Posted on Friday, November 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s not often that Muggles get bragging rights over wizards, but today is one of those rare days. Universal Orlando has just announced that The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now serving hot butterbeer, in addition to their regular offerings of cold and frozen butterbeer.
In contrast, the wizarding world as chronicled in J.K. Rowling‘s original books only offered butterbeer in two forms, cold and hot. Take that, wizards. Hit the jump for details on exactly where to get hot butterbeer. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, November 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Lili Taylor and Barry Pepper join The Scorch Trials
- J.K. Rowling writes a bunch more Harry Potter stories
- Ewan McGregor says Trainspotting 2 will shoot in 2016
- Keanu Reeves hasn’t made a final decision on Bill & Ted 3
- The cast of Magic Mike XXL gathers for a class photo
- See Natasha Lyonne in a Beetlejuice 2 parody
- Enjoy a bunch of new clips from Dumb and Dumber To
Read More »
If you’re a Harry Potter fan, the Harry Potter Studio Tour is London is heaven. Located at Leavesden Studios, on one of the stages where all eight of the films were shot, almost every single prop, set and costume from the series is displayed like you were visiting Hogwarts itself. You can walk through the actual Great Hall where they shot big scenes, look into the Gryffindor common room, and see Hagrid’s cabin, the Dursley home and so much more. I had the good fortune of going last month and was truly blown away. It honestly feels like every single thing that’s in the films is there. However, I was wrong.
On October 14, the Harry Potter Studio Tour is embracing the dark arts. The full set of Malfoy Manor is being installed, giving attendees a glimpse into the sinister set from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. They’re also adding props from Borgin and Burkes and a full replica of the snake Nagini. Below, see the first photos of the Dark Arts expansion of the Harry Potter Studio Tour. Read More »
Harry Potter is a story that’s going to pass through the generations. Like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings before it, J.K. Rowling’s books and movies about a boy wizard destined to save the world have cemented themselves into history. They’re almost our version of cave drawings, which leads us to this new Potter creation.
Artist Lucy Knisley took all seven Harry Potter books – thousands of pages – and boiled it down to one single comic strip. A long comic strip, but a comic strip none the less. It’s pretty excellent. Check out the full Harry Potter comic below. Read More »
Today, Warner Bros. took a machine gun to the movie release calendar and shot flags into 11 dates spread over the next six and a half years. Germain has written about the majority of those dates, which are for big DC Comic book superhero movies. I thought it was important to focus on the other two dates, which are both marked as “Untitled WB Event Film”. But we think we know what these dates might be — more Harry Potter movies. Lets look closer at the possible Fantastic Beasts movies after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, July 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sure, Richard Linklater might be the first to make a coming-of-age movie by shooting a single actor over a twelve-year period. But even as he was shooting his ambitious Boyhood, audiences around the world were breathlessly watching a different boy sprout up, fill out, drop his voice, fall in love, and endure a veritable parade of misguided father figures on the big screen.
That boy of course was Harry Potter, played by Daniel Radcliffe. Over ten years and eight films, we saw him grow from an innocent kid, into a gawky adolescent, and finally into a brave man. (And then into a brave man terrorized by bad old-age makeup, but let’s try to forget about that.) It seems only fitting that he should get his own Boyhood, so here’s the Potterhood parody trailer to help remedy that.
Read More »
CinemaSins continues their film criticism series returning to the Harry Potter film adaptations with Everything Wrong With Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix. After the jump I have rounded up all five of their Everything Wrong With Harry Potter movies videos published thus far for those of you who have missed the prior entries.
Read More »
In today’s edition of theme park bits:
- Exclusive attractions revealed for Universal Japan’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Universal Japan might build a new theme park with a Casino on an island
- Five hour wait times for the new Harry Potter and the Escape From Gringotts ride.
- Dubai Announces “Mall of the World” Project which would include an Indoor Theme Park, 100 Hotels, and more
Read more about it, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
Just because J.K. Rowling returned to Harry Potter doesn’t mean Daniel Radcliffe has any plans to. Also after the jump:
- Olivia Munn and Ken Jeong will tag along for Ride Along 2
- Pirates 5 will go light on the monsters, says Jerry Bruckheimer
- Bad Boys III will have a screenplay in the next few months
- Yes, National Treasure 3 is still in active development
- Jurassic World gets bloody in an intriguing new set photo
- See a new batch of high-res stills from The Purge: Anarchy
- Check out the first stills from SLC Punk 2: Punk’s Dead
- Director Elizabeth Banks teases the plot of Pitch Perfect 2
- Sharknado 2: The Second One releases a ridiculous trailer
Read More »