One of the most anticipated panels at San Diego Comic-Con 2012 was one celebrating the 10-year anniversary of Joss Whedon‘s cult TV show Firefly. The panel featured the show’s writer/creator along with Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, and the rest of the Serenity crew talking about what the show has meant to them, and to a legion of Browncoat fans, over the past decade.
The panel was one of the most difficult to get into at the entire Con and was so emotional, it made Whedon cry. Now you can watch the entire thing online. Check it out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Friday, July 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
There’s a ton of TV tidbits to plow through today, some of it Con-related and some of it not. After the jump:
- Breaking Bad‘s Vince Gilligan suggests a Saul Goodman spinoff
- Nickelodeon orders a second season of The Legend of Korra
- TNT picks up Falling Skies for a third season
- Science Channel will shoot a Firefly reunion special at Comic-Con
- Homeland‘s second season will head to the Middle East
- Watch the first two minutes of Dexter‘s seventh season
- Ron Howard tweets from the writers room of Arrested Development
Read More »
Friday is the second ‘official’ day of each San Diego Comic Con, and it’s the day where things start to kick into gear. The SDCC organization and various film studios announced their Friday plans today, and there are some great things happening.
The best are at Sony’s panel in Hall H, where the studio will show off Rian Johnson‘s Looper (with Johnson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Emily Blunt in attendance) and debut the first footage from Neill Blomkamp‘s Elysium (with Blomkamp, producer Simon Kinberg, Matt Damon and Jodie Foster showing up). Comic Con could be said to be Blomkamp’s first home, as that’s where his debut feature District 9 first got loads of attention, back in 2008.
This schedule also shows that television is taking a pole position this year, as Hall H has big presentations for The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones, and there are big events for Firefly, Community, Breaking Bad, and many more shows.
There’s a lot more going on during the day, but hit the jump to get some highlights. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 27th, 2012 by Angie Han
With San Diego Comic-Con just around the corner, a lot of our TV Bits are devoted to news about the cool stuff that’ll be going on there. But there’s plenty of stuff in here for the non-attendees as well, I swear. After the jump:
- Exec producer says Dexter will “definitely” be over after Season 8
- Breaking Bad gets a new trailer. Only 18 days left til the premiere…
- … Unless you’re going to SDCC. Then you get to see BB a day early!
- Speaking of SDCC, the Community panel is moving to a bigger room
- And in still more SDCC news, the Firefly crew will also be in attendance
- There is another Season 2 ep of Happy Endings, and it’s playing at Outfest
- Nathan Lane will have a recurring role in The Good Wife‘s fourth season
- Star/producer/writer B.J. Novak won’t be full-time on The Office anymore
- Sigourney Weaver gets political in an extended trailer for Political Animals
Read More »
Very few TV shows that only air 11 episodes are as revered as Firefly. Joss Whedon‘s space-western starring Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin and others was famously canceled by Fox but has lived on thanks to a rabid fanbase known as Browncoats, a reference from the show. Their passion for the series helped Whedon direct Serenity, a movie based on the series, and continues to drive interest in the franchise, spawning fan events, merchandise and more.
Yet even with that level of intense fandom, there are still things most of us – and some fans – might not know about Firefly and Serenity. After the jump, check out an infographic that lists a whole bunch. Eighteen to be exact. Read More »
In honor of Valentine’s Day, TV Squad created a three minute supercut montage of both contemporary and classic television characters kissing. Hit the jump to watch the video.
Read More »
Have you ever noticed that Han Solo (Harrison Ford‘s iconic character from the original Star Wars trilogy) is hidden in the background in some sceenes of Joss Whedon‘s short lived sci-fi television series Firefly? Details and photos after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If you’ve been reading /Film for a while, then you know that I love good movie-inspired art. And the superbowl of movie art is Crazy4Cult, an art show put on every year by Gallery 1988 in Los Angeles. This year’s show will open on July 9th, and we have seen the first batch of artwork premiere online. For years I’ve been writing about the show, and posting and buying the art online. I’m super excited because this year I’ll be able to attend the event since I now live in Los Angeles. After the jump you will see a compilation of the artwork I have found thus far. New pieces from Eric Tan, Dave Perillo, Tom Whalen and more. We should have another preview closer to the show. Believe me, if you like movie art, hit the jump!
Read More »