Posted on Tuesday, December 16th, 2014 by Angie Han
Last month we got our first look at the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens cast, and last week we got to put some names to some faces as the character names were revealed. But there are still many more characters we haven’t met.
Well, one of those strangers’ names has just been revealed (we think) and rumor has it it’s the one being played by Gwendoline Christie. Hit the jump for more on the new Star Wars The Force Awakens character name. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There’s no end to the amount of rumors and speculation surrounding Star Wars Episode VII. Like, literally no end. The second we read, analyze, and write about one, another two pop up in its place. This is how things are going to go until J.J. Abrams and friends gives us some actual fat to chew on in the form of real information. Who are the actors playing? What’s the most absolutely basic plot description? What’s the title? Any of that would change the conversation immediately.
For now, without any of that, we continue to feed on bits and pieces. Scraps of information presented in digestible form from all over the internet. Today’s example are several rumored scenes and tidbits regarding the reveal of a lightsaber, a new droid and a reference to Empire Strikes Back. To reveal more would be considered a spoiler, so read about the rumored Star Wars Episode 7 spoilers below. Read More »
It was an exciting weekend to be a Star Wars fan. If you missed the fun, don’t fret, we’ve got you covered. Below, read the following:
- Watch the first footage of actual filming on the set of Star Wars Episode VII featuring John Boyega. (Non-spoiler, too!)
- See potential set photos of Adam Driver and Gwendoline Christie on set in very Star Wars-y outfits. (spoilers hidden)
- Is Endor a location in Star Wars Episode VII?
- Disneyland Paris will gets Star Wars upgrade in the coming years.
- WWE wrestler Sheamus settles that Darth Vader rumor.
- Crazy rumors say Daniel Craig, Robert Downey Jr., Samuel L. Jackson and Hugh Jackman are in Episode VII.
- Watch two new Star Wars Rebels TV spots.
- Look at Eric Tan‘s amazing Star Wars Trilogy prints and the above Han Solo piece.
Read More »
The first round of Star Wars casting was a male-centric lineup of talent, with only Carrie Fisher and newcomer Daisy Ridley balancing out the guys. But Star Wars Episode VII has added a few other women to the fold over the past few weeks: Lupita Nyong’o, Christina Chong, Crystal Clarke, and Gwendoline Christie have all signed on.
We don’t know much about the roles played by any of the women other than Fisher, but some really interesting new details have emerged about Gwendoline Christie’s possible role. We’ll keep all the spoilers after the jump, but fans of Christie’s Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth won’t be disappointed. Read More »
We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Those who were upset that the first big wave of Star Wars Episode VII casting did not include more women can breathe a bit easier. Lupita Nyong’o (Non-Stop, and winner of the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones) have just been added to the cast. Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games franchise has no shortage of kick-ass ladies, and now it’s adding another. Gwendoline Christie, best known as Brienne of Tarth on HBO’s Game of Thrones, has just boarded The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. She replaces Lily Rabe in the role of Commander Lyme. Learn more about the last-minute change after the jump.
Read More »