Posted on Tuesday, January 26th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
There will come a day when the human race doesn’t care about Star Wars. However, that day is long in the distance. That day is beyond our lifespans. You and me and everyone we know will be dust before the cyborgs and algorithms running the nation of Disney crunch the numbers and realize that the citizens of Future Earth are no longer interested in additional Star Wars movies.
So the news that Bob Iger, chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company, has revealed plans to make additional Star Wars movies after the 2019 release date of Star Wars: Episode 9 is a real “Well, duh” moment. What, did you think he spent $4 billion of his company’s money to buy Lucasfilm just to call it a day in a few years? Nope. Star Wars is forever. Star Wars will outlive you puny mortals.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, January 5th, 2016 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Star Wars Bits, your regular source of sweet, nourishing, life-enriching Star Wars news! In today’s edition:
- Lawrence Kasdan teases his Han Solo movie.
- Fascinating work-in-progress Ralph McQuarrie art is revealed.
- Peter Mayhew reveals himself to be one stellar guy.
- Someone printed their own 24-inch Star Destroyer.
- Two Star Wars novels get new release dates.
- Luke Skywalker is on Twitter and he’s very lonely.
- The classic Star Wars movies re-cut into modern movie trailers.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 11th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Would you look at that – Star Wars: The Force Awakens is less than a week away. Try to contain your excitement through this latest edition of Star Wars Bits, which includes:
- J.J. Abrams reveals the most disturbing Star Wars scene.
- Kathleen Kennedy teases Star Wars Episode VIII.
- Harrison Ford does not want to talk about the young Han Solo movie.
- Lawrence Kasdan is happy to talk about the young Han Solo movie.
- A collection of adorable Star Wars Facebook stickers.
- J.J. Abrams discusses his future involvement in the saga.
- James Corden and Chris Hardwick sing a Star Wars Christmas song for some reason.
- And more!
Read More »
Continuing my coverage from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens junket, today I bring you Lucasfilm chief Kathleen Kennedy, who helps to explain how the Star Wars anthology movies (i.e., the “A Star Wars Story” films) will be different from the Star Wars Saga movies. Along the way we might even learn something about the rumored Boba Fett movie. Hit the jump and learn how the Star Wars standalone movies will be different.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 2nd, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Recasting Han Solo for a spin-off movie about the charming scoundrel’s early adventures across the galaxy sounds like such a disastrous folly that of course directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord are involved. Only the directors of 21 Jump Street and The LEGO Movie, guys whose modus operandi seems to be “How do we take this terrible idea and make it glorious?”, could make us feel like this one is going to be totally okay.
But still: how the heck do you recast Han Solo, a character who is built entirely on the specific charms of the great Harrison Ford? Fortunately, Miller, Lord, and Lucasfilm know just how tricky and important this is going to be. If they don’t find the right actor, this whole thing falls apart. And that’s why they’ve already looked at thousands of actors for a movie that doesn’t even begin filming for well over a year.
The hunt for a new Han Solo actor is officially underway and there are all kinds of people, known and unknown, in contention for this potentially career-defining (or derailing) role.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits, we’ll take a look at the following:
- 5 easter eggs you may have missed in the Star Wars: the Force Awakens 360 degree Jakku video.
- Anthony Ingruber was almost cast as Han Solo.
- Find out when you can play the Star Wars Battlefront video game beta.
- Is Disney considering Force Awakens meet and greets at Disneyland?
- Sarah Michelle Gellar will finally reveal details about her role in Star Wars Rebels.
- Promotional Star Wars: the Force Awakens character posters released reminiscent of the Olly Moss original trilogy prints.
- See new images and learn more about the new Chewbacca comic book series.
- A new rumor as to the identity of Max von Sydow’s character in The Force Awakens.
- See more cover art from the Star Wars: Shattered Empire comic books.
- The above web comic strip was created by Matt Rhodes.
All this and more. Hit the jump to hyperspace to begin.
Read More »
Han Solo is coming back to movie screens, and it won’t just be through the return of Harrison Ford to the role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Lucasfilm is also developing a Star Wars Anthology movie focused on a younger Han Solo. And, given that the Star Wars prequels featured a very young, perhaps too-young Anakin Skywalker, we’ve wondered what the story will be for the Han Solo film, and how old he’ll be.
While we still don’t know the story for the film that Phil Lord and Chris Miller (The LEGO Movie, 21 Jump Street) will direct for a 2018 release, we do know that Han will likely be in his late teens or early ’20s in that film. Kathleen Kennedy of Lucasfilm has a lot to say about the spin-off, even at this early stage, and we’ve got her comments, along with talk from co-writer Lawrence Kasdan, below. Read More »
Just one month ago we got word that The LEGO Movie and 21 Jump Street directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller would be at the helm of the second Star Wars Anthology movie coming in 2018, this one focusing on Han Solo, renowned smuggler and captain of the Millennium Falcon. But since then we haven’t heard anything about the project, not even wild rumors.
But that changes today as Chris Miller spoke a little bit about the “huge pressure” of making a Han Solo adventure, let alone a new Star Wars movie, and how they’re grappling with the fact that they’re making a “childhood dream” come true. Find out more about what Chris Miller said about the Han Solo movie after the jump! Read More »
With news surfacing that The LEGO Movie and 21 Jump Street directors Phil Lord & Chris Miller will be at the helm of a new Star Wars Anthology film focusing on a young Han Solo, everyone is wondering just who will play the charismatic smuggler.
Harrison Ford made the role iconic in the original Star Wars trilogy, and he’ll be reprising the role in The Force Awakens. But Ford can’t play a young version of the character without extensive visual effects, so some younger actor is going to have to get in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon. The question is who can pull it off?
We’ve rounded up some possibilities, some likely, some not, and some more preferable than others. Check out our list of 20 Actors Who Should Play Han Solo after the jump! Read More »