Everyone in Hollywood loves sequels. Except Disney Animation. While their partners at Pixar have had no trouble coming up with worthy follow-ups to some of their biggest films, most all of the classic Disney animated films never got theatrical sequels. Even with that fact stated, it’s still a bit of a surprise to hear Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn admit the company hasn’t even begun to think about a sequel to their biggest animated film of all time, Frozen. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, April 17th, 2014 by David Chen
What do you get when you combine a hit song from the highest grossing animated film of all time with one of the most insanely popular TV shows of all time? A “Let It Go” mashup for the ages, of course.
My Cast of Kings co-host Joanna Robinson approached me to put together a music video of “Let It Go”, but using some fun Game of Thrones inspired lyrics performed by her talented friend Gail. Check out the results after the jump, and subscribe to A Cast of Kings to get your regular Game of Thrones podcast fix.
Read More »
When it was first released, no one would have guessed Frozen would become the highest grossing animated film ever. Sure the reviews were solid and the music wonderful, but to some, it felt a tad off. The whole idea of Elsa “letting go” after being locked away like an animal gave the film a slightly off-putting feeling. At least to me.
If you don’t know what I mean, the team at How It Should Have Ended say it better than I ever could. They’ve created their latest video based on the hit film and it hilariously raises some big questions about the parents of Anna and Elsa. There might even be a cameo from a certain popular Marvel Comics series in there.
Below, watch How Frozen Should Have Ended. Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 31st, 2014 by Angie Han
Frozen isn’t just a big fat hit for Disney. It’s one of the biggest, fattest hits that ever hitted. As of this weekend, the icy adventure has become the single highest grossing animated film of all time, beating out 2010′s Toy Story 3. Hit the jump to find out just how much money Anna and Elsa have raked in for the Mouse House.
Read More »
From Fast and Furious to Frozen, this edition of Theme Park Bits is packed with goodness. There are ride videos, new worlds, and juicy rumors. Below, read about the following:
- Disney announced a full Pirates of the Caribbean land for Shanghai Disneyland, including a brand new attraction.
- Universal trademarks Fast and Furious: Supercharged for a possible ride.
- Video and details revealed of the new, working Hogwarts Express at Universal Studios Orlando.
- Could Star Wars Land end up at Disney’s California Adventure?
- A logo for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is revealed along with new details and images.
- See Michael Giacchino scoring the Ratatouille ride.
- Universal is building a new theme park in Beijing.
- Check out a video of the new Disneyland Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.
- You can get a Fastpass to meet Anna and Elsa from Frozen.
- Watch a behind the scenes video of the audio hub at Disney’s California Adventure.
Read More »
There’s no more unrelated group of films than Disney’s Frozen, David O. Russell’s American Hustle, and Akira Kurosawa’s The Hidden Fortress. But all three hit Blu-ray this week and Mondo is tying them together in another way by announcing posters for all three at the same time. Below, check out Tom Whalen‘s Frozen, Matt Taylor‘s American Hustle, and The Hidden Fortress by Vania Zouravliov. Read More »
As usual, it’s hard to argue with the Frozen Honest Trailer. The team from Screen Junkies has taken the year’s biggest animated film, a multiple Oscar-winner, and expertly, hilariously dissected it. They point out some really funny parallels, the flaws in the songs, and how Frozen is more a Pixar movie than several new Pixar movies and much more. It’s not going to make you like Frozen any less, but, it might make you question some of the choices in the film. Check out the funny video below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Angie Han
Whether you like family-friendly animated adventures or hard-R action thrillers, someone out there is trying to make a sequel for you. After the jump:
- Kristen Bell would do Frozen 2 “in a heartbeat”
- Sullivan Stapleton really wants there to be another 300
- Jean Claude Van Damme would like to be in Expendables 4
- The Raid 3 won’t get going “for a couple of years”
- Fast & Furious 7 is heading to Abu Dhabi to shoot
- Leigh Whannell doesn’t know anything about Saw 8
- … but does have a few details to share about Insidious 3
- Transformers 4 reveals a bunch of (human) character posters
- The GNN staff goes wild in a deleted scene from Anchorman 2
Read More »