Posted on Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Get the latest updates on several sequels that are definitely happening, one that definitely is not, and one more that could really go either way. After the jump:
- Bond 24 gets a polish from Edge of Tomorrow writer
- Seriously, Michael Bay is not directing Transformers 5
- Elijah Wood will not be in the next (and last) Hobbit movie
- Don’t hold your breath for a Titanic sequel, says James Cameron
- Guillermo del Toro says Pacific Rim 2 will have a script by spring
- Bob Odenkirk describes Better Call Saul as “a total drama”
- Noomi Rapace drops some hints about Prometheus 2
- Could there be more Hunger Games movies after Mockingjay?
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, November 9th, 2012 by Angie Han
Guillermo del Toro may not have plans to direct Justice League, but he could be tackling another, more del Toro-y stable of DC heroes. Last week, a report circulated that del Toro was working on Heaven Sent, about team of darker, more supernatural DC Comics characters like John Constantine, Deadman, The Spectre, and Swamp Thing.
With little to go on beyond an anonymous source (who, to be fair, spoke with the usually reliable Latino Review), we had to label it a rumor, as promising as it sounded. But now del Toro himself has stepped up to confirm that he is indeed working on the film. More after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Saturday, July 14th, 2012 by Angie Han
Although the Pacific Rim section of Legendary’s Hall H panel was attended by stars Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day, Rinko Kikuchi, and Ron Perlman, as is usually the case at Comic-Con, director Guillermo del Toro turned out to be the real star of the show.
The filmmaker spilled the beans about his highly anticipated “giant robots vs. giant monsters” film in his typically charming, foul-mouthed manner, including more details on the Kaiju (monsters) and the Jaegers (robots). In addition, we got our first taste of footage from the sci-fi epic. While I’m sorry to report that we don’t have a video embed for you at this point, hit the jump for a description of the footage, plus a rundown of highlights from the panel.
Read More »
Guillermo del Toro will enter pre-production on the two-film big screen adaptation of The Hobbit after Hellboy II: The Golden Army hits theaters in July. Variety reports that Warner Bros has already had “preliminary contact” with three actors from Peter Jackson‘s The Lord of the Rings trilogy about reprising their roles for the upcoming prequels:
- Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn)
- Ian McKellen (Gandalf)
- Andy Serkis (Gollum).
Guillermo promises that he is doing everything in his power to bring all the original team back.
“We will all be involved in the script in some fashion but the exact definition is about a week away,” del Toro told the trades. “I am all for keeping the actors who originated the parts, as much as availability and their willingness will allow.”
Basically, del Toro knows he needs to please the fans, first and foremost. It should be noted that on May 24th, WETA will be hosting a one-hour live online chat with Jackson and del Toro to answer the 20 most asked fan questions/concerns. Smart move.
Serkis lists The Hobbit on his upcoming production calendar on his official website and last month McKellen confirmed to Empire Magazine that he will return.
“Yes, it’s true. I spoke to Guillermo in the very room that Peter Jackson offered me the part, and he confirmed that I would be reprising the role. Obviously, it’s not a part that you turn down; I loved playing Gandalf.”
No word on Ian Holm who played an older Bilbo Baggins in Fellowship, will likely be recast as he is getting too old (76) to play the part.