FX has landed some major comedic star power for a bunch of new pilots. Billy Crystal has a show called The Comedian, Tracy Morgan has a show called Death Pact, Denis Leary has a show called Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll and that’s not the half of it.
There are 12 new pilots in total and the two most exciting might be a new show created by and starring Zach Galifianakis, which will be co-produced and co-written by Louis C.K. It’s the first show in C.K.’s new deal. Then, Oscar-winning writer Charlie Kaufman‘s new show How and Why has cast John Hawkes and Michael Cera in key roles. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Gone are the days of being able to watch The Simpsons in syndication every single evening. The show has been on the air for so long (25 seasons) that many of the original syndications deals have sputtered out. Cable TV companies saw that as an opening and, in recent months, a bidding war began for the rights to air the classic cartoon. A winner has now emerged, but it wasn’t cheap.
FXX, the Fox-owned spin-off channel of FX, will end up paying about $750 million for the rights to air The Simpsons in syndication on their network over the next ten years. The deal also includes the ability to make all seasons available on demand on their soon-to-launch VOD app, FXNow. Read More »
Yes, even more TV Bits today. Lots of FX info, including returning shows, return dates for The Killing and True Blood, here’s what you’ll find below:
- FX will launch a few channel called FXX, featuring the new seasons of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The League and Legit, all of which have been renewed.
- One of my favorite shows, Toy Hunter, returns for season two on April 10.
- TNT orders a new show called Nashville Confidential.
- The Killing gets a third season trailer and premiere date.
- True Blood returns to HBO in June without Alan Ball.
- Read the full list of shows Bravo has returning and developing.
- Conquistadors, about the fall of the Incan Empire, could appear on FX.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: