Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Don’t believe everything you hear on the Internet — that Toy Story 4 rumor, for one, is simply not true. Also after the jump:
- Will Monsters University feature a cameo from Boo?
- Universal wants to turn Mama into a franchise
- Kick-Ass 2 seems to be doing reshoots in Toronto
- The Last Exorcism Part II unveils a new poster
- Paul Walker gets his own Fast & Furious 6 poster
- J.J. Abrams discusses Klingons and Carol Marcus
- Watch a new Star Trek Into Darkness featurette
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Since Super Bowl weekend, Universal has been opening the doors on the Fast & Furious 6 garage. There’s the long Super Bowl spot and the 3 1/2 minute trailer that went online not long afterward. Now we’ve got a theatrical edit of that trailer, which you can check out below.
Along with that comes some potentially big spoiler info about the end of this movie, and the villain for the seventh film — and there will definitely be a seventh. We’ll keep quiet about that info until after the trailer embed below. And if you care about preserving some secrecy about where the sixth movie ends up, and what’s planned for the follow-up, just check out the trailer and be done. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2013 by Angie Han
Ah, yes, the Fast and the Furious franchise: Where a man can fly from one fancy speeding car to another in the middle of the highway while a tank wreaks havoc in the background. See that photo and more after the jump. Also:
- Jocelin Donahue is young Barbara Hershey in Insidious 2
- Helen Mirren teases some of her big action scenes for Red 2
- Yes, Rafe Spall will appear in Edgar Wright‘s The World’s End
- Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Trek character is a very modern terrorist
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks Transformers 4
- A Good Day to Die Hard unveils a Valentine’s Day-themed spot
- The gang’s all here in a fresh batch of stills from Fast & Furious 6
- See some colorful high-res images from The Muppets… Again
Read More »
Super Bowl Sunday was a great day if you were a Baltimore Ravens fan, but it was pretty damn good day for Fast and Furious fans too. Universal dropped their first look at the upcoming Fast and Furious 6, the latest film in the action franchise about crime, fast cars, and huge set pieces. It blew away the competition. Today we get more.
Justin Lin returns for his fourth go-round in as director, and seems to have crafted an even faster and furious (er…) film this time around. Fresh off their massive heist in Brazil, Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian (Paul Walker) are back. This time, though, the special agent hired to bring them down (Dwayne Johnson) has a favor to ask. He needs to team up with Dom and Brian to bring down an even worse bad guy, played by Luke Evans. Throw in the return of Michelle Rodriguez‘s thought-to-be-dead character and May 24 can’t get here fast enough.
While the Super Bowl spot was great, below we have an “extended first look” at the film which combines the mind-blowing action from the Super Bowl with more story and explosions. Read More »
Posted on Sunday, February 3rd, 2013 by Angie Han
We haven’t seen too much from Fast & Furious 6 yet, but Universal has apparently chosen Super Bowl weekend to get the marketing push started in earnest. A few days ago, they revealed the full synopsis, and earlier this weekend they unveiled the first poster. Now, in the middle of the big game, we’ve finally gotten our first look at some footage in the form of a 60-second TV spot. Check it out after the jump.
Watch other 2013 Super Bowl spots at these links: Iron Man 3, World War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, The Lone Ranger, Oz: The Great and Powerful.
Read More »
Briefly: Later today we’ll get our first look at footage from Justin Lin‘s Fast & Furious 6, starring Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson. The film’s star has taken to his Facebook to give us a brief sneak peak, however: the teaser poster for the May 24 release. Check it out below and check back later for the Super Bowl spot. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2013 by Angie Han
Fast Five wound up being one of 2011′s most unexpected pleasures, so hopefully we’re in for a treat when the first footage from Justin Lin‘s Fast and Furious 6 (or whatever it winds up being called) airs during the Super Bowl this weekend.
To prep fans for the unveiling, Universal has finally released an official synopsis explaining just what Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul Walker), Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson), and the rest of the gang will be up to in the new film — and how exactly Luke Evans‘ villain and the presumed-dead Letty (Michelle Rodriguez) factor in. Read it after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Super Bowl, teaser posters, rumors and more are all in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump read about:
- A new image from Fast and Furious 6 is out and find out when you’ll see the first footage.
- Watch a video of Arnold Schwarzenegger talking about The Legend of Conan.
- J.J. Abrams has ideas for a third Star Trek, but nothing is set.
- Filming on The Muppets sequel, The Muppets…Again, starts this week.
- Another teaser poster for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has been released.
- The R-rating for A Good Day to Die Hard is confirmed in a new commercial.
Read More »