Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Thursday, Disney CEO Bob Iger made some pretty big Star Wars announcements during the Disney Shareholder Meeting, including a release date for Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars: Episode VIII as well as Felicity Jones casting confirmation and the title of the first Star Wars spin-off.
But that wasn’t all, Bob Iger also showed the first piece of concept art for Star Wars: Rogue One, which may surprise you. I think most everyone assumed that with a title like “Rogue One,” the movie would involve the first group of X-Wing pilots but the concept art shows something very different.
(please note: the images above and below are not the Star Wars Rogue One concept art, but images from various games like Star Wars The Old Republic)
Read More »
Star Wars news has been announced by Bob Iger on the Disney investor call this morning. The first Star Wars spin-off film, written by Academy Award-nominated screenwriter Chris Weitz (Cinderella, About a Boy, Antz) and directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla, Monsters), based on a story by Industrial Light and Magic chief creative officer and effects legend John Knoll, will be titled Star Wars: Rogue One.
Read More »
One, maybe two, Star Wars actresses walking the Oscar red carpet highlight this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones and Lupita Nyong’o talk Star Wars from the red carpet of the Oscars.
- Mark Hamill and Peter Mayhew lead the latest group of Star Wars Celebration attendees.
- See a trailer for Wookie the Chew, a Winnie the Pooh/Star Wars mash-up.
- Check out a massive custom Lego of the Sarlaac Pit.
- There could be new Star Wars: The Clone Wars content coming.
- Some new, potentially massive spoilers for Star Wars: The Force Awakens are online.
Read More »
Ron Howard‘s film Inferno, which is his third adaptation of a Dan Brown novel following The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, has been formally announced by Sony. With that announcement comes the supporting cast lineup, and Felicity Jones (previously reported), Irrfan Khan, Omar Sy, and Sidse Babett Knudsen are all confirmed for roles in the latest Robert Langdon thriller. Tom Hanks will once again play Langdon, and you can see images of them all, and get a bit more info on the Inferno cast, below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Recent reports said that a set of young women including Tatiana Maslany of Orphan Black were reading for a central role in the Star Wars spin-off film to be directed by Gareth Edwards. But counter to previous rumors, it won’t be Maslany who gets the lead role. The first official Star Wars spin-off casting news is out, and Felicity Jones is in talks to take the lead role in the mysterious standalone film.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
We’re at the height of Oscar season madness right now, and so right on cue Vanity Fair has come out with their annual Hollywood issue. Each year they collect the industry’s best, brightest, and prettiest, shove them into designer tuxes and thousand-dollar dresses, and crowd them all in for a fancy class photo.
This year, the group includes four current Academy Award nominees, two Jupiter Ascending actors, two future superheroes, one Star Wars star, and one former People‘s Sexiest Man Alive. See the full image after the jump. Read More »
Though it doesn’t say it at the beginning, True Story is indeed a true story. It’s the story of Mike Finkel, a New York Times reporter who is oddly drawn into the world of Christian Longo, an Oregon man accused of killing his wife and three children. Playing against their usual types, Jonah Hill plays Finkel and James Franco plays Longo in first time feature director Rupert Gould’s crime mystery that is mostly good, but falls short of its full potential. Read more of our True Story review below. Read More »
Gareth Edwards has begun testing actresses for a lead role in his 2016 Star Wars standalone movie. There’s no word what the role is but The Hollywood Reporter reports Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara, and recent Oscar nominee Felicity Jones are all testing for a part in the film.
UPDATE: Variety reports that Kate Mara also read for the role. Read More »