The Paramount Pictures panel at 2014 Comic Con was full of surprises. One of the surprises was the appearance of actor Clark Duke to premiere of the first trailer for Hot Tub Time Machine 2. Thankfully for those of you not in Hall H in San Diego, Paramount has released the full Hot Tub Time Machine 2 red-band trailer online. Watch the trailer now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In case you missed it stated over the past couple years, or recently embedded in the report of Forest Whitaker joining the cast of Taken 3, Liam Neeson has explained that the plot of this threequel deviates from established pattern: “no one gets taken” this time. More of that quote after the break, along with the following:
- Phil Tippett talks about going back to work in Jurassic Park,
- Reno Wilson says he’s voicing a Transformers 4 character,
- The Hot Tub Time Machine sequel has a release date,
- and Bob Uecker says Major League VI is still coming together.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
If you consider sequel news to be a gift, we’ve got a whole sleigh full of presents for you. After the jump:
- No (duh), Justin Bieber won’t replace Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 7
- Zoe Bell could become one of the ExpendaBelles
- Ricky Gervais will be back for Night at the Museum 3
- Phil “You Had One Job” Tippett is returning for Jurassic World
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2 is coming sometime in 2014
- Quentin Tarantino is really not interested in doing Kill Bill 3
- Zoolander 2 is “on hold,” and Dodgeball 2 has a script
- Someone has been arrested for that Transformers extortion attempt
- Sullivan Stapleton and Eva Green gets their own 300 posters
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Despite Paramount’s objections, the producer for It’s a Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story is confident his project will go forward. Sorry, haters. Also after the jump:
- Channing Tatum could still return for G.I. Joe 3…
- … and Adrianne Palicki is definitely going to be back
- Kellan Lutz had to get smaller for The Expendables 3
- Paramount and MGM team up for Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- NBC okays a sequel to The Bible (the show, not the book)
- Jack O’Connell and Lena Headey get their own 300 posters
Read More »
I can talk ad nauseum about how good A.C.O.D. is but it comes down to one, small thing. This is the film where Adam Scott becomes a leading man. Scott, who has been a lead on TV, usually plays the small, scene stealing role in films. But when writer director Stu Zicherman was asked about the one person he’d like to play Carter, the adult child of divorce at the center of his poignant comedy, Scott was the first name on the list. Then, because Scott had worked with actors like Jane Lynch, Richard Jenkins and Amy Poehler on other projects, the film soon became a star-studded affair.
We had the opportunity to speak to Scott about his new leading man status and how he was able to use his friendships to help fill A.C.O.D. with such incredible talent. The post-Sundance stress of the film also came up, as did the film’s incredible ending, working with a first time director, his upcoming roles in Hot Tub Time Machine 2, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and a certain video blog on /Film.
A.C.O.D. is now playing in New York and Los Angeles. It opens Friday in several other cities. Read our exclusive interview with its star, Adam Scott, below. Read More »
Briefly: Making a hot tub travel through time is never easy, so it’s good to have a repairman on hand just in case. Thankfully, in Steve Pink‘s upcoming Hot Tub Time Machine 2, the original hot tub repairman will be returning. Chevy Chase has signed to reprise his mysterious role in the 2010 cult comedy. There’s no word on how big his role will be this time around, but we do know the film (which also returns Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Rob Corddry) takes the friends a decade into future where they meet the son of John Cusack’s character (who isn’t returning) played by Adam Scott. [Deadline]
Update: Deadline offers the further news that Chase’s one-time Community co-star Gillian Jacobs will play the film’s lead female role.
Turns out we’re getting Hot Tub Time Machine 2 sooner than we thought. After months of speculation regarding a follow-up to the 2010 comedy, last week Adam Scott joined the cast, replacing John Cusack in the cast that features Craig Robinson, Clark Duke and Rob Corddry. Now Corddry confirmed the film will start shooting in the next week or so with Steve Pink returning to direct.
And that’s not all. While appearing on the Howard Stern Show Corddry explained a bunch of additional facts, including one particularly revealing nugget: Scott will be playing the son of Cusack’s character as the hot tub sends the group into the future. Read more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The gang’s all back for Hot Tub Time Machine 2, with one major exception. John Cusack will not reprise his role in the eventual sequel to the 2010 film. Instead the other lead in the film will likely be Adam Scott, star of Party Down, Parks and Recreation and the upcoming A.C.O.D. He’ll join returning cast members Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson and Clark Duke for another journey through time in the hot tub along with director Steve Pink.
Scott won’t be playing the same role as Cusack did in the original film though. He’ll be playing a completely different person. Read More »