There’s so much in this edition of Sequel Bits it’s insane. Let’s get going. After the jump read about the following:
- David Fincher is still figuring out how to make The Girl Who Played With Fire.
- Ron Perlman still has no idea when Hellboy 3 might happen.
- A new image from Paranormal Activity 4 has been released.
- Frank Marshall said “all possibilities are open” if the Bourne franchise continues.
- Andy Nyman has been cast as The Tumor in Kick-Ass 2.
- Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was voted the most disappointing film of all time.
- NBA superstar LeBron James tweeted that he’d love to make Space Jam 2.
- Lake Placid: The Final Chapter, starring Robert Englund, premieres next month.
- Check out photos of Jessica Alba preparing for Sin City: A Dame To Kill For.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
One sequel that’s currently filming, two that are almost certain to happen and two that may never happen are all part of today’s Sequel Bits. After the jump, check out:
- A spy video from the set of Star Trek 2.
- Mike Tyson confirming he’ll appearing in The Hangover Part III.
- Jonah Hill said he’s begun to write the sequel to 21 Jump Street.
- Ron Perlman is not confident that Hellboy III will ever happen.
- Ryan Reynolds seems pessimistic when it comes to Green Lantern 2.
Read More »
Note: Superhero Bits will likely be sporadic over the next week because I’m at Fantastic Fest. Please, don’t weep for me.
Want to watch the first clip from Batman: Year One? Why is George R.R. Martin such a big Marvel fan? What does Ron Perlman have to say about the possibility of Hellboy 3? How about Mark Millar about Kick Ass 2 and Kick Ass 3? Does Tom Hardy have any plans post The Dark Knight Rises? Would you like to study the architecture of various superhero lairs? Read about all of this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
For several years — since the promotion cycle for Hellboy 2: The Golden Army — Guillermo del Toro has been talking about making a third Hellboy movie. Other participants, such as Ron Perlman, have talked about it, too, but the idea always came down to the availability of the director. The latest person to weigh in on the potential for a sequel is Mike Mignola, the man who originally wrote and drew the character on the comics page. And he doesn’t think that theoretical third film is ever going to happen. Read More »
As Season of the Witch limps towards theaters, the cast and crew are out doing the press rounds. Among them is Ron Perlman, the actor who has been a frequent presence in movies by Guillermo del Toro and who has already shot a part in Conan the Barbarian. While doing interviews for his current film, he has dropped some info about Conan, At the Mountains of Madness, and background for the idea for Hellboy 3. Read More »
One of BBC radio presenter Simon Mayo’s guests this week was Guillermo del Toro, and luckily for Guillermo, he came by on a Tuesday when Mayo’s oft-addled movie-reviewing sidekick Mark Kermode would be out of the way. While they were there to primarily discuss Del Toro’s vampire novel The Strain, Mayo did have a poke and probe into many of Guillermo’s upcoming movies, not least of all The Hobbit. After the break, details on his various cast confirmations, including Hugo Weaving as Elrond, and a good sackful of other del Toro updates, including details on why Hellboy 3 will very possibly not happen, the casting and make-up tests for Frankenstein, a potential TV version of The Strain and more.
Read More »
Somewhere in New Zealand, some cork boards are covered in index cards spelling out beat-by-beat the adventures of one Bilbo Baggins and his little magic buddies. Okay, maybe not literally, but Guillermo del Toro did recently spill to MTV that “the cards” were ready for his The Hobbit film. Since then, work has been underway on fleshing out this bare skeleton, conceiving visuals and chewing over casting options.
Early days on his Middle Earth mission, then. Exciting stuff, sure, but for somebody who loved Hellboy 2 as much as I did (and, boy, did I – I went to two press previews and paid for two more tickets too, got the disc in December and loved it all up to a nice shine) there’s got to be some tinge of regret over how long it will be until we see Hellboy 3.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Guillermo del Toro says that if Hellboy II: The Golden Army is successful enough to warrant a sequel, he has a plan for a third Hellboy film, and that’s it.
“If there was ever a third one, I would really make sure that we at least sign a contract that there is no more,” del Toro told SciFi. “No prequels and no sequels: nothing. If that happens, then there is a third one we have planned, and the seeds are planted in this film.”
Guillermo’s plan for a third film would involve Hellboy facing off against twenty-first century Nazis.
“It’s not this group of freakies that hide in the sewers, but people that are incredibly rich.”
Looks like del Toro is taking a cue from the original Indiana Jones trilogy. Jones also faces off against the evil Nazis in his first and third adventures. And much like The Golden Army, Temple of Doom took the series in a supernatural direction. But just remember, Lucas and Spielberg also once insisted that Indiana Jones 3 would be the Last Crusade, and here we are years later going to the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull…
art credit: temukense