Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves the sea floor-dwelling creatures of Bikini Bottom, the high-flying dragon riders of Berk, and everyone in between. After the jump:
- Is China getting sick of effects-heavy Hollywood sequels?
- Rumor has it Jurassic World will feature pterodactyl riders
- Insurgent casts a couple more Dauntless characters
- Paul Walker‘s brother may be in future Fast movies
- Ernie Hudson says Ghostbusters 3 will shoot soon
- Brittany Snow tweets from the set of Pitch Perfect 2
- Get ready for lots and lots of Sharknado tie-in merchandise
- SpongeBob has a Coppertone moment in a new poster
- Watch the trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- See a How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette about the score
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
As film fanatics, it’s in our nature to want more. It’s not enough to be satisfied How To Train Your Dragon 2 is opening next week. A movie that’s just as wonderful, if not more so, than the original. No, we have to look ahead. We have to look forward to June 17, 2016‘s How To Train Your Dragon 3, and maybe beyond.
Since development on the sequel began, writer/director Dean DeBlois has been very upfront in saying How To Train Your Dragon 2 is the middle chapter in a larger saga. A trilogy that will end in 2016′s How To Train Your Dragon 3, announced in 2012. Now with Part 2 almost in theaters, he’s begun to divulge a bit about the third film, specifically how the ending of the series will tie back into Cressida Cowell‘s original books.
Also, one of the trilogy’s key components, composer John Powell, suggested that third film might actually be split into two, making the trilogy a quadrilogy. Read DeBlois’ quotes about How To Train Your Dragon 3 and Powell’s quotes about a possible How To Train Your Dragon 4 below. Read More »
One of the biggest and most anticipated films of the summer, How to Train Your Dragon 2, premiered at the Cannes Film Festival Friday. It was the first public screening of the sequel, which continues the story of Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) and Toothless in the kingdom of Berk. Buzz around the project has been solid but now that respected critics from around the world have seen the film, is it as good as we all hoped? The answer is…mostly.
Below read some early How to Train Your Dragon 2 reviews. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits covers everything from the family-friendly sweetness of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to the gritty, grown-up delights of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. After the jump:
- CBS isn’t interested in How I Met Your Dad
- Wesley Snipes is game for White Men Can’t Jump 2
- Kristen Bell would absolutely do another Frozen
- Octavia Spencer gets on board for Insurgent
- Bond 24 will feature a Scandinavian Bond girl
- Grimlock gets a Transformers: Age of Extinction banner
- Get a taste of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For in GIF form
- Watch another cute clip from How to Train Your Dragon 2
Read More »
Treble comes for the Barden Bellas again as Adam DeVine joins the Pitch Perfect sequel. Also after the jump:
- Will Mothra make an appearance in Godzilla 2?
- David Spade would like to bring you Joe Dirt 2
- Now You See Me 2 will shoot later this year, probably
- The Smurfs reboot gets pushed back a year
- Hear Jon Snow in a How to Train Your Dragon 2 clip
- Check out the trailer for the Rurouni Kenshin sequels
- Transformers: Age of Extinction gets a Chevy commercial
- See pics from the making of the Transformers soundtrack
Read More »
Its that time of year again. Jeff Cannata (formerly of the Totally Rad Show, now host of NLB and DLC, and a frequent co-host of the /Filmcast) has thrown down the gauntlet, and once again challenged /Film to compete with him in what has become an annual tradition: the Summer Movie Wager. Every year in the past I would make a guest appearance on the Totally Rad Show for this segment, but with that show now disbanded we have taken on the job of hosting this contest on /Film.
This year the contest includes Germain Lussier, Jeff Cannata and myself in a game is to decide what will be the highest grossing films of the Summer. It’s a free-for-all; the person with the best score wins. But it isn’t just that easy — not only do the participants need to predict what 10 films will be the highest grossing films domestically, but we need to place them in order. After the jump you can watch the full episode of the show with our predictions.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Wondering what exactly Toothless, Hiccup, and their pals have been up to since we last saw them? A new How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette would be happy to show you. Also after the jump:
- The Act of Killing sequel should hit festivals this fall
- Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 adds D.B. Woodside
- Disney is making another Teen Beach Movie
- The Matthews family unites for a Girl Meets World poster
- See some pretty concept art from the Smurfs reboot
- Peek at a new photo from Dumb and Dumber To
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 by Angie Han
This edition of Sequel Bits covers everything from kid-friendly adventures to gritty thrillers, and everything in between. After the jump:
- Get a peek at the Jurassic World Honolulu set.
- Meanwhile, Jurassic World is casting extras in New Orleans.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 will open in IMAX.
- … And to celebrate, here are some new pics and a new clip.
- The Broken Lizard fellows talk Super Troopers 2.
- Scott Derrickson explains why Ciaran Foy was chosen for Sinister 2.
- Watch a trailer for City State 2, the sequel to the Icelandic thriller.
Read More »