SyFy has been working to redefine itself somewhat, with movie-inspired series such as 12 Monkeys and Ascension and to, well, varying degrees of success. The channel’s other original series Helix is also redefining itself for the second season. Or the show is changing up a few noticeable things, at least, trading the frigid “lab under ice” setting of the first season for a remote island. Check out the Helix season 2 trailer below for a taste of the new season. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Helix, the new show from Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica) has been previewed in a series of atmospheric and ominous teasers. But it’s the main print ad (above), also seen around LA on giant billboards, that has really caught my attention. (Nothing like staring at an exploding head while you’re stuck in traffic.) Now, with just under a week to go before the show premieres, SyFy has put the first fifteen minutes online, so you can preview the beginning of the show’s disastrous situation in the Arctic. Read More »
Battlestar Galactica revival mastermind Ron Moore has a new sci-fi show coming in 2014. Helix follows a group from the Centers for Disease Control that travels to the Arctic to research the outbreak of a disease. There, they find that things are really much worse and more life-threatening than they thought. The cast is led by Billy Campbell (Once and Again) and Hiroyuki Sanada (Revenge, Lost).
It’s been a couple of months since we posted the first teaser for Helix, but a few new videos showed up this week. In fact, there are quite a few, which tease tone and horror more than specific plot points, and we’ve got them all below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
Battlestar Galactica showrunner Ronald D. Moore is returning to Syfy this winter with another tale of people isolated in inhospitable surroundings, as the threat of the end of all humanity looms over them. The specifics, however, are very different this time around.
Helix follows a group of CDC scientists who journey to the Arctic to look into reports of a disease outbreak at a research facility, and then quickly discover that the problem is much more horrifying than they’d feared. Check out the first real trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Not as many surprises on the Friday schedule for San Diego Comic-Con 2013, but that doesn’t mean it’s not big. Actually, it’s huge.
The second biggest day of the Con will feature a loaded Hall H day including The World’s End, Kick-Ass 2, Riddick, Veronica Mars, RoboCop, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and even two huge TV entries, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead.
But that’s not all. Also on Friday you’ll see The Legend of Korra, Ron Moore‘s Helix, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Drew Struzan, Joss Whedon, Vikings, Roger Rabbit and Metallica. Yes. Metallica.
Check out the full Friday schedule and see our select highlights below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, May 24th, 2013 by Angie Han
Get ready for Arrested Development‘s triumphant return this weekend with these four more clips from the new season. Also after the jump:
- David Fury will return for 24: Live Another Day
- David Slade will direct Ronald Moore’s Helix
- DirecTV’s Full Circle adds Buffy and FNL alums
- CCH Pounder joins Sons of Anarchy
- FX’s The Bridge sets a premiere date
- See new pics from The Killing Season 3
- CBS picks up Bad Teacher for midseason
- Check out trailers for their other new shows
- Netflix “would love” more Arrested Development
- See four more clips from Season 4
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
The Walking Dead ended its third season a couple weeks back, but horror fans looking for their next fix will find that other TV makers are very eager to deliver. Exec producer Eli Roth promises a sexy, gory good time when Hemlock Grove debuts on Netflix next month, while Battlestar Galactica creator Ronald D. Moore is re-teaming with Syfy for the outbreak thriller Helix. Check out new trailers for both after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
Steel yourself for the very end of Fringe with a new trailer and poster. Also after the jump:
- The Killing is officially returning to AMC for a third season
- Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B get pulled from Sundays
- Who noticed that the Twin Towers were missing on The Carrie Diaries?
- Battlestar Galactica‘s Ron Moore is returning to Syfy with Helix
- iTunes will offer Downton Abbey a little early; Maggie Smith will return
- We Bought a Zoo‘s Colin Ford joins Stephen King‘s Under the Dome
- Hannibal casts Aliens star Lance Henriksen in a guest spot
- See the premiere of the Childrens Hospital spinoff Newsreaders
- Nick Offerman fantasizes about the presidency on Axe Cop
- A new video goes behind the scenes of Game of Thrones Season 3
Read More »