Posted on Friday, March 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
The theme of the newest The Raid 2 trailer might well be that old schoolyard maxim: “Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.” There’s no dialogue, just a percussive score, lots of shouts, and the glorious sounds of breaking glass and crunching bone. Check it out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Hiccup and Toothless are as cute as ever. A new batch of adorable How to Train Your Dragon 2 images is proof of that. Also after the jump:
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video for Alien: Isolation
- Legendary is “open” to a Pacific Rim sequel
- Universal schedules Ride Along for January 2016
- Here’s how The Raid 3 connects to The Raid 2
- Could HBO’s Girls make the leap to the big screen?
- Is Matthew McConaughey avoiding Magic Mike 2?
- Mike Bassett: England Manager is getting sequelized.
- There’s a Silence of the Lambs spinoff coming, sorta-kinda.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Whether you like family-friendly animated adventures or hard-R action thrillers, someone out there is trying to make a sequel for you. After the jump:
- Kristen Bell would do Frozen 2 “in a heartbeat”
- Sullivan Stapleton really wants there to be another 300
- Jean Claude Van Damme would like to be in Expendables 4
- The Raid 3 won’t get going “for a couple of years”
- Fast & Furious 7 is heading to Abu Dhabi to shoot
- Leigh Whannell doesn’t know anything about Saw 8
- … but does have a few details to share about Insidious 3
- Transformers 4 reveals a bunch of (human) character posters
- The GNN staff goes wild in a deleted scene from Anchorman 2
Read More »
This Raid 2 featurette is 10 minutes of awesome. Just like Gareth Evans‘ action epic is longer than average (148 minutes), this behind the scenes video mimics that size and scope. It has a nice chunk of footage and insight into how the filmmaking team made one of the best action movies, well, ever.
Also, the featurette gives a better idea of the plot of The Raid 2, which involves Rama (Iko Uwais) going undercover to infiltrate the ultimate bad guys behind the first Raid. It’s a must watch for anyone anticipating one of the most badass, jaw-dropping, violent and exciting action films you’ll ever see. Check out The Raid 2 featurette below. Read More »
The Raid 2 is one of the best action films ever made. If you live in Los Angeles, you can see it for free next week. /Film is teaming up with Collider to give away 15 pairs of tickets to a special advanced screening of the film March 13 in Hollywood. As a bonus, writer/director Gareth Evans will follow the presentation of his bad-ass action epic with a Q&A. Below, find out how you can get tickets. Read More »
Briefly: Sure, you could say that Dredd already remade The Raid, but those two films were concurrent, really. There is a legit remake of Gareth Evans’ The Raid coming, however, and now we know who’ll probably call the shots. Patrick Hughes, who went from the Austalian thriller Red Hill to the director’s chair of The Expendables 3, is in talks to oversee the Raid remake.
The Wrap reports the talks to make the film, which has Evans producing and a script from Brad Inglesby (Out of the Furnace). No casting is announced for the film that will feature a SWAT team launching an assault on a criminal-controlled apartment block, but Chris and Liam Hemsworth are mentioned as wish list choices, and Shia LaBeouf’s name has come up in conjunction with the film, too. Once the director’s deal is set, we’ll likely start to hear legit casting choices.
If you’re waiting to see more of The Raid 2: Berandal before it opens in March, the new mosaic poster for the film, designed for the film’s Indonesian release, has a lot of info pulled together into one image. Check out the full one-sheet below. Read More »
The world premiere screening of Gareth Evans‘ highly anticipated sequel, The Raid 2, just finished at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival and the response was electric. We’ll have a review and video blog soon but, for now, we’ve compiled a bunch of tweets from movie bloggers and filmmakers alike to give you an idea of what you can expect when the film hits on March 28. Here are two to get the ball rolling:
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
The marketing campaign for Gareth Evans‘ The Raid 2 is off to a damn good start. The first teaser was light on plot but heavy on thrills, and the Indonesian trailer was a violent good time. Then there’s the fact that the first movie was pretty damn great, which really is the best advertisement of all for the sequel.
The new full-length trailer doesn’t disappoint, either. The follow-up picks back up with Iko Uwais‘ Rama, who’s now going undercover to protect his family and expose the bad guys. Naturally, this latest endeavor provides plentiful opportunities for both sides to kick, punch, shoot, stab, and beat the hell out of each other, in glorious fashion. Watch the video after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s cold and icy and generally miserable outside right now in most of the U.S., which means now is the perfect time to pour yourself a cup of tea, bundle up in a cozy blanket, and dive into Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Raid 3 will pick up before The Raid 2 leaves off
- Friday 4 is stuck in development hell, says Ice Cube
- Jennifer Saunders is working on the Ab Fab movie
- Who’s making a surprise cameo in 22 Jump Street?
- The hero and the villain of Jack Ryan get posters
- Bad Grandpa gets a red-band trailer for the DVD
- Watch (or rewatch) the first ten minutes of Riddick
Read More »