Posted on Thursday, May 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits includes a bunch of casting notices, plus some people talking about theoretical projects that don’t actually exist yet. After the jump:
- TMNT2 casts Brittany Ishibashi as Karai
- Barbershop 3 adds a Pitch Perfect actor
- Duncan Jones would be up for Warcraft 2
- Aunt Becky will return for Fuller House
- Chuck Palahniuk talks Fight Club 2
- Vin Diesel teases Fast & Furious 8
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Later this month, author Chuck Palahniuk will continue the story of his iconic novel turned film Fight Club in comic book form. The series, Fight Club 2, will follow Tyler Durden ten years after the events of the book but it won’t be the character’s only appearance. Palahniuk is bringing back Durden for a short story in his new collection, Make Something Up: Stories You Can’t Unread. Durden appears in a story called Expedition which takes place before the events in Fight Club. Read more about the Fight Club prequel below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- The Transporter: Refueled gets pushed back to fall
- Rings sucks in Aimee Teegarden of Friday Night Lights
- Ron Howard preps the Da Vinci Code sequel in Florence
- Paul Blart is “2 Blart 2 Furious” in a new trailer
- James Bond won’t be part of a “Marvel-style” universe
- Zachary Levi tweets a look at the Heroes Reborn cast
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 production hits a delay
- A new Dragon Tattoo book is coming; see the cover
- Get a preview of the Fight Club 2 comic book
Read More »
A Fight Club board game sounds pretty awesome, and while there isn’t a real one (yet?) we’ve got a board designed to promote Fight Club 2, the comic book sequel written by original creator Chuck Palahniuk and illustrated by Cameron Stewart.
That sequel is coming in May, and you can also preview the first issue right now. The first six pages of the debut installment are online, and they introduce a version of the familiar narrator, now almost a decade older and going by the name Sebastian and “enjoying” married life with an increasingly uneasy Marla Singer, with whom he has a son who is starting to demonstrate some uncomfortably familiar tendencies.
Below, along with the opening of the sequel series, we’ve got the Fight Club board game design, and an introduction to the sequel story laid out in the form of an in-flight guide to emergency landing prep. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, February 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Aspiring actors, disillusioned suburbanites, and little plastic men figure in today’s edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Fight Club comic book sequel launches in May
- China and France will get to see Taken 3 in 3D
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 adds a few more mates
- Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has a new poster
- Martin Starr says a Party Down movie is “unlikely”
- The Lego Movie 2 will introduce Emmet’s sister
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
One of the more appealing panels at Comic Con this year was organized around Fight Club. It featured novel author Chuck Palahniuk and film director David Fincher talking about the film, and the comic book sequel. Of course, it’s also one of the panels we were unable to attend, but that’s OK. The whole thing is available as an audio stream, and in very good quality. Listen to the full Fight Club Comic Con panel below, thanks to Jeff Goldsmith. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
Technically, the first and second rules of Fight Club are that you don’t talk about Fight Club. They don’t say anything about the Fight Club sequel, so Chuck Palahniuk isn’t breaking any vows by discussing his new project.
Officially announced by Palahniuk earlier this year, Fight Club 2 is a ten-issue comic book series that picks up with the unnamed protagonist of Fight Club about ten years later. Take a peek at some artwork and get the latest details from Palahniuk after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 30th, 2014 by Angie Han
Chuck Palahniuk‘s comic book sequel to Fight Club, first announced last year, is moving forward with some help from a notable writer. Matt Fraction, the Eisner-winning scribe behind Image Comics’ Sex Criminals and Marvel Comics’ Hawkeye, is reviewing the script, as revealed by Palahniuk himself. Get all the latest details on the book after the jump.
Read More »
Chuck Palahniuk is finally ready to break the first rule and talk about his sequel to Fight Club. Wait, wait, pitchforks down, it’s cool, this isn’t a movie. It isn’t even a traditional novel; it will be a graphic novel. In fact, there might be more than one.
Whatever form it takes, how do you follow a savage skewering of masculine ideas? Turns out, it’s all about the protagonist of the original story inheriting some of the stuff he railed against when we first got to know him. Read More »