If the new footage in last week’s international trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens simply wasn’t enough, we have some good news. An official The Force Awakens TV spot has just popped up online with several bits of new footage and dialogue not seen in any of the previous trailers.
New footage includes some action shots Rey (Daisy Ridley) and Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), new voiceover from Maz Kanata, the motion-capture character played by Lupita Nyong’o, and new scenes of the aerial battle between the Resistance and the First Order. Check it out! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, November 6th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
You want heartwarming Star Wars stories? We’ve got ’em. You want new posters? We’ve got ’em. You want insane fan theories about how Jar Jar Binks is actually a super villain? We’ve got that too! In this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Director J.J. Abrams helps a dying fan see Star Wars: The Force Awakens early.
- New posters and cardboard standees!
- The latest news from the Star Wars comic book canon.
- Our best look yet at Kylo Ren’s helmet.
- The wacky prequel fan theory that changes everything.
Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we take a look at the following Star Wars: The Force Awakens tidbits:
- Information on how you can buy Kako’s “T-70 X-Wing” print pictured above.
- What attracted John Boyega to the character of Finn and how many lightsabers does he own?
- Watch Daisy Ridley talk about working with the original cast on Force Awakens.
- Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew talks about watching the trailer for the first time.
- John Boyega talks about hearing John Williams‘ “Finn” theme from The Force Awakens.
- Mark Hamill and John Boyega join campaign to let terminally ill fan see Force Awakens early.
- AMC and Cinemark ban masks and lightsabers from screenings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Hear J.J. Abrams‘ story about what happened when he won a bet with Harrison Ford.
- Find out the details of the special Star Wars-focused issue of D23 Magazine.
All that and more. Hit the jump to lightspeed.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 4th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Just when you thought it was safe to take a breath and think about something other than Star Wars: The Force Awakens for a few minutes, a big batch of character posters have arrived. These five posters, depicting Han Solo, Leia Organa, Rey, Finn, and Kylo Ren, may not be as classical as Drew Struzan’s poster or as colorful and eye-popping as the main one-sheet, but they get their point across quite nicely: here are five characters, both new and old, from the new Star Wars movie. Get to know them well. You will be seeing them a lot.
Go ahead and check out the new Star Wars character posters for yourself after the jump.
Read More »
Lord Vader, we only use this facility for Star Wars Bits. You put him in there, it might kill him! Here’s what you’ll find in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- A video tribute to all the Rebel Alliance pilots killed in Star Wars
- How did Robert Englund help Mark Hamill become Luke Skywalker?
- Carrie Fisher‘s advice to The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley
- Neil Patrick Harris and his family got in the Star Wars spirit for Halloween
- Jimmy Kimmel Live gets a special Star Wars episode this month
- Gwendoline Christie talks Captain Phasma
- Harrison Ford talked The Force Awakens dressed as a hot dog
- Disneyland Tokyo gets a special Jakku edition of Star Tours
- Kevin Smith has seen some of The Force Awakens
- See some of the products coming to Season of the Force soon
- The Force Awakens stars reprise roles for Disney Infinity 3.0
- How is Revenge of the Sith the best Star Wars movie ever?
- Peter Mayhew on his time on The Force Awakens set
- Star Wars themed Duracell and Toys R Us commercials.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Ever since Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion, the hype train surrounding the studio’s plans for Star Wars has been nonstop, and last week it went into overdrive with the latest trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. But don’t forget that Lucasfilm has one other franchise that the House of Mouse will keep alive as well: Indiana Jones.
There have been rumblings that Chris Pratt was in the running to play the archaeologist and adventurer in a big screen reboot, which the actor has dismissed as rumor. More recently, director Steven Spielberg said he’s likely going to direct Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford back in the iconic role.
But we know that Ford can’t play the character forever, so what’s going to happen when Disney inevitably plans an Indiana Jones reboot? Who will play Indiana Jones? Well, producer Frank Marshall says the answer is no one. Read More »
During Monday Night Football last night, Disney and Lucasfilm premiered the final trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. If you haven’t already, you can click here to watch the final Force Awakens trailer. Then hit the jump to read our in-depth Force Awakens trailer analysis, where we dig into all the new visuals to try to uncover clues about the film. Read More »
While promoting his new film Bridge of Spies, Steven Spielberg casually mentioned that he will “probably do” an Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford. Although this one-sentence quote isn’t earth-shattering, it does seem to suggest that Spielberg will probably return to direct a fifth Indiana Jones film, and that it won’t be a total reboot, as has been rumored previously.
Read More »
Ridley Scott has been working on the script for Blade Runner 2 for a couple years. It’s a script Scott has said original Blade Runner star Harrison Ford called the best he’s ever had when Scott delivered it to him a while back. While Scott is not directing the sequel to his 1982 science fiction landmark — that duty falls to Denis Villeneuve (Sicario, Enemy) — he is producing and in general overseeing and guiding the movie.
Ridley Scott is out promoting The Martian now, which gives people the opportunity to bring up Blade Runner 2. Speaking about the sequel, Scott insists that part of the story is Rick Deckard, Ford’s original character, owning up to the fact that he is a replicant. The movie also features Ryan Gosling, and Scott suggests that part of the plan now is to hand things off to Gosling for additional sequels. Read More »