Many fans were disappointed when a new trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story didn’t end up debuting on ABC the same weekend of Star Wars Celebration. An early description of an ABC special indicated a new trailer for the spin-off would debut on TV at that time, but it ended up just being a re-airing of the sizzle reel that debuted at the fan convention in London. However, it appears we’ll be getting a new trailer soon after all.
A TV spot aired today revealing that a new Rogue One trailer would be coming later this week. Find out when you can catch this new Rogue One Olympics trailer after the jump. Read More »
With the release of the Star Wars: Rogue One teaser trailer, we now know the lead character played by Felicity Jones is named Jyn Erso. While this character is not a previously known person in Star Wars canon, I thought it would be fun to point out that our new Star Wars lead character isn’t even the first person in a galaxy far, far away to have that first name.
So let’s use this an an opportunity to explore the other Jyns of the Star Wars universe and see if we find anything interesting. We won’t learn much in terms of information about Rogue One, so if you’re looking for that you can stop here.
Read More »
In our next edition of Star Wars Bits, you can find information about the following:
- How much money will Star Wars: The Force Awakens Make at the worldwide box office? Can it beat Avatar or Titanic?
- Details and aspect ratio comparison for the Star Wars: The Force Awakens IMAX release.
- A new Star Wars Battlefront video which seems to tease a new Squadron Fighter mode.
- Walmart is preparing for Force Friday and have apparently informed employees of four Star Wars events to help drive sales.
- A New rumored home video release date for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Spoilers: A new fan theory on who Felicity Jones could be playing in Star Wars: Rogue One.
- And of course, the header image which is one of the many paper sculptures created by Kirigami paper artist Marc Hagan-Guirey, a.k.a. Paper Dandy. See more of his work here.
Read More »