I see you have constructed a new Star Wars Bits. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- First look at new The Force Awakens books coming in December
- Domhnall Gleeson talks a bit about his Force Awakens character General Hux
- Tim Rose discusses returning as Admiral Akbar in The Force Awakens
- Some new rumors surface about Rey in The Force Awakens
- A new survey asks fans where The Force Awakens will rank among the saga
- See a forthcoming new 6-inch Black Series figure from The Force Awakens
- Check out Hot Toys‘ sixth scale First Order TIE Fighter Pilot
- Kickstart some awesome Star Wars bluetooth speakers
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Obviously we’re big movie fans here at SlashFilm. And some of us like to show our passion by having cool stuff on our shelves. Whether it’s prop replicas, LEGO sets, action figures or a piece of art on the wall, we like to show how much we love what we love.
For those with some extra cash to throw around, they go the extra mile with their collectibles and pick up things from places like Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys. And a new video shows how the latter company produces such intricately detailed collectible action figures for adults, getting a close-up look at the sculpting, painting and more. Find out how they make Hot Toys figures after the jump! Read More »
Update: A few days ago we published a story about Hot Toys’ announcement of an 18-Foot Long Sixth Scale Star Wars Millennium Falcon which would premiere this week at Ani-Com and Games Hong Kong (ACGHK), the biggest pop-culture event in Hong Kong. The show is about the begin and the first photos have leaked online. Check out the first photos of the Hot Toys 18-Foot Sixth Scale Star Wars Millennium Falcon.
Read More »
The entire SlashFilm crew is all over San Diego for the rest of the week, and if you’ve been paying attention to the front page, then you already know that we’re covering Comic-Con like crazy. We tossed up some photos of downtown San Diego with the buildings covered in upcoming movies and TV shows, and now we have an inside look at the show floor.
Comic-Con is massive, and it’s impossible to get pictures of everything, so we decided to just get some snapshots of things that we personally thought were cool. Whether it’s unique displays, awesome props, collectible toys, spectacular artwork, we just wanted everyone to see some of the coolest stuff from the show floor.
Check out our Comic Con 2015 showfloor photos after the jump! Read More »
It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye Star Wars Bits in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters. Here’s what we’ve got in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- Aaron Paul is (again) rumored for a future Star Wars role,
- R2-D2 Builders Club members are already working on Rogue One,
- A rumored Rogue One casting call surfaces,
- Sneak preview of Star Wars comic #7 with Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Hot Toys unveils one-sixth scale Millennium Falcon cockpit,
- Star Wars Rebels Season One will be available in the UK,
- Sideshow Collectibles unveils new Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett statue,
- Battlefront short story coming in October,
- Dice Games was scared of Star Wars Battlefront,
- New image of Sabine in Star Wars Rebels,
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars packs release date,
- and a new Star Wars Aftermath description
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We could probably rename the site “Star Wars Bits” this weekend as Star Wars Celebration begins but, until then, we wanted to do one more round up before the madness started. Below, read about the following.
- Will Star Wars Celebration have a full Force Awakens exhibit?
- See the latest batch of official merchandise from Star Wars Celebration as well as Funkos.
- Marvel may soon announce two new Star Wars comic books.
- Is a full character list from The Force Awakens now online?
- EA Star Wars continues to tease Star Wars Battlefront, which may first debut on XBox One.
- Check out the Hot Toys Star Wars Celebration exclusive Spacetrooper figure.
Read More »
UPDATE: Hot Toys has uploaded some interior photos of this set, which show Iron Man himself. See them below.
When Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters, there are sure to be some characters and surprises fans will want to take home with them. But based on the trailers and early buzz, the most take-home worthy character or outfit has got to be the Hulkbuster, a suit Iron Man wears to try to handle Bruce Banner when he becomes the Hulk. The circumstances of this showdown, in terms of the narrative, are still relatively mysterious but the suit itself has already become a symbol of how Joss Whedon is taking things to a new level in the sequel.
Hot Toys – the world’s foremost creator of high end scaled collectibles – have just revealed their Hulkbuster toy. It’s an almost perfect replica of what you’ll see in theaters on May 1. Check out the Hot Toys Hulkbuster images below. Read More »
Was there a Guardians of the Galaxy reference on the finale of Parks and Recreation? What exactly happened at the end of Agent Carter and how did it tie into the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe? Who is Magneto cat? Can you wear the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix on your neck? Want to see a regular trailer for Batman: Arkham Knight and an honest trailer for Batman: Arkham Asylum? Does the Hot Toys Age of Ultron Hulk toy look good? Which producers are actually controlling Spider-Man? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
We’ve seen many photos of Ultron, the main villain in Joss Whedon‘s Avengers: Age of Ultron. We’ve seen him in trailers, we’ve heard him reference Pinocchio, and we’ve seen glimpses of his origin. But until the movie is released, the best way to truly see a character like this is Hot Toys.
The high-end, Hong Kong-based toy company makes the most realistic and detailed collectibles in the world, and they just revealed photos of their Ultron Prime 1/6 scale collectible. You can see a bunch of the Hot Toys Ultron photos below, which give you some great looks at the character that’ll rain hell down on the Avengers come May 1. Read More »