This one’s too good to hide after the break, so let’s begin this roundup of sequel news with a killer quote from Nicolas Cage. The actor often seems to go off the deep end with respect to movie roles, and one of his crazier ones in recent memory is the Neil LaBute remake of The Wicker Man. There’s no way to sum up the madness of the film; if you haven’t seen it, get that sucker now.
During a recent web chat with Empire, Cage was asked about revisiting old characters, and he said
I would like to hook up with one of the great Japanese filmmakers, like the master that made ‘Ringu,’ and I would like to take ‘The Wicker Man’ to Japan, except this time he’s a ghost.
Hideo Nakata is the director of whom he speaks, and it took me a couple extra seconds to call his name to memory as my mind was busy exploding. Was Cage serious? Hard to tell of late, given the other films he’s been doing. But I would watch that Ringu Man movie, whatever it turned out to be, without thinking twice.
After the break lurks a variety of news about an incredibly disparate collection of films: the theoretical follow-up to Before Sunset; Grown Ups 2; a possible R.I.P.D. sequel, and Riddick. Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 16th, 2012 by Angie Han
Technically, I guess the PG-13 Grown Ups doesn’t really qualify as a kids’ film, so its sequel probably won’t either. But since that movie centered around five grown men acting like children, I’ll say that that this Sequel Bits is all about the young’uns. After the jump:
- Jessica Chastain and Bryan Cranston somehow cram Madagascar 3 into their very, very busy schedules
- Steven Spielberg talks The Adventures of Tintin 2 and 3
- To the surprise of no one, Antonio Banderas would like to do a Puss in Boots 2
- Adam Sandler’s Grown Ups 2 gets a summer 2013 release date
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 7th, 2011 by Angie Han
I’m not indiscriminately against sequels, but for every X-Men: First Class, Kung Fu Panda 2, or Fast Five, there’s a The Hangover Part II, a Transformers: Dark of the Moon, or a Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. And while it’s admittedly unfair to jump to conclusions about movies before they’ve even entered production, the sequels we’re talking about today aren’t exactly at the top of my most-anticipated list. After the jump, read about:
- Grown Ups 2, the follow-up to last year’s Happy Madison comedy
- The Lincoln Lawyer 2 — and yes, that’s in addition to the upcoming TV series also based on the same source material
- Journey 3, a sequel to next February’s Journey 2
- and The Birdcage 2, fifteen years after the first Birdcage
Read More »