Posted on Thursday, February 12th, 2015 by Angie Han
The moment Jon Stewart announced his departure from Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, fans began speculating about who might replace him. One of the most popular fantasy-cast picks has been Jessica Williams, who’s been knocking it out of the park as the program’s “Senior Beyoncé Correspondent,” among many other things, since 2012.
Well, if the time-traveling bros of Hot Tub Time Machine 2 are to be believed, all of those wishlists are right. In an eerily prescient clip from the comedy sequel, the gang arrives in 2025 to discover that Williams has taken over Stewart’s old desk. Watch the Daily Show Jessica Williams clip from Hot Tub Time Machine 2 after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, February 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
When we weren’t crying over the Nationwide ad, singing along to Katy Perry’s halftime show, or screaming / cackling at Pete Carroll’s ill-fated fourth-quarter call, we were oohing and ahhing over the many many Super Bowl movie trailers unveiled last night.
Everything from Ted 2 to Tomorrowland was represented, with more robots, dinosaurs, flying cars, and college a cappella singers than you could shake a stick at. Watch all of the 2015 Super Bowl movie trailers after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Forget all those cute little indies from Sundance — let’s dive into some big blockbuster sequels. After the jump:
- Get details on Arnold‘s big fight scene in Terminator: Genisys
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter will shoot this summer
- Colin Firth “might be ready” for Bridget Jones 3
- Now You See Me 2 picks up Henry Lloyd-Hughes
- Christine Taylor‘s Matilda will return for Zoolander 2
- Chris Pine likes Simon Pegg as the Star Trek 3 screenwriter
- Watch the trailer for The Man with the Iron Fists 2
- The Divergent sequel Insurgent gets one more poster
- A Hot Tub Time Machine 2 TV spot warns against deflated balls
- Ted 2 gets a poster and a certain Patriots quarterback
Read More »
There are some big updates on some really big sequel in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Paul Feig says his Ghostbusters reboot will take place in New York and include winks to the original.
- Don’t fret, Ian Ziering and Tara Reid are returning for Sharknado 3.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 starts filming in April.
- There’s still no script for latest Friday the 13th sequel.
- See a new poster for Hot Tub Time Machine 2.
- Eddie Murphy sounds less than optimistic about Beverly Hills Cop 4.
- See an image of Roland Emmerich location scouting for Independence Day 2.
- New images of the evil D-Rex from Jurassic World have hit the web.
Read More »
Were you too scared to click on the red-band Hot Tub Time Machine 2 trailer from July? Well, a green band trailer is now here and you can finally see what’s in store for the good friends who find a time machine.
This time around, the characters played by Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Rob Corddry misuse their amazing toy and decide to go back into the past to fix the problems they create. They mistakenly end up in the future, though, alongside the son of the character played by John Cusack in the first film (Cusack isn’t back here), played by Adam Scott. Now they have to worry not only about the past, but the present, which is also the past in the future. Then it gets even crazier than that.
Hot Tub Time Machine 2 opens February 20 and you can watch the new trailer and see the new poster below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
There is a whole crop of new and in some cases changed release dates, as studios including Paramount, Fox and The Weinstein Company have shuffled around dates for the end of this year and going all the way into late 2015. The big changes are significant pushes for Hot Tub Time Machine 2 and Hitman: Agent 47, but there’s a lot more, including date tweaks for Independence Day 2, Paddington, and the Seth Rogen and Joseph Gordon-Levitt Chrismas movie. We’ve got a full rundown after the break. Read More »
The Paramount Pictures panel at 2014 Comic Con was full of surprises. One of the surprises was the appearance of actor Clark Duke to premiere of the first trailer for Hot Tub Time Machine 2. Thankfully for those of you not in Hall H in San Diego, Paramount has released the full Hot Tub Time Machine 2 red-band trailer online. Watch the trailer now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
In case you missed it stated over the past couple years, or recently embedded in the report of Forest Whitaker joining the cast of Taken 3, Liam Neeson has explained that the plot of this threequel deviates from established pattern: “no one gets taken” this time. More of that quote after the break, along with the following:
- Phil Tippett talks about going back to work in Jurassic Park,
- Reno Wilson says he’s voicing a Transformers 4 character,
- The Hot Tub Time Machine sequel has a release date,
- and Bob Uecker says Major League VI is still coming together.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »