In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Ewan McGregor responds to rumors that he will be reprising his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new Star Wars Anthology film. His answer may surprise you a bit.
- Is a new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game being worked on for 2016 release?
- See two more variant cover images for the Journey To Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Shattered Empire comic book series which will help fill in the thirty year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens
- One of the Force Friday releases is teased in a magazine ad: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Monopoly.
- See Boba Fett on the cover of the X-Box Official Magazine to promote Star Wars Battlefront.
- And find out if the Star Wars: The Force Awakens sets are still standing in Abu Dubai.
All that and more.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, June 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
The debate over Kylo Ren’s crossguard lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens rages on. The latest to weigh in with his opinion is none other than Obi-Wan Kenobi himself, Ewan McGregor — who says a real Jedi or Sith wouldn’t need a crossguard. Read the Ewan McGregor crossguard lightsaber comments after the jump. Read More »
It’s raining Star Wars rumors this week and we’re not talking small ones either. Fresh off the huge rumor about the second Anthology film centering on Han Solo and Boba Fett’s past, another rumor has surfaced. This one not only purposes the focus of a new Star Wars movie, but in fact a whole new trilogy.
According to the rumor, Disney and Lucasfilm have been talking to Ewan McGregor about returning to the role of Obi-Wan Kenobi not just for one film, for three. Which we’ve heard before but now may be more focused. Read more about the Ewan McGregor Star Wars rumor below. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, April 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
Bill Condon‘s Beauty and the Beast has found its Lumière. Ewan McGregor is in talks to play the amorous candlestick, who used to be a regular old human servant before the Beast mouthed off to some witch who cursed his entire household. More on the Beauty and the Beast Ewan McGregor casting after the jump. Read More »
Is Superman getting a new costume in the comic books? Was Ewan McGregor up for Doctor Strange? How long is Ezra Miller willing to play The Flash? Who might be auditioning to play Marvel’s Iron Fist? What’s the latest comic book that Sony Pictures picked up? Want to see a new iZombie promo? Who is the villain in Supergirl? Which film is about to link with Agent Carter? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
From the set of The Force Awakens, to its concept art and everything in between, it’s a busy day in Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Read how J.J. Abrams reacted when Harrison Ford got hurt on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ewan McGregor is still waiting for his Star Wars standalone phone call, plus comments on Kylo Ren’s lightsaber.
- Could a Han Solo video game be in the works?
- Billie Lourd is most certainly in The Force Awakens.
- See a cool prequel easter egg in Star Wars #1 and read about more secrets in the book.
- Darth Vader #1 is a bit hit already, plus new variant covers.
- Jessica Chastain would love to be in a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams used Disney codenames on the set of The Force Awakens.
- More video of Dave Filoni, Killian Plunkett and Henry Gilroy talking Star Wars Rebels.
- A potential location is The Force Awakens is described, as are some new characters and an action scene.
Read More »
In Rodrigo Garcia‘s beautiful and lush film Last Days in the Desert, the journey is uncertain for a while. We follow Jesus, played by Ewan McGregor, as he enters the desert on a journey for truth. “Father, speak to me,” he says. As he walks and thinks, he begins to see visions of Satan, also played by McGregor. He meets a family out in the desert, and the audience may initially wonder what those people are doing out there. But eventually it clicks. We realize the point, just as Jesus probably realizes the point in the narrative, and the film blossoms into something beautiful but not entirely fulfilling. Read more of our Last Days in the Desert review below. Read More »
Ladies and gentleman, may we present to you the first confirmed photo of Jesus. He’s played by Ewan McGregor and you can see him in Park City, Utah next month.
One of the standout films on the recent list of narrative Premieres at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival was Last Days in the Desert, Rodrigo Garcia‘s film that dramatizes Jesus’s 40 days spent fasting in the desert. McGregor stars not only as Jesus, but as the devil as well, who confronts and tempts the son of God during his epic struggle.
Now, the first image from the film has been revealed. That’s not it above. The image isn’t in any way offensive but it definitely puts a bigger spotlight on this sure to be controversial film. Check out the Ewan McGregor Jesus image below. Read More »
In Son of a Gun Ewan McGregor and Brenton Thwaites are prisoners in a West Australian prison, where McGregor offers the younger Thwaites protection inside in exchange for help breaking out, which leads to the two pulling a big job outside. Once out of prison, there’s a gold heist, and a sense that betrayal is only a moment away, and the allure of the enigmatic and possibly criminally seasoned woman played by Alicia Vikander. Check out the Son of a Gun trailer after the break. Read More »