The first round of Star Wars casting was a male-centric lineup of talent, with only Carrie Fisher and newcomer Daisy Ridley balancing out the guys. But Star Wars Episode VII has added a few other women to the fold over the past few weeks: Lupita Nyong’o, Christina Chong, Crystal Clarke, and Gwendoline Christie have all signed on.
We don’t know much about the roles played by any of the women other than Fisher, but some really interesting new details have emerged about Gwendoline Christie’s possible role. We’ll keep all the spoilers after the jump, but fans of Christie’s Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth won’t be disappointed. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »
Those who were upset that the first big wave of Star Wars Episode VII casting did not include more women can breathe a bit easier. Lupita Nyong’o (Non-Stop, and winner of the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for 12 Years a Slave) and Gwendoline Christie (Game of Thrones) have just been added to the cast. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, April 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
The Hunger Games franchise has no shortage of kick-ass ladies, and now it’s adding another. Gwendoline Christie, best known as Brienne of Tarth on HBO’s Game of Thrones, has just boarded The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. She replaces Lily Rabe in the role of Commander Lyme. Learn more about the last-minute change after the jump.
Read More »