swirling about a third attempt at a Hulk standalone. At a recent event, Avengers director Joss Whedon offered his opinion on the possibility of a Hulk movie. Basically, he thinks it’s possible — but it’d be “very, very hard.” Hit the jump to read his comments.
Read More »
Is Marvel delaying the development of Guillermo del Toro‘s Hulk TV show? Does Mark Millar think Josh Trank‘s Fantastic Four is going to be special? Want to watch another video of Emma Stone talking The Amazing Spider-Man 2? How can you own Tony Stark’s TV from Iron Man 3? How can you watch the entire Christopher Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy in 3 minutes? What secret is buried in the pages of Superior Spider-Man #1? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 7th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits is jam-packed with geeky goodness. After the jump:
- Arrested Development starts filming new episodes
- New character and plot details emerge for NBC’s Hannibal
- Syfy and Bryan Fuller are adapting The Lotus Caves
- Guillermo del Toro talks about Marvel’s Hulk TV series
- The Wire‘s McNulty was almost on Game of Thrones
- Showtime has new promos for Season 2 of Homeland
- Take a peek at the second season of NBC’s Grimm
- Watch a new trailer for Season 3 of HBO’s Treme
- NBC unwraps an extended preview for Revolution
- Get a first look at Ashley Tisdale on Sons of Anarchy
Read More »
This edition of TV Bits has casting, rumors, Lego and even some controversy. After the jump read about:
- Joel McHale will join FX’s Sons of Anarchy for a multi-episode story this season.
- Broadway actor Sebastian Arcelus joins Kevin Spacey and David Fincher‘s Netflix show House of Cards.
- Watch classic scenes from The Wire in Lego. It’s even better than it sounds.
- Guillermo Del Toro offers an update on the Hulk pilot.
- Emmy nominee Giancarlo Esposito has some interesting thoughts on this season of Breaking Bad.
- Fred Willard has been fired from his PBS show Market Warriors after being caught in a XXX rated theater.
Read More »
What’s the latest update on Guillermo Del Toro‘s Hulk TV show? Has The Wolverine been delayed once again? Which director does 20th Century Fox want to direct the sequel to X-Men First Class? Want to see some teases of the new Batman: Arkham City DLC? Is Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark still doing well a year after opening? Are there some funny, great, superhero themed stocking stuffers out there? What piece of casting gives a hint to the story Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Who is scoring The Avengers? What’s the latest speed bump for Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark? Want to hear an extensive update on the Hulk TV show? Which Goodfellas actor could have played Batman for Tim Burton? And why do the writers of the new Wonder Woman comic book think there hasn’t been a movie yet? Has Marvel Comics finally made it into the digital age? Read about this and much more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Marvel’s Phase Two is coming together. That was the message presented at New York Comic-Con this past weekend as Marvel President Kevin Feige was on hand to promote next summer’s The Avengers. Of course, he was also bombarded with questions about what’s happening after that. Among the revelations were that the first post-Avengers movie, Iron Man 3, is the beginning of a new phase that will ultimately lead to The Avengers 2 and that film will likely feature a new team. Doctor Strange could factor into that plan and the Hulk TV show might even link up. It’s all explained after the jump along with the full Avengers panel for your viewing pleasure. Read More »