Posted on Tuesday, December 22nd, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Chances are strong that you’ve already seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If the film’s record-breaking international opening is any indication, chances are also strong that you saw it multiple times and are ready to start reading spoiler-filled comments from the people responsible for the film. In other words, this is your first warning to amscray if you haven’t seen the movie yet. Go on. Shoo. Go buy a ticket.
Director and co-writer J.J. Abrams, and his fellow screenwriters, Lawrence Kasdan and Michael Arndt, participated in a Q&A following a screening of the film at the Writer’s Guild of America and they chatted about a whole bunch of stuff. Most notably, they chatted about that one scene where that certain character does something drastic to another character and changes the Star Wars universe forever. If you’ve seen the movie, you know what we’re talking about. Naturally, huge spoilers lurk below and this is your final warning.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, December 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Star Wars: The Force Awakens did a bang-up job of bringing us back to the galaxy far, far away. It did justice to our favorite classic characters while introducing fresh faces to fall in love with, including Rey and Finn and Poe. So now that Lucasfilm has us invested in this whole new generation of heroes and villains, what’s next? Who’s coming back in Episode VIII? (Spoilers for The Force Awakens ahead.) Read More »
It’s been over ten years since George Lucas finished his prequel trilogy, and it’s no secret they left plenty of fans twiddling their thumbs in disappointment. Despite coming from the man behind Star Wars, the prequels didn’t feel like Star Wars movies — they were missing the spirit, emotion and adventure of the original trilogy. All these years later, can J.J. Abrams get this series back on the right track with Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
Well, we’re finally finding out tonight. After the jump, share your thoughts on Star Wars: The Force Awakens in the comments. Please note that spoilers are encouraged in the comments section for this post. If you have not seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we encourage you to return once you have.
Read More »
The Force has awakened, have you felt it? I’m sure many of you have already seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens last night or early this morning, with some of you holding desperately to tickets for screenings this weekend. Good for you. I have now seen the film two times and can tell you its delightfully rewatchable. Also I found the IMAX 3D presentation to be better than normal 2D (there are actually some great moments that take advantage of the 3D). But lets get into todays news and tidbits, which includes the following:
- Early concept art from The Force Awakens shows us characters and places not in the finished film.
- Force Awakens blasts U.S. box office record with $57 million on Thursday night
- 50 Force Awakens Rumors That Turned Out to Be Completely False
- Find out what Harrison Ford said about people who share Star Wars spoilers.
- See Force Awakens movie tickets from around the world.
- See what a Empire-era Stormtrooper look like morphed into a First Order Stormtrooper?
- Find out why Adam Driver doesn’t like his Kylo Ren mask.
- The movie will screen at the White House.
All that and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Even though there seems to be quite a positive response to Star Wars: The Force Awakens after the movie played for the first time everywhere last night, not everyone is happy about the new movie. In fact, some of the bit players from the original and prequel trilogy are a bit pissed off about not being included in The Force Awakens, and they were recently caught venting their frustrations about it at a nearby diner.
See Ron Funches as Lando Calrissian and T.J. Miller as Jango Fett in this little sketch from Conan. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Even people who aren’t Star Wars fans know the iconic fanfare that begins every single movie. The same can be said for the iconic Imperial March used to signify the arrival of the Empire and Darth Vader. And now thanks to The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, his house band The Roots, and the primary cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we have an awesome a capella version of those iconic themes that’s presented like the opening credits of The Brady Bunch, but a hell of a lot cooler. Watch! Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 11th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Would you look at that – Star Wars: The Force Awakens is less than a week away. Try to contain your excitement through this latest edition of Star Wars Bits, which includes:
- J.J. Abrams reveals the most disturbing Star Wars scene.
- Kathleen Kennedy teases Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Harrison Ford does not want to talk about the young Han Solo movie.
- Lawrence Kasdan is happy to talk about the young Han Solo movie.
- A collection of adorable Star Wars Facebook stickers.
- J.J. Abrams discusses his future involvement in the saga.
- James Corden and Chris Hardwick sing a Star Wars Christmas song for some reason.
- And more!
Read More »
The awakening is coming, can you feel it? We are now 7 days away from the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Here is a look at what we’ll be talking about in today’s Force Awakens Bits:
- A look inside the Star Wars writers room.
- J.J. Abrams and Daisy Ridley on whether you should see the film in 3D, 2D or IMAX.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens has already been shortlisted for an Oscar.
- Harrison Ford says Han Solo’s lines in The Force Awakens trailers aren’t what they seem.
- In India, Force Awakens could be upstaged by Bollywood holdovers.
- Learn about Harrison Ford‘s contributions to the script.
- NASA says BB-8 isn’t well designed.
- Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy explains George Lucas‘ involvement with Force Awakens and the future of Star Wars.
All that and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace!
Read More »
With one week to go until the first showings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens begins, it’s time to start showing some restraint until we see the movie. But of course we know there are some of you out there anxious to see every scrap of footage from the sequel that you can, and if that’s what you’re hungry for, then this new The Force Awakens international trailer won’t leave you disappointed. There is a chance that one part of it might make you cringe though. Watch! Or don’t! Read More »