Posted on Monday, March 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
Frozen isn’t just a big fat hit for Disney. It’s one of the biggest, fattest hits that ever hitted. As of this weekend, the icy adventure has become the single highest grossing animated film of all time, beating out 2010′s Toy Story 3. Hit the jump to find out just how much money Anna and Elsa have raked in for the Mouse House.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
From Fast and Furious to Frozen, this edition of Theme Park Bits is packed with goodness. There are ride videos, new worlds, and juicy rumors. Below, read about the following:
- Disney announced a full Pirates of the Caribbean land for Shanghai Disneyland, including a brand new attraction.
- Universal trademarks Fast and Furious: Supercharged for a possible ride.
- Video and details revealed of the new, working Hogwarts Express at Universal Studios Orlando.
- Could Star Wars Land end up at Disney’s California Adventure?
- A logo for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is revealed along with new details and images.
- See Michael Giacchino scoring the Ratatouille ride.
- Universal is building a new theme park in Beijing.
- Check out a video of the new Disneyland Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- You can get a Fastpass to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Watch a behind the scenes video of the audio hub at Disney’s California Adventure.
Read More »
There’s no more unrelated group of films than Disney’s Frozen, David O. Russell’s American Hustle, and Akira Kurosawa’s The Hidden Fortress. But all three hit Blu-ray this week and Mondo is tying them together in another way by announcing posters for all three at the same time. Below, check out Tom Whalen‘s Frozen, Matt Taylor‘s American Hustle, and The Hidden Fortress by Vania Zouravliov. Read More »
As usual, it’s hard to argue with the Frozen Honest Trailer. The team from Screen Junkies has taken the year’s biggest animated film, a multiple Oscar-winner, and expertly, hilariously dissected it. They point out some really funny parallels, the flaws in the songs, and how Frozen is more a Pixar movie than several new Pixar movies and much more. It’s not going to make you like Frozen any less, but, it might make you question some of the choices in the film. Check out the funny video below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Whether you like family-friendly animated adventures or hard-R action thrillers, someone out there is trying to make a sequel for you. After the jump:
- Kristen Bell would do Frozen 2 “in a heartbeat”
- Sullivan Stapleton really wants there to be another 300
- Jean Claude Van Damme would like to be in Expendables 4
- The Raid 3 won’t get going “for a couple of years”
- Fast & Furious 7 is heading to Abu Dhabi to shoot
- Leigh Whannell doesn’t know anything about Saw 8
- … but does have a few details to share about Insidious 3
- Transformers 4 reveals a bunch of (human) character posters
- The GNN staff goes wild in a deleted scene from Anchorman 2
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 by Angie Han
Did Disney’s Frozen inspire you to ditch your opposite-sex partner so you could take up with same-sex lovers and randy animals? Yeah, me neither. But at least a few conservatives are worried that it’ll encourage little kids to do just that.
Pastor and Generations Radio host Kevin Swanson and his co-host Steve Vaughn are taking the hit animated adventure to task for pushing a “progressive,” pro-gay, pro-bestiality agenda. “Friends, this is evil, just evil,” declared Swanson.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 by Angie Han
Though the Oscars featured plenty of product placement (hey there, Samsung), they didn’t spend much time dwelling on the art of product placement in movies. But the marketing-minded folks at Brandchannel have, and now they’ve released their 2014 Product Placement Awards.
By their metric, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues and Pain & Gain were among the top movies of the year, while The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was a particular low point. If nothing else, the list is worth checking out because it’s probably the only best-of list to include both Philomena and The Smurfs 2. Dig into their results after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Idina Menzel‘s Oscar performance of Let It Go was overshadowed by John Travolta’s “Adele Dazeem” mishap, but she hass quickly refocused attention on the song. The star of Frozen appeared on The Tonight Show to perform the popular ‘Let it Go’ with Jimmy Fallon. Better yet, they did it as one of Fallon’s signature bits. He occasionally adapts songs with his house band, The Roots, playing children’s instruments such as xylophones, triangles, tiny keyboards and more. That’s what happened last night. Check it out below. Read More »