Everything is connected in the new Star Wars universe. The TV shows, movies, and books, all tell one cohesive story. That’s part of the way Lucasfilm and Disney are now doing business in a galaxy far, far away and a brand new endeavor spotlighting that singular story was just announced.
Next year, Marvel will release a comic series called Star Wars – Kanan: The Last Padawan. Kanan is one of the stars of Star Wars Rebels. He’s voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. and is the lone Jedi on the crew. However, in a time where all Jedi are being hunted down and murdered, that’s not exactly a great thing to be. This comic will tell how he got to that point.
Star Wars – Kanan: The Last Padawan hits shelves in April. Below, see the cover of the first episode and read more from writer and Star Wars Rebels executive producer Greg Weisman. Read More »
The animated series Star Wars Rebels premieres on the Disney Channel tonight (at 9 ET/PT) and will then bounce to Mondays on Disney XD, beginning October 13. The show is set in the period between episodes three and four — so between Revenge of the Sith and the original Star Wars — and features some original trilogy vibe as it tracks the rise of the Rebellion.
It sounds like we’ll see (or at least hear) the return of Darth Vader in the show — something that has been hinted at and rumored for months. And it seems as if James Earl Jones will be back to voice him. Below, check out that info, along with all these Rebels bits.
- The official Star Wars site has an interview with producer Simon Kinberg.
- Dave Filoni and Joel Aron talk about lightsabers in Rebels.
- See a Rebels clip featuring Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla and some creatures.
- Another clip features a lightsaber duel involving the Inquisitor.
- Watch Rebels red carpet interviews with the cast and crew.
- Exec producer Greg Weisman will leave Rebels after the first season.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
Darth Vader signs up for Instagram, and posts his very first selfie. Also after the jump:
- Michael B. Jordan addresses those Episode VII rumors
- Katee Sachkoff teases big news, but it’s not Star Wars related
- David Prowse would like to see Darth Vader resurrected
- The Star Wars Identities exhibit will head to Paris next year
- Han Solo’s DL-44 blaster is going up for auction this month
- Is EA Vancouver working on an open-world Star Wars game?
- Why has Disneyland‘s Star Wars land really been delayed?
- Check out a behind-the-scenes video from Star Wars: Rebels
- Take a peek at the new Star Wars art available on Acme Direct
Read More »