Posted on Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
So many sequels, so little time. So let’s get to it. After the jump:
- Channing Tatum isn’t so sure about 23 Jump Street
- Magic Mike XXL could be in 3D (but probably won’t be)
- Adam McKay is still planning to make Step Brothers 2
- Producer Malek Akkad has a Halloween 3 update
- Rumor has it Frank Grillo will lead Skyline 2
- Jason Reitman offers a suggestion for Ghostbusters 3
- See the Lorde-curated soundtrack list for Mockingjay
- Billy Boyd will sing the final Hobbit credit song
- Check out the new banner for Horrible Bosses 2
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who’s up for another El Mariachi movie? Robert Rodriguez and Antonio Banderas definitely are. Also after the jump:
- Could Channing Tatum or Emma Stone be in Dumb and Dumber To?
- Steve Carell hasn’t seen a script yet for Anchorman 2
- Jon M. Chu has things to say about G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Rob Zombie does not have plans for a Halloween 3
- Robert Rodriguez is excited for Machete in Space
- Check out the Into Darkness cover of Star Trek magazine
- … and find out what old charater has resurfaced in Countdown to Darkness
Read More »
Much like the old school VH1 TV show, Gallery 1988 is having the best week ever. Their Melrose location currently has the amazing Return of the Great Showdowns exhibit on the walls and this coming Friday, September 28, their Venice location opens an insanely clever and cool exhibit by popular pop artists Tom Whalen and Dave Perillo.
The show is called Around the World In An ’80s Daze and is comprised of travel posters for locations from famous ’80s films and TV shows. Stuff like The Terminator, Caddyshack, Vacation, A Nightmare on Elm Street or Thundercats. Opening 7 p.m. September 28 at Gallery 1988 Venice, Around the World In An ’80s Daze remains on display through October 20.
While each artist has already revealed a few posters to tease the fans, /Film is proud to debut three new posters each for this super exciting show. Check them out after the jump. Read More »
Conan the Barbarian, The Thing, Poltergeist, The Road Warrior, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Tron, and that’s just the beginning. Yes, the Summer of 1982 was probably the best one in the history of movies and that’s why the Alamo Drafthouse is celebrating with a summer long, 30th anniversary celebration screening a slew of the most exciting films released that year. Plus, there’s now a significant update jumping off last month’s announcement.
Tickets for the first screening, Conan the Barbarian, go on sale Tuesday morning along with a limited number of passes that’ll get you into eight of the screenings. Second, the series has expanded significantly, adding films such as The Dark Crystal, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Vice Squad, The Secret of Nimh, Friday the 13th Part 3, Q: The Winged Serpent, Pink Floyd: The Wall and more. Third, Blade Runner will not be screened (bummer).
And finally, in accordance with the /Film sponsored screening of E.T. The Extra Terrestrial on June 8 (tickets on sale May 25) we’re proud to exclusively debut the Mondo poster for the film by artist Dan McCarthy. Check out the poster, the important links, full lineup and more after the jump. Read More »