In today’s edition of sequel bits:
- Screenwriter Jane Goldman discusses Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
- Actor David Harbour talks about season two of Stranger Things.
- An update from Martin Lawrence on Bad Boys for Life.
- A preview of The Lost Boys comic.
- Sarah Jessica Parker says Hocus Pocus 2 remains a fantasy.
- And more.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
It’s a tradition as reliable as jack-o’-lanterns and trick-or-treating: Every year around Halloween, nostalgic Gen Xers and Millennials revisit the 1993 comedy Hocus Pocus, and then get to wondering why no one’s made a sequel yet. This year, Bette Midler even joined in on the conversation with a (facetious) explanation. As far as we know, though, Disney hasn’t officially fired up the cauldron yet.
And just to drive that last point home, Sarah Jessica Parker has gone on the record to clear things up: No, as far as she knows, there’s no Hocus Pocus 2 coming soon to a theater near you. But that doesn’t preclude the possibility of its returning in another form, according to producer and co-writer David Kirschner. Get the latest comments on the Hocus Pocus sequel after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Thought shark-tornadoes were a ridiculous idea? Wait til we send them into outer space! Or at least, that’s what the artwork on the new Sharknado 3 seems to be saying. Also after the jump:
- Tina Fey says it’s “too late” for a Mean Girls sequel
- Bette Midler is totally up for a Hocus Pocus sequel
- John Lasseter explains why they’re making Toy Story 4
- Jason Statham is returning for a sequel to The Mechanic
- The Transporter Legacy sets a summer release date
- Rumors has it Sam Smith will sing the Bond 24 theme
Read More »
A tracking board report got a lot of people talking today about the idea of Tina Fey producing a sequel to Kenny Ortega’s 1993 Disney Halloween movie Hocus Pocus. The original film starred Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy as a family of witches. It wasn’t a hit in theaters, but became a big thing on home video.
Hocus Pocus fans can, however, stop worrying about whether a sequel might be any good. Tina Fey is not making a new Hocus Pocus movie. She is, however, producing and starring in another Disney movie oriented around witches. Read More »