When Guillermo del Toro said that Charlie Day and Burn Gorman’s scientists were the main characters of Pacific Rim 2, it suggested a drastic shift in focus from the Jaeger pilots who lead the first film, such as the one played by Charlie Hunnam.
Today del Toro was on a Television Critics Association panel for the second season of his FX series The Strain. After the panel I asked del Toro to clarify whether Hunnam would return, and/or take a backseat to Pacific Rim 2 characters played by Day and Gorman. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Given all the support Ron Perlman has given for a potential Hellboy 3, you might be surprised to hear he doesn’t actually want to make it. That’s an unexpected position, since the path of least resistance is to leave it alone and let it never happen. Two studios have already passed on making a sequel, first Columbia and then Universal. Yet Perlman keeps tweeting and rallying Comic-Con support. Find out why Ron Perlman doesn’t want to make Hellboy 3, after the jump
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
For years, Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman have been trying to get Hellboy 3 off the ground. But the hope fans had to see the sequel actually happen was delivered a crushing blow almost a year ago when del Toro said:
“I don’t think it will happen. Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from my side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.”
However, Perlman got our hopes up again earlier this month when he started rallying support for the sequel again on social media. And now he’s hinting that those efforts might have paid off. Read on to find our more about Hellboy 3. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
How did Tom Holland become the new Spider-Man? Is Scott Derrickson ready to shoot Doctor Strange? Who’s taking over the Captain Marvel comic? How has Iron Man‘s suit evolved over the years? Want to see another heartwarming Batkid Begins clip? What do the Fantastic Four have to do with Crush soda? (Actually, we still don’t really have an answer to that last one.) Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
And now, some random sequel-related tidbits to usher you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Sorry, Princess Diaries 3 is not currently in the works
- Vin Diesel says The Last Witch Hunter 2 is happening
- Ron Perlman doesn’t want crowdfunding for Hellboy 3
- Preorder this Jurassic World limited edition gift set
- Revisit Jimmy Fallon‘s Jurassic World cameo
- Red Robin serves up a Terminator: Genisys burger
- Jay Baruchel shares a photo from the Goon sequel set
- Sinister 2 wishes everyone a happy Father’s Day
Read More »
You’ve seen that look at the Batmobile, but do you want to see another? Will there be Wonder Woman toys for Batman v Superman and who is releasing them? Is Will Smith doing his own stunts in Suicide Squad? Which new character may be the Hulk in the comics? Does Jason Momoa approve of James Wan directing Aquaman? What else can you do to help Ron Perlman get Hellboy 3 out there? Did Netflix change the name of AKA Jessica Jones? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Friday, June 5th, 2015 by Angie Han
Ron Perlman has been trying for years to make Hellboy 3 a reality, and even seven years later he isn’t giving up. The actor took to social media to rally fan support for his dream project. This time, he got co-stars Doug Jones, Selma Blair, and Jeffrey Tambor to chime in as well. See the Ron Perlman Hellboy 3 campaign after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 3rd, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits is brought to you by the number 3. After the jump:
- Yes, Ron Perlman still wants a Hellboy 3
- Jennifer Hudson teases Sex and the City 3
- Keegan-Michael Key will go on Vacation
- Simon McBurney chooses to accept M:I5
- Jeremy Renner is cool with Jason Bourne
- Star Trek 3 is headed to Seoul, South Korea
- More Hunger Games Mockingjay pics revealed
- Check out the new poster for (sigh) Tak3n
Read More »