Posted on Friday, November 2nd, 2012 by Angie Han
Time for a quick rundown of the latest sequel news. After the jump:
- Breaking Dawn Part 2 ending is different from the book’s
- Also, Stephenie Meyer has more ideas for Twilight tales
- Universal’s The Best Man 2 is coming next November
- DreamWorks is “looking at” How to Train Your Dragon 3
- Fox will air a How to Train Your Dragon special in December
- See the tracklist for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Read More »
Most movie studios release information about their upcoming slates a year or two at a time. But today DreamWorks Animation released a four-year slate, driven in part by the new distribution deal the company has with Fox, as well as the long lead time needed to make animated films, and also perhaps by the not-so-hot view of the publicly-traded company on Wall Street.
We’ve known that DA has a mind towards heavy sequel production, and that is reflected in this slate, with dates for two more How to Train Your Dragon films, another Kung Fu Panda sequel, and another Madagascar spinoff. But, in addition to films we know about (The Croods, Turbo) there are some other new projects that adapt kids books, and more details on the previously-announced animated Bollywood-style musical. Read More »
Producer Tim Johnson has described the announced sequel for How to Train Your Dragon as “a much bigger movie,” and Dreamworks Animation head Jeffrey Katzenberg stated that the How To Train Your Dragon series will have “at least three” chapters “maybe more.” Co-director Dean DeBlois explains how the sequel, and future of the series, will expand the story to other worlds.
Read More »