Oscar Isaac continues to offer up awesome stories from The Force Awakens. Below, read about those as well as these interesting Star Wars Bits.
- Oscar Isaac talks flying an X-Wing, practical effects and more in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- New details surface about Andy Serkis‘ Force Awakens‘ character.
- Serkis was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the trailer.
- iTunes may have mistakenly identified the hooded figure in The Force Awakens trailer.
- Joel Edgerton will bet you $50 he knows the identity of the same character.
- In 2008, George Lucas said there would never be a Sequel Trilogy
- Learn how to 3D print your own triple lightsaber.
- Marvel’s Star Wars #1 is going to set some sales records, plus see the best variant cover yet.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The opening crawl from Star Wars is familiar to most of our readers by now — even the people who don’t know it by heart would recognize the text immediately. But that crawl, like any other part of a film, took some editing and whittling to knock into final shape. Brian De Palma helped George Lucas trim down the opening crawl after seeing a rough cut of the original film. Now the text of the first draft crawl has been revealed, thanks to a draft of the script from the film’s script supervisor Anne Skinner. Read More »
Lucasfilm is getting into the CG animation game, and the company’s first film, directed by Gary Rydstrom (Lifted, Toy Story‘s Hawaiian Vacation) from a story by George Lucas, is a musical inspired by A Midsummer Night’s Dream and (if the tunes are anything to go by) the teen culture of the ’50s and ’60s. The film is Strange Magic, and it features a few other influences too, as the first footage shows. Check out the Strange Magic trailer below.
Read More »
Two of the actresses in Star Wars Episode VII are in the news, as is Star Wars Rebels, George Lucas and more. Read about all this in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Lupita Nyong’o posted an image of herself in the Star Wars Episode VII crew hat.
- Actress Christina Chong has finished filming Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch two featurettes about Star Wars Rebels featuring new footage and making of information.
- Alex Ross reveals a variant cover of the new Marvel Comics Star Wars #1.
- George Lucas has some harsh words for the Hollywood studio system.
- Star Wars Episode VII made Abu Dhabi a hot filming spot.
- German TV is getting an all Star Wars TV station in December.
Read More »
Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: The first part of the podcast was published yesterday, which is what we originally reported on. The second part of the conversation is now online, and I have updated the bottom of this story with additional information including Episode VIII shooting schedule, the process of writing the script and shooting location. The original post from September 18th 2014 follows, followed by an BOLDED marked update with the additional information.
Rian Johnson talked a bit about the creative freedom he has been given working on Star Wars Episode VIII (and IX?) while talking to fellow filmmaker Terry Gilliam on the TalkHouse podcast. Find out what Johnson said about writing the next installment of the Star Wars franchise, what it’s like to be working in someone else’s world, the obligation to bring Yoda and puppets back to the series, and an idea to have Gilliam have a cameo which might reveal a possible character in the upcoming eighth film. All this and more can be read and heard in the Rian Johnson Terry Gilliam Star Wars discussion, after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
By now, Star Wars fans have had plenty of chances to see the 2010 documentary The People vs. George Lucas. Directed by Alexandre O. Philippe, the doc examined the relationship – or lack thereof – between fans and Star Wars creator George Lucas. Filming a few years after the disappointment of the Star Wars prequels, Philippe talked to fans and celebrities about the anticipation for and legacy of those films. The main argument was between how much those films were a result of fan anticipation versus Lucas’ desire to write them, then whether Lucas should or could have listened more to the fans when making them.
Fast-forward a few years and a lot has changed. George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney and his beloved Star Wars franchise is continuing without him, helmed by some of those very fans who watched the prequels from the audience. Seems like the perfect time to come back to the subject and that’s exactly what’s happening. Producers just annoucned the production of The People vs. George Lucas Episode II, tentatively scheduled for release December 2015, right in time for Star Wars Episode VII. Read More »
Lots of cool stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Lots of Episode VII, of course, but also some cool Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher quotes, new merchandise and even a George Lucas cameo. Below, read about the following.
- Paparazzi spotted an interesting trio of Star Wars Episode VII principals on the street.
- George Lucas doesn’t seem worried about the leaked set photos.
- Check out the first Star Wars Hot Wheels toy.
- Watch a full, 45 minute interview with Mark Hamill at Star Wars Weekends at Disney World.
- Billy Dee Williams confirms he has contributed to Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch a new video about the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Potential details of multiple Star Wars Episode VII sets are revealed.
- See John Boyega in the Star Wars makeup chair.
Read More »
The latest issue of Entertainment Weekly has a great article about the Star Wars Episode VII casting news. In the article, “sources with direct information about the project who spoke on condition of anonymity” confirmed a bunch of behind the scenes tidbits we’d long since begun to take as fact. Primary among those is that Harrison Ford‘s Han Solo is considered a “co-lead” of the film, along with “three of the younger actors.” Which of the three? We still don’t know.
EW also confirmed casting is still ongoing, the main cast members have been attached for a while, re-writing Michael Arndt‘s script delayed production and more. Read the break down below. Read More »