Many months ago we saw a rough quality teaser trailer for Casa de mi Padre, the Spanish-language comedy starring Will Ferrell, Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna. Now, with US distribution set via the small label Pantelion Films, we’ve got a much better quality teaser that will give you the basic setup of the movie. Check it out below. Read More »
Find it hard to keep up with what films are casting and which actors and actress are doing what? You’re not the only one. It’s all but impossible to keep up with everything, which is why we bring you Casting Bits. Today we’ve got a bunch of big names in smaller movies, a few studio productions sprinkled in and then a couple we missed in recent days. After the jump read about:
- Miley Cyrus cast as Adam Sandler’s daughter in Hotel Transylvania
- Rufus Sewell is confirmed to join Paradise Lost, as Lucifer’s buddy Samael
- Clive Owen is an NSA agent in Recall, written by Paul Schrader
- Elizabethtown co-stars Kirsten Dunst and Orlando Bloom team up again in Cities
- Genesis Rodriguez is an FBI agent in The Last Stand
- Comedians Tracy Morgan and Eddie Griffin are reportedly battling to play the Ol’ Dirty Bastard in a coming biopic
- Alona Tal and Natalie Martinez will star alongside Mark Wahlberg in Albert Hughes’ Broken City
Read More »
Last year, Will Ferrell shot a Spanish-language comedy called Casa de mi Padre, with co-stars Gael Garcia Bernal and Diego Luna. The movie seems to be both a loving ode to and a send-up of classic Mexican telenovellas. A trailer appeared in April and was taken down not long afterward, but we haven’t heard much at all about the film since then.
Now a small label, Pantelion Films, has picked up US distribution rights to Casa de mi Padre and will have the movie in theaters on March 16, 2012. Read More »
We’ll have to say this every time one of two films comes up for the next few months. Don’t get Man on a Ledge, the trailer for which you’ll find below, confused with The Ledge, the trailer for which we saw some time ago.
Man on a Ledge stars Sam Worthington as a man pushed to the breaking point when he is tagged as the perpetrator of a crime. Elizabeth Banks is the negotiator who tries to prevent him from taking his last step, and Jamie Bell and Ed Harris are involved in the story, too. But is it all cover for a heist of some sort? That’s how it seems, while Elizabeth Banks doesn’t seem smartly cast as the negotiator, I’m eager to see Jamie Bell doing a little criminal activity. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Here’s a massive post-weekend catchup casting roundup, with a headlining turn from Jean-Claude van Damme. How can you resist the Muscles From Brussels? Answer: you can’t. Just give in to his suave, over-confident appeal. After the break you’ll find details about:
- JCVD taking part in a sci-fi film called UFO,
- Danny Glover joining the cast of a different sci-fi thriller, Mentryville,
- Sullivan Stapleton becoming the latest member of the Gangster Squad,
- Nico Tortorella from Scream 4 joining Guy Pearce and Amy Ryan in an indie,
- and What to Expect When You’re Expecting adds more.
Read More »
And the first photo from Man on a Ledge, which just began shooting with Sam Worthington starring as the titular character, shows…Sam Worthington on a ledge. How appropriate. Ed Harris has joined the cast, too, which makes this talent lineup a bit more interesting. More info on Asger Leth‘s in-progress film after the break. Read More »