Posted on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Let’s just dive right in. After the jump:
- Enlightened gets canned, CSI gets renewed
- A Once Upon a Time spinoff is in the works
- Fox is developing an O.J. Simpson series
- Is Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno?
- Adam Green‘s Holliston sets a return date
- American Horror Story gets a subtitle
- Sam Raimi will direct the Fox pilot Rake
- Adam Scott could’ve been Jim Halpert
- David Brent returns in The Office Revisited
- Game of Thrones gets a new promo and a GRRM cameo
- Hemlock Grove and Hannibal get twisted new trailers
- HBO reveals a teaser for Phillip Noyce‘s Mary and Martha
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Have you ever flipped your TV to a movie and been delighted it was one of those presentations with facts that pop up on the screen? If so, you might want to know about a new site just launched that provides that sort of presentation all the time.
The site is called Yeah! and is run by AMC Networks, which own AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Films. Basically, the site allows you to stream movies like Scream, Reservoir Dogs, 300, The Terminator, Clerks, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Pulp Fiction, and This is Spinal Tap. Along with each film are 400-500 pieces of new, original context and facts that appear on the screen during the film. Check out a video and read more below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »
What does it take to generate new interest in a property as well-worn as the Hannibal Lecter story sequence from novelist Thomas Harris? For the new TV show Hannibal, in which producer Bryan Fuller charts the early days of the working relationship between FBI profiler Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Lecter, a few things are obvious parts of the approach.
The cast is on. In addition to Dancy there’s the attention-getting choice of Mads Mikkelsen (Pusher, Casino Royale) as Lecter, with the addition of Laurence Fishburne, Gina Torres, Gillian Anderson, Eddie Izzard and Ellen Greene, with Caroline Dhavernas and Lance Henriksen.
And then there’s Fuller’s style, which oozes from this first full trailer. His weird American Gothic approach looks very much like a good fit for this story. We’ve seen the Lecter story told exhaustively on film (in Manhunter, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising, and the Manhunter remake Red Dragon) but visually, at least, this version seems to go in a new direction. And while the story lends itself to the old procedural format that is so familiar from innumerable TV shows, that visual style helps Hannibal stand out.
Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
HBO’s other big spring premiere, Veep, debuts a new teaser today. Also after the jump:
- Gillian Anderson, Ken Jeong, Jorge Garcia, and more land new series
- Lindsay Lohan will woo Charlie Sheen on Anger Management
- Kathy Bates will face down Jessica Lange in American Horror Story
- Ben Stiller returns to Arrested Development; Netflix hopes for more seasons
- TBS hopes to be king of the nerds by renewing King of the Nerds
- Web comic Achewood is being turned into a TV series
- NBC releases a series of character posters for Hannibal
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, February 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
Bryan Fuller‘s Munsters reboot Mockingbird Lane didn’t quite work out as planned, but luckily for his fans NBC has another macabre project from him ready to go.
Hannibal follows Will Graham (Hugh Dancy) and Hannibal Lecter (Mads Mikkelsen) in their early days — back before the FBI profiler knew that the famed psychiatrist was actually a cannibalistic killer. Watch the first trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
Steel yourself for the very end of Fringe with a new trailer and poster. Also after the jump:
- The Killing is officially returning to AMC for a third season
- Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the B get pulled from Sundays
- Who noticed that the Twin Towers were missing on The Carrie Diaries?
- Battlestar Galactica‘s Ron Moore is returning to Syfy with Helix
- iTunes will offer Downton Abbey a little early; Maggie Smith will return
- We Bought a Zoo‘s Colin Ford joins Stephen King‘s Under the Dome
- Hannibal casts Aliens star Lance Henriksen in a guest spot
- See the premiere of the Childrens Hospital spinoff Newsreaders
- Nick Offerman fantasizes about the presidency on Axe Cop
- A new video goes behind the scenes of Game of Thrones Season 3
Read More »
Lots of casting, first looks and more in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump find the following:
- Your first look at Showtime’s new shows Masters of Sex with Lizzy Caplan and Ray Donovan with Liev Schrieber.
- Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon will helm the pilot for the ABC 1980s family comedy How the F Am I Normal?
- Jessica Lange will stay with American Horror Story unless Ryan Murphy “sinks the ship.”
- Meet the season six guest stars of Californication, including Maggie Grace.
- Check out a photo from the final table read of 30 Rock.
- Emmy winner Margo Martindale joins the cast of The Americans.
- Billy Campbell is not returning to The Killing.
- X-Files star Gillian Anderson joins Hannibal.
- Watch the trailer for Doctor Who: The Snowmen, a Christmas special.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, November 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
Norman and Norma Bates’ twisted relationship is the stuff of cinematic legend, but apparently things weren’t always so weird between them. In fact, the first photo from Bates Motel has them looking downright relaxed together. Also after the jump:
- Veep‘s Anna Chlumsky will be an FBI trainee on Hannibal
- The Wire‘s Chad Coleman is The Walking Dead‘s Tyreese
- ABC’s The Mindy Project makes a few casting changes
- Hugh Laurie will be the pirate Blackbeard on Crossbones
- Mark Wahlberg and Fox are developing a pot comedy
- The poster for Revolution‘s fall finale teases a big battle
- Hate-watch the first trailer for Season 2 of NBC’s Smash
Read More »