Over the weekend, one of the reveals from Disney’s D23 Expo 2015 was the first photo of the primary cast from Star Wars: Rogue One, giving us a good first look at the s about a band of rebels tasked with stealing the plans to the first Death Star.
Now that a super high-resolution version of the photo has hit the web, fans are noticing some cool details in the photo, mostly with the costumes and props of the pictured cast, which includes Felicity Jones, Diego Luna, Riz Ahmed, Jiang Wen and Donnie Yen.
In fact, one particular cast member’s appearance has sparked a very interesting theory, albeit one without much substantial evidence. Some believe that we’ll see Diego Luna as Biggs Darklighter in the movie. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars: Rogue One is still over a year away, but thanks to D23 we have a tantalizing taste of the upcoming film today.
Read More »
So far the cast assembled for the first Star Wars Anthology film has been an eclectic mix of talent. Felicity Jones has taken the lead role in Star Wars: Rogue One while other cast members include Riz Ahmed, Sam Claflin, Diego Luna, Forest Whitaker and maybe Ben Mendelsohn. However, we don’t really know anything about who these actors are playing.
The only tidbit that’s been floating around the internet is that Felicity Jones was the rebel leader of the team assembled to try to steal the Death Star plans in a time period shortly before the beginning of A New Hope. Now a new detail about her character has surfaced that is intriguing, but also potentially hard to believe.
Find out more about Felicity Jones in Star Wars Rogue One rumor after the jump, but beware of potential spoilers! Read More »
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Thursday, Disney CEO Bob Iger made some pretty big Star Wars announcements during the Disney Shareholder Meeting, including a release date for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars: Episode VIII as well as Felicity Jones casting confirmation and the title of the first Star Wars spin-off.
But that wasn’t all, Bob Iger also showed the first piece of concept art for Star Wars: Rogue One, which may surprise you. I think most everyone assumed that with a title like “Rogue One,” the movie would involve the first group of X-Wing pilots but the concept art shows something very different.
(please note: the images above and below are not the Star Wars Rogue One concept art, but images from various games like Star Wars The Old Republic)
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars news has been announced by Bob Iger on the Disney investor call this morning. The first Star Wars spin-off film, written by Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Chris Weitz (Cinderella, About a Boy, Antz) and directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla, Monsters), based on a story by Industrial Light and Magic chief creative officer and effects legend John Knoll, will be titled Star Wars: Rogue One.
Read More »
One, maybe two, Star Wars actresses walking the Oscar red carpet highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones and Lupita Nyong’o talk Star Wars from the red carpet of the Oscars.
- Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew lead the latest group of Star Wars Celebration attendees.
- See a trailer for Wookie the Chew, a Winnie the Pooh/Star Wars mash-up.
- Check out a massive custom Lego of the Sarlaac Pit.
- There could be new Star Wars: The Clone Wars content coming.
- Some new, potentially massive spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are online.
Read More »
Ron Howard‘s film Inferno, which is his third adaptation of a Dan Brown novel following The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, has been formally announced by Sony. With that announcement comes the supporting cast lineup, and Felicity Jones (previously reported), Irrfan Khan, Omar Sy, and Sidse Babett Knudsen are all confirmed for roles in the latest Robert Langdon thriller. Tom Hanks will once again play Langdon, and you can see images of them all, and get a bit more info on the Inferno cast, below. Read More »
Recent reports said that a set of young women including Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black were reading for a central role in the Star Wars spin-off film to be directed by Gareth Edwards. But counter to previous rumors, it won’t be Maslany who gets the lead role. The first official Star Wars spin-off casting news is out, and Felicity Jones is in talks to take the lead role in the mysterious standalone film.
Read More »