The Handmaid’s Tale was published in 1985, but in a polarizing political climate, the new trailer for its upcoming Hulu adaptation makes the dystopian story feel more relevant than ever.
See the chilling trailer below.
Read More »
Jason Schwartzman‘s latest film will premiere Monday at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival and a teaser trailer has been released to celebrate the occasion. The film is called Listen Up, Philip and it’s written and directed by Alex Ross Perry. Schwartzman plays a successful writer fed up with busy city life who goes into seclusion. Elizabeth Moss, Krysten Ritter and Jonathan Pryce are along for the ride. Check out the teaser below. Read More »
Controversy, casting and consensual exits are all in this edition of TV Bits. After the jump read about the following:
- See a photo of how the George W. Bush head from Game of Thrones was fixed.
- Rocker Marilyn Manson joins Showtime’s Californification.
- Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson will have an arc on the Broadway drama Smash.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will join wife Jaime King to voice a character on Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Steve Carell told the Los Angeles Times why Michael Scott won’t return to The Office.
- Elizabeth Moss suggests a possible spoiler about her Mad Men character.
Read More »
Though he’s been announced as attached to a few projects over the past couple years, Lawrence Kasdan hasn’t written or directed a produced film since Dreamcatcher in 2003. (He has done script work, like the polish on the script for the action version of Paradise Lost that Alex Proyas just signed to direct.)
But now Kasdan will direct Darling Companion from a script he wrote with Meg Kasdan, and he’s just added Mark Duplass, Dianne Wiest and Sam Shepard to the cast. Read More »