Posted on Monday, November 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Pentatonix does Star Wars at the American Music Awards.
- Who’s Simon Pegg playing in The Force Awakens?
- Han and Leia get new Force Awakens banners, too.
- Captain Phasma looks super badass in a new image.
- See a life-size TIE fighter made of Christmas lights.
- Pick up a collectible Star Wars drink topper at Regal.
- Check out Joshua Budich‘s cool Star Wars portraits.
- … and Daz Tibbles‘ vintage-style comic book covers.
- Why it’s okay if Force Awakens doesn’t screen for critics.
- What Force Awakens details were revealed in a kids’ book?
- Google asks users to choose between Light and Dark.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, November 10th, 2015 by Jacob Hall
Welcome back to Star Wars Bits, the regular feature where we bring you all of the Star Wars news you may have missed. With Star Wars: The Force Awakens a little over a month away, we’ve been keeping very, very busy. In this edition:
- New banners show off Rey and Kylo Ren.
- Gina Rodriguez inches toward a role in Star Wars Episode VIII.
- John Boyega tries out some Kylo Ren cosplay.
- Captain Phasma is revealed in toy form.
- Disney theme parks make some new Star Wars announcements.
- Watch every single frame of The Force Awakens footage thus far.
- Take your first look at Max von Sydow‘s mysterious character.
Read More »
Lord Vader, we only use this facility for Star Wars Bits. You put him in there, it might kill him! Here’s what you’ll find in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- A video tribute to all the Rebel Alliance pilots killed in Star Wars
- How did Robert Englund help Mark Hamill become Luke Skywalker?
- Carrie Fisher‘s advice to The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley
- Neil Patrick Harris and his family got in the Star Wars spirit for Halloween
- Jimmy Kimmel Live gets a special Star Wars episode this month
- Gwendoline Christie talks Captain Phasma
- Harrison Ford talked The Force Awakens dressed as a hot dog
- Disneyland Tokyo gets a special Jakku edition of Star Tours
- Kevin Smith has seen some of The Force Awakens
- See some of the products coming to Season of the Force soon
- The Force Awakens stars reprise roles for Disney Infinity 3.0
- How is Revenge of the Sith the best Star Wars movie ever?
- Peter Mayhew on his time on The Force Awakens set
- Star Wars themed Duracell and Toys R Us commercials.
Read More »
The previously released trailer for The Hunger Games: Mockginjay – Part 2 did a little more than hint at a big spoiler for the franchise’s finale, at least for those who haven’t read the young adult franchise on which the movies are based. Thankfully, the latest Mockingjay Part 2 trailer keeps the spoilers to a minimum, and shows off plenty of the action to come in the conclusion of the blockbuster film series. Read More »
Gwendoline Christie plays one of the most mysterious characters in JJ Abrams‘s Star Wars: The Force Awakens — she’s Captain Phasma, the unique stormtrooper commander in the chrome armor and flowing cape. Christie’s presence in the film is intriguing and exciting, and it offers her a chance to further explore some of the same ideas we see in her Game of Thrones character Brienne of Tarth: a woman who is powerful and interesting because of her personality and skills.
Now, Christie is discussing her Star Wars character in a bit more detail. Not giving away story points, mind you, but going into the appeal of the character, and what it means to play a woman in this specific situation. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
We’re hitting peak Star Wars with “Force Friday”, and I’m sure if you’re not excited for Star Wars: The Force Awakens you’re probably getting a bit annoyed of this site and the internet this week. So I apologize in advance, but we have another Star Wars story coming out of “Force Friday.” A new Star Wars: the Force Awakens toy gives us our first listen at what Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma sound like in the new film. Not only that, but the Force Awakens dialogue used in the toys presents some juicy questions.
Read More »
Entertainment Weekly is on a roll with Star Wars coverage from their upcoming Kylo Ren cover issue featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens. One of the many things their coverage has touched upon is the meaning behind the names of the characters in Episode 7. How did Finn, Rey, Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren get their names? What was director JJ Abrams’ inspiration? Is there a greater meaning to the names? Find out after the jump.
Read More »
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
At Comic-Con in San Diego, the panel for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was a nice blend of the new and old. New cast members John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Gwendoline Christie and Domhnall Gleeson were on hand, and classic heroes Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were also present. Their presence made for a fun, exciting panel, even if the footage shown wasn’t exclusive to the convention itself.
But the payoff came when director J.J. Abrams started talking about the music of Star Wars. Upon getting affirmation that the Hall H audience loved the music of Star Wars, Abrams delivered some incredible news. The entire crowd of Hall H, about 6,500 people, would be leaving the convention center to attend a live Star Wars concert.
Find out more about the Star Wars Comic Con concert after the jump! Read More »