Some have criticized Quentin Tarantino for stealing from other movies, but it’s a practice that he’s very open and even proud of, and he should be. For centuries, all the best artists have been inspired by the artists the came before them, and the same can be said of every single filmmaker out there.
While most directors may not borrow as much from other movies as Quentin Tarantino, a video series called Film Meets Art compares movies like There Will Be Blood, Melancholia, Lost in Translation, Empire of the Sun, Inherent Vice and and even Django Unchained to the pieces of art that inspired some of their gorgeous shots.
Watch the Film Meets Art videos after the jump. Read More »
At Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 I got a chance to sit down with Star Wars Rebels creator/showrunner Dave Filoni to talk about the future of the Disney XD animated series. I haven’t published the interview yet because I didn’t want it to get buried in the madness that was Comic-Con. But with San Diego behind us, let’s begin to take a look at some of the interesting bits that Filoni revealed.
Star Wars Rebels follows the Rebellion in the five years before Star Wars: A New Hope, but we’ve yet to see an X-Wing appear onscreen. So one of the first questions I asked Filoni is when we’ll finally see some X-Wings in Star Wars Rebels. Find out what he said about Star Wars Rebels X-Wings, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Read More »
Thanks to Mondo, it seems like we’re posting really cool Star Wars posters almost every other day here on /Film. Actually, it’s every week and that series is almost over. But the Star Wars posters keep on coming!
This latest batch, however, aren’t exactly Star Wars posters. They just use Star Wars as the basis for posters for some other films like Empire of the Sun, Cool Hand Luke, The Princess Bride, Rebel Without a Cause and Empire Records. Artist Matthew Ranzetta took a simple idea and really did an awesome job with it. You see two of them above, check out the rest after the jump. Read More »