There aren’t many things everyone agrees on when it comes to J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII. One of those, however, is that Han Solo is the star of the film. Exactly how Harrison Ford‘s iconic scoundrel plays into the story is much more murky, though. Is he a mentor figure to some of the newer characters? Does he lead the adventure on his own? Will he make it to the next film? We’ve heard rumors about all of that and today we’ve got a few more. One has to deal with different looks the character will have in the film, and the second is so crazy, it might just be true. Below, read the latest Han Solo Star Wars 7 rumors. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Episode VII, specifically the filming of it, is the focus of this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Harrison Ford is off his crutch and shoot resume Star Wars Episode VII filming soon.
- Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley have been filming Star Wars Episode VII on Skellig Michael in Ireland…
- …and we have exclusive images of how the locals are capitalizing on the shoot.
- J.J. Abrams talked about shooting film on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Even though the Expanded Universe is no longer canon, many believe its important.
- Watch the full Star Wars Rebels panel from Comic-Con.
- John Boyega channels a superhero and Daisy Ridley drops a Star Wars selfie.
Read More »
I’m just going to assume that you didn’t download the leak of The Expendables 3, and that if you’re waiting to see the film you can hang on for two more weeks. Here’s one final Expendables 3 trailer to make the wait easier, and this clip has plenty of action from Patrick Hughes’ sequel. Sylvester Stallone returns as the leader of a paramilitary gang, and this time the crew stares down a one-time comrade turned arms dealer played by Mel Gibson. It’s all action, and the roster of stars old and new is so huge that the returning cast members barely fit in the trailer. Read More »
Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to make an official statement on the condition of Harrison Ford. Earlier this month, Ford broke his leg on the set of Star Wars Episode VII and the latest rumors state he might be unable to shoot for six months. That’s a huge chunk of downtime for the man who is rumored to be the lead of the film. In spite of that, we’ve heard Disney is trying to keep the December 18, 2015 release without any changes. That’s all well and good but some kind of change is inevitable as a result of the injury.
The latest rumor comes from New York City tabloid paper the New York Post. They report their “Hollywood sources” suggest the role of Oscar Isaac, whatever that role may be, could be expanded to fill some of Solo’s scenes. Read More »
The rumors about Harrison Ford‘s injury continue to snowball and threaten to delay production Star Wars Episode VII. How are filmmakers dealing with the injury and could it impact the release date? Read about that, and all the items below, in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Several Episode VII action scenes are potentially detailed.
- A rumored premiere date, and details, are leaked for Star Wars Rebels.
- Tom Cruise is rumored to have a role in Star Wars Episode VII.
- David Cronenberg was offered a Star Wars sequel, thirty years ago.
- Star Wars Scene Maker is now available.
Read More »
UPDATE: More sources have confirmed this is not a rumor, as it was initially framed. Changes have been made below to reflect that.
UPDATE 2: Ford’s publicist confirmed to BBC News that Ford didn’t just break his ankle. He broke his left leg.
Word of Harrison Ford‘s ankle injury on the set of Star Wars Episode VII spread very quickly last week. Reactions ranged from blind panic to mellow dismissal as initial reports made it sound like the injury was no big deal. Now, it turns out, that might not be the case.
Multiple sources, including several gossip websites and some UK newspapers, are reporting Ford not only has a badly broken ankle, but a broken left leg, which could sideline him from filming the highly anticipated sequel for up to eight weeks. Read More »
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII is filming and you can see the stars on set, find out about the shoot, read about rumors, buy posters and so much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch Harrison Ford talk about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Young musicians The Healer Twins filmed a small scene in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are filming in the Abu Dhabi desert, watch them travel to set.
- Read a story about how Episode VII ended up in Abu Dhabi.
- You can win some super limited edition Star Wars Episode VII merchandise.
- Speculate about the potential Obi-Wan granddaughter role.
- Drew Struzan addresses the rumors of him doing the Episode VII poster.
- Potential Episode VII characters have been spotted in Iceland.
- Marvel’s Star Wars comics could be coming later this year.
- See new Star Wars posters from Mark Englert and Mark Hamill’s son, Nathan Hamill.
- UCB is hosting The Star Wars Expanded Universe Funeral Celebration.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: