Lucky for us, Mark Hamill has a lot of other things going on besides returning to Star Wars. It means there’s plenty of opportunities to ask him about Star Wars! The actor recently completed shooting on J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens and gushed about how it made him feel to see such a huge reaction to the first trailer. Now, in yet another interview, Luke Skywalker himself talked about how he did not like growing a beard for the new film but how much he loved playing with the new droid BB-8. And yes, that droid is a practical effect.
He also talked about being hesitant to come back and surprised at Harrison Ford‘s enthusiasm. There are really some great quotes here, so check them out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We loved the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, and have already over analyzed and talked about it at length elsewhere on the site. But as I thought more about the trailer, I realized that the teaser was missing a few key elements that most people would have expected. Note: these are not complaints, only observations. What is Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer missing? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 by Angie Han
You’d think eternal youth and immortality would be gifts, but in TV and movies it’s as often as not a curse. Vampires and mutants alike angst over the unfairness of having to remain young and beautiful while the world spins on. And in The Age of Adaline, Blake Lively joins the pity party.
The Gossip Girl alum plays a 27-year-old woman rendered ageless thanks to a freak accident in the 1930s. As her loved ones start to grow old and die off, she becomes withdrawn — until a handsome man (Michiel Huisman, a.k.a. Daario Naharis v2.0 from Game of Thrones) draws her out of her shell. Ellen Burstyn and Harrison Ford also star. Watch the Age of Adaline trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Despite being as good, if not better, than its previous two incarnations, The Expendables 3 didn’t light a fire at the domestic box office. After the first two films grossed $103 million and $85 million respectively, the third film only did $39 million (Internationally it did a respectable $206 million, but that was still a franchise low).
There are plenty of reasons why The Expendables 3 under-performed, but it certainly wasn’t for lack of star power. Original stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and others were joined by Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Kelsey Grammar, Antonio Banderas and Wesley Snipes as well as a whole team of young soldiers, including Kellen Lutz and Ronda Rousey.
You can see all those stars and more on the Blu-ray, which is released November 25. One example of the extras on the disc are a funny Expendables 3 gag reel, which features Ford and Gibson hamming it up on set, cursing, it’s good stuff. Check out the Expendables 3 gag reel below. Read More »
Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We haven’t really featured many of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos on the site because we try to cover entertainment news and rumors but not celebrity. And I’m sure you’ve seen enough of these ice bucket challenge videos in your social timeline already. The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised nearly $80 million for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) which is amazing. I personally have not done the challenge but have instead donated to the ALS association, and I highly recommend you do the same (and if you have time, learn a bit about the disease). Recently the Star Wars galaxy has been called upon to take the Ice Bucket challenge, which has seen responses from Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Peter Mayhew, new Star Wars Episode VII castmembers Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Star Wars Episode 7director JJ Abrams, as well as future Star Wars series filmmaker Gareth Edwards, and more. Other members of the crew have yet to respond to the challenge. Watch all of the Star Wars ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
There aren’t many things everyone agrees on when it comes to J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. One of those, however, is that Han Solo is the star of the film. Exactly how Harrison Ford‘s iconic scoundrel plays into the story is much more murky, though. Is he a mentor figure to some of the newer characters? Does he lead the adventure on his own? Will he make it to the next film? We’ve heard rumors about all of that and today we’ve got a few more. One has to deal with different looks the character will have in the film, and the second is so crazy, it might just be true. Below, read the latest Han Solo Star Wars 7 rumors. Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII, specifically the filming of it, is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Harrison Ford is off his crutch and shoot resume Star Wars Episode VII filming soon.
- Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley have been filming Star Wars Episode VII on Skellig Michael in Ireland…
- …and we have exclusive images of how the locals are capitalizing on the shoot.
- J.J. Abrams talked about shooting film on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Even though the Expanded Universe is no longer canon, many believe its important.
- Watch the full Star Wars Rebels panel from Comic-Con.
- John Boyega channels a superhero and Daisy Ridley drops a Star Wars selfie.
Read More »