This hasn’t been a terrible week for Guillermo del Toro (Pan’s Labyrinth). A few days ago he had his newest picture, Crimson Peak, warmly received at Fantastic Fest, and, apparently, he’s currently hard at work on another film at the moment. Little is known about project, but we think we have an idea for what this del Toro indie might be. Read more about it after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The “will they or won’t they” question about the creation of a third Hellboy movie is one that continues to come up as writer/director Guillermo del Toro moves through Crimson Peak and into a second Pacific Rim movie. The director hasn’t said anything else that inspires great optimism, and star Ron Perlman now seems to have little personal desire to make the movie.
Or, as Perlman said in a recent interview, “I don’t want to do Hellboy 3. It’s a pain in the ass to put that makeup on and take it off. But I feel we’re obligated to finish the story.” And now thanks to a new interview, we know something about del Toro’s Hellboy 3 story idea that juices up the actor enough that he might just do it, if someone was willing to pay. Read More »
When Guillermo del Toro said that Charlie Day and Burn Gorman’s scientists were the main characters of Pacific Rim 2, it suggested a drastic shift in focus from the Jaeger pilots who lead the first film, such as the one played by Charlie Hunnam.
Today del Toro was on a Television Critics Association panel for the second season of his FX series The Strain. After the panel I asked del Toro to clarify whether Hunnam would return, and/or take a backseat to Pacific Rim 2 characters played by Day and Gorman. Read More »
Given all the support Ron Perlman has given for a potential Hellboy 3, you might be surprised to hear he doesn’t actually want to make it. That’s an unexpected position, since the path of least resistance is to leave it alone and let it never happen. Two studios have already passed on making a sequel, first Columbia and then Universal. Yet Perlman keeps tweeting and rallying Comic-Con support. Find out why Ron Perlman doesn’t want to make Hellboy 3, after the jump
Read More »
Posted on Friday, July 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got a lot of ground to cover today, so let’s get right to it. After the jump:
- Arnie is optimistic about Shane Black‘s Predator sequel.
- Terminator 5 scribes talk James Cameron, time travel, and deleted scenes.
- Samuel L. Jackson is totally up for another Unbreakable movie.
- Quentin Tarantino wants to make a third Kill Bill someday.
- The M:I5 plane stunt was inspired in part by Uncharted.
- Pacific Rim 2 could help get Hellboy 3 made… if it’s a hit.
- Sinister 2 distributes a series of creepy “collector’s cards.”
- Patrick Wilson shares a photo from the Conjuring 2 set.
- Milla Jovovich gets to work on Resident Evil: The Final Chapter.
- Donate to charity for a chance to win a role in Star Trek Beyond.
- LeBron James (jokingly) pitches an idea for Trainwreck 2.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
For years, Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman have been trying to get Hellboy 3 off the ground. But the hope fans had to see the sequel actually happen was delivered a crushing blow almost a year ago when del Toro said:
“I don’t think it will happen. Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from my side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.”
However, Perlman got our hopes up again earlier this month when he started rallying support for the sequel again on social media. And now he’s hinting that those efforts might have paid off. Read on to find our more about Hellboy 3. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
How did Tom Holland become the new Spider-Man? Is Scott Derrickson ready to shoot Doctor Strange? Who’s taking over the Captain Marvel comic? How has Iron Man‘s suit evolved over the years? Want to see another heartwarming Batkid Begins clip? What do the Fantastic Four have to do with Crush soda? (Actually, we still don’t really have an answer to that last one.) Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, June 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
And now, some random sequel-related tidbits to usher you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Sorry, Princess Diaries 3 is not currently in the works
- Vin Diesel says The Last Witch Hunter 2 is happening
- Ron Perlman doesn’t want crowdfunding for Hellboy 3
- Preorder this Jurassic World limited edition gift set
- Revisit Jimmy Fallon‘s Jurassic World cameo
- Red Robin serves up a Terminator: Genisys burger
- Jay Baruchel shares a photo from the Goon sequel set
- Sinister 2 wishes everyone a happy Father’s Day
Read More »
You’ve seen that look at the Batmobile, but do you want to see another? Will there be Wonder Woman toys for Batman v Superman and who is releasing them? Is Will Smith doing his own stunts in Suicide Squad? Which new character may be the Hulk in the comics? Does Jason Momoa approve of James Wan directing Aquaman? What else can you do to help Ron Perlman get Hellboy 3 out there? Did Netflix change the name of AKA Jessica Jones? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »