After the pure excitement from the debut of the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer died down, people started picking apart the trailer frame by frame (and that includes us). One of the more popular theories about what we saw in the trailer was that Jyn Erso, the lead rebel character played by Felicity Jones, might be the mother of our new favorite future Jedi, Rey from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
There weren’t really any clear hints that this theory could be true beyond the fact that Jyn Erso was white, brunette, had a British accent, had a similar background to Rey, and shared some common facial features. Plus, Jyn could easily have a child sometime between A New Hope and The Force Awakens who could have grown up to be the stranded Jakku orphan. That’s not exactly the strongest evidence, but the theory gained traction and fans thought it made sense.
Unfortunately, Daisy Ridley has just put out that fire by debunking the theory about Rey’s mother in Star Wars. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story has been flying under the radar, waiting for everyone to fully exhaust themselves on Star Wars: The Force Awakens before revealing itself. And oh boy, has it revealed itself. The first trailer is here and it’s a doozy, filled with all kinds of incredible imagery, promising characters, and, for the lack of a more elegant phrase, really cool stuff. And you know what that means – it’s time for a frame-by-frame trailer breakdown.
One word of warning: this article will dive into various internet rumors that have circulated this project for the past year. Some may be true. Some may not. I recommend bringing a pinch of salt along for this particular journey. If you want to know nothing about the film, you should probably turn around now.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, April 7th, 2016 by Angie Han
Star Wars: The Force Awakens opened up a whole new chapter of everyone’s favorite sci-fi saga last year, but the next new Star Wars movie actually takes us back a few decades. Set shortly before the events of A New Hope, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story follows a group of resistance fighters who set out to steal the Death Star plans.
Although Rogue One began shooting last summer (before The Force Awakens even hit theaters), it’s only now that we’re finally getting the very first glimpse of footage from the new movie. Yes, the very first Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer is here, and you can check it out after the jump.
Read More »
The Force has Awakened, and we won’t find out what happens for another 600 or so days. But another Star Wars movie will be out later this year: Star Wars: Rogue One (or is it Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?) will hit theaters in December 2016, and we’re excited (Peter, Angie, Jacob, Jack and Ethan all listed the film in their most anticipated films of the year). But what do we know about Rogue One? I have compiled everything we know, have seen, and/or have heard rumored, and more, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
Tl;dr: Every movie franchise you ever loved is coming back, and so are some you never really cared for in the first place. After the jump:
- Edgar Ramirez thinks there will be more Point Breaks.
- Yes, another Indiana Jones movie is coming. Eventually.
- Quentin Tarantino makes more noises about a Kill Bill 3.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 unveils a new poster.
- Will The Conjuring 2 reference The Amityville Horror?
- A new Fantastic Beasts image is all about the No-Maj.
- Plus, new photos from Inferno and Kung Fu Panda 3.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Over the weekend, one of the reveals from Disney’s D23 Expo 2015 was the first photo of the primary cast from Star Wars: Rogue One, giving us a good first look at the s about a band of rebels tasked with stealing the plans to the first Death Star.
Now that a super high-resolution version of the photo has hit the web, fans are noticing some cool details in the photo, mostly with the costumes and props of the pictured cast, which includes Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
In fact, one particular cast member’s appearance has sparked a very interesting theory, albeit one without much substantial evidence. Some believe that we’ll see Diego Luna as Biggs Darklighter in the movie. Read More »
Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars: Rogue One is still over a year away, but thanks to D23 we have a tantalizing taste of the upcoming film today.
Read More »
So far the cast assembled for the first Star Wars Anthology film has been an eclectic mix of talent. Felicity Jones has taken the lead role in Star Wars: Rogue One while other cast members include Riz Ahmed, Sam Claflin, Diego Luna, Forest Whitaker and maybe Ben Mendelsohn. However, we don’t really know anything about who these actors are playing.
The only tidbit that’s been floating around the internet is that Felicity Jones was the rebel leader of the team assembled to try to steal the Death Star plans in a time period shortly before the beginning of A New Hope. Now a new detail about her character has surfaced that is intriguing, but also potentially hard to believe.
Find out more about Felicity Jones in Star Wars Rogue One rumor after the jump, but beware of potential spoilers! Read More »
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »