It feels like every single week there’s a new story about Baby Groot. Whether it be a new toy version of the character, a piece of art, or discussion of the scene itself, everyone just wants more information about the hilarious ending to Guardians of the Galaxy. If you’ve been on the fence about which version of the character to buy, you’re in luck. Hot Toys has revealed their version of Baby Groot and it’s pretty easy to say this is a close to definitive as we have. Unfortunately, it’s only 1:4 scale (which is so disappointing. Not 1:1?) but comes with interchangeable heads and bendable arms so you can set him in whatever dancing pose you like. Check out the Hot Toys Baby Groot toy below. Read More »
In all the excitement over the past few weeks, be it Star Wars trailers, Jurassic World trailers, the holidays or major studio leaks, it’s almost hard to believe 2015 is nearly upon us. It should be an excellent year filled with blockbusters the likes of which we have never seen. As time moves on though we’re going to be seeing lots and lots more of those blockbusters and, now, you can finally analyze Tony Stark’s new armor in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
This Age of Ultron Iron Man suit comes courtesy of everyone’s favorite high end collectible company, Hot Toys. They’ve released a ton of images of the Avengers: Age of Ultron Iron Man Mark XLIII suit which even comes with an Ultron accessory.
Check out the Avengers: Age of Ultron Iron Man suit below. Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
The gold standard in high-end collectible toys is a company called Hot Toys. They have the most desirable licenses, and create work that is absolutely second to none. Some of their recent brilliant work is based on Back to the Future, The Dark Knight and The Avengers.
Back in July, Hot Toys finally announced they had acquired the mother of all licenses: Star Wars. This was a crushing blow to collectors like myself because it meant we’d soon be dead broke as Hot Toys takes all our money with their amazing work. Now the first two pieces have been released and, as expected, they are incredible. You can see a tease above; below, check out the first Hot Toys Star Wars for Han Solo and Chewbacca. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In July, Hot Toys announced they would be producing a Back to the Future 1/6th scale Marty McFly Figure as part of their Movie Masterpiece line. The first photos of the Michael J Fox-replica Marty McFly figure was very impressive, but what was in the background of the photos got even more buzz: a 1/6th Scale DeLorean Time Machine replica. From what I hear, Hot Toys only created the vehicle as set dressing for the Marty figure, but the response at Comic Con 2014 (where the figure was on display with the car) convinced them to make it a reality.
And today they have released new photos of the prototype, along with information about the features of the collectible, price and more. Since I was a child, I always wanted top own a DeLorean time machine — this might be my only (reasonably affordable) chance. Hit the jump to learn more about the Hot Toys DeLorean Time Machine.
Read More »
Lots and lots of awesome in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumor has it one of Marvel’s first Star Wars comics will be Princess Leia.
- Star Wars Battlefront could come out alongside Star Wars Episode VII.
- If John Boyega is a Stormtrooper in Episode VII, does he appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- The final page of the Shakespeare Return of the Jedi book is an Episode VII poem.
- Listen to Simon Pegg as C-3PO.
- Many Star Wars stars have returned home to the United States for the upcoming hiatus.
- The Robot Chicken team did a Star Wars Episode VII video
- Hot Toys is officially doing Star Wars toys.
- See the two new Hot Wheels Star Wars vehicles.
- Read a very interesting Star Wars survey.
Read More »
Want to see impressive new collectibles from The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man 3 and Planet Hulk? Will Jason Momoa just say he’s Aquaman already? Who is playing Katana in The CW’s Arrow? How much will a visit to the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron cost? Want to see some new video from that set? Which alien race did James Gunn recently tease for Guardians of the Galaxy? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Want to see a new photo from X-Men: Days of Future Past? Has a composer been selected for Avengers: Age of Ultron? How can you read the Avengers sequel’s original comic story (or the one the title comes from, at least) for cheap right now? What did Marc Webb say in Times Square about The Amazing Spider-Man 2? Did the Internet miss three easter eggs in Man of Steel? Why can’t you find your favorite Marvel Comics in some stores? Read about all this and more in the final 2013 edition of Superhero Bits. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Which other Spider-Man villain is hinted at on The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Tumblr? How did the Joker take over the Thanksgiving parade in 1989? How close to true are the Ant-Man casting rumors? What does the Rise of Electro logo look like? Where is Ant-Man filming? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
This might be the coolest image ever. A Reddit user took his completed Hot Toys collectibles of Marvel’s The Avengers and dressed them up as Star Wars characters. A very, very expensive game of dress up. Now this is a Disney movie I’d pay a lot of money to see. Click above to enlarge the image. [Reddit]