Posted on Thursday, July 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got more sequel bits than you can shake a stick at. After the jump:
- Syfy’s Lavalantula sequel gets a brilliantly bad title
- Kung Pow 2 is happening, says director Steve Oedekerk
- The Transporter Refueled drives into IMAX theaters this fall
- Ride Along 2 gets a PG-13 rating from the MPAA
- Neighbors 2 and Sinister 2 get release date changes
- Simon Pegg has an issue with the Mission: Impossible marketing
- Tom Cruise is adamant Top Gun 2 won’t be filled with CG jets
- Chris McQuarrie explains why he’s not doing Jack Reacher 2
- Josh Gad gives a (jokey) tease about the Frozen 2 plot
- Charlie Hunnam hopes Pacific Rim 2 is more character-driven
- Idris Elba will be “interesting” and “complex” in Star Trek 3
- Hotel Transylvania 2 unveils a new travel promo
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
We’ve got set photos, release dates and cast announcements. Lots of good stuff in this edition of Sequel Bits. Below, read about the following:
- It Follows star Maika Monroe joins Independence Day 2.
- Michael Bay posts images of several vehicles from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2.
- Josh Gad explains how John Lasseter told him about Frozen 2.
- Kevin Smith talks the number of characters and influences for Mallrats 2.
- Kung Fu Panda 3 has been moved up two months.
- Keanu Reeves says Bill and Ted 3 is closer than ever.
- Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday is on Instagram.
- See Penelope Cruz in Zoolander 2.
- The Super Troopers 2 IndieGoGo campaign has ended.
Read More »
The same Disney shareholder’s call that brought us news of a proper Star Wars sequel release date and the title of the first spin-off has also delivered on the Disney Animation front. Frozen 2 was announced during the call, with Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee returning to develop the film, and Josh Gad confirmed to reprise the role of Olaf. Read More »
Frozen, Disney’s biggest hit of all time, is getting a bunch of follow ups. It’s been reimagined on Once Upon a Time. It’ll get an eventual Broadway adaptation. And next weekend, you can see the characters in a brand new short film, Frozen Fever. That short was directed by Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, who also helmed the feature. In a new interview they admit while they’ve continually read online rumors about a feature film sequel Frozen 2, that’s not actually a thing just yet. Read the exact Frozen 2 movie quotes below. Read More »
Posted on Monday, December 1st, 2014 by Angie Han
Disney has so far resisted the temptation to make a Frozen sequel — quite a feat, really, considering the icy adventure is the highest-grossing animated movie of all time. But it seems they may only be able to hold out for so long.
Idina Menzel, who voiced Elsa, has stated that a Frozen 2 is “in the works” and that she hopes to return. Read the Idina Menzel Frozen sequel comments after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Angie Han
This Sequel Bits covers everything from the family-friendly sweetness of How to Train Your Dragon 2 to the gritty, grown-up delights of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For. After the jump:
- CBS isn’t interested in How I Met Your Dad
- Wesley Snipes is game for White Men Can’t Jump 2
- Kristen Bell would absolutely do another Frozen
- Octavia Spencer gets on board for Insurgent
- Bond 24 will feature a Scandinavian Bond girl
- Grimlock gets a Transformers: Age of Extinction banner
- Get a taste of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For in GIF form
- Watch another cute clip from How to Train Your Dragon 2
Read More »
Everyone in Hollywood loves sequels. Except Disney Animation. While their partners at Pixar have had no trouble coming up with worthy follow-ups to some of their biggest films, most all of the classic Disney animated films never got theatrical sequels. Even with that fact stated, it’s still a bit of a surprise to hear Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn admit the company hasn’t even begun to think about a sequel to their biggest animated film of all time, Frozen. Read More »