Posted on Tuesday, March 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s gonna be a great spring for TV lovers, with the returns of Game of Thrones and Mad Men just around the corner and Louis CK‘s new standup special waiting in the wings. Watch trailers for all three after the jump. Also:
- Damian Lewis talks Carrie and Brody’s future
- Look for cameos and references in Hannibal
- Seth Green also joins Seth MacFarlane‘s pilot
- Will Seth Meyers replace Jimmy Fallon?
- Cougar Town gets renewed for a fifth season
- TNT sets a return date for Falling Skies
- Mattel is working on UNO: The Game Show
- Bryan Cranston‘s Breaking Bad script gets stolen
- See new images from Eli Roth‘s Hemlock Grove
- Watch the first 14 minutes of TNT’s Defiance
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, March 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
Let’s just dive right in. After the jump:
- Enlightened gets canned, CSI gets renewed
- A Once Upon a Time spinoff is in the works
- Fox is developing an O.J. Simpson series
- Is Jimmy Fallon replacing Jay Leno?
- Adam Green‘s Holliston sets a return date
- American Horror Story gets a subtitle
- Sam Raimi will direct the Fox pilot Rake
- Adam Scott could’ve been Jim Halpert
- David Brent returns in The Office Revisited
- Game of Thrones gets a new promo and a GRRM cameo
- Hemlock Grove and Hannibal get twisted new trailers
- HBO reveals a teaser for Phillip Noyce‘s Mary and Martha
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 by Angie Han
Now that a director’s been locked in for Episode VII, the big question is who’ll get to star in it. And that’s what today’s Star Wars Bits is all about. After the jump:
- Disney CEO confirms the original trio is in talks to return
- Billy Dee Williams has also been asked to come back
- Warwick Davis is “definitely” looking to do more Star Wars
- New details revealed for Star Wars: First Assault game
- Eli Roth, JGL, Mila Kunis, Stanley Tucci and more weigh in
Read More »
With so many horror sequels and demon possession films released year after year, a demon possession horror sequel doesn’t sound like the freshest idea. That’s where Eli Roth comes in.
A noted writer and director in his own right (and an actor, too), Roth produced the upcoming The Last Exorcism Part 2, a sequel to the surprise 2010 hit film, with those pitfalls in mind. He’s well aware the film has a mountain to climb. It’s a possession film, and a horror sequel. It has to live up to expectations bolstered by an original movie that made over $40 million and had an ending so memorable, the sequel was all but predetermined. The task then became working off the promise of that ending and avoiding the stigmas of its genre.
After the release of the trailer for The Last Exorcism Part 2 in January, we spoke to Roth about the problems with sequels, how this movie attempts to transcend them as well as a bunch of his upcoming projects: the Netflix show Hemlock Grove, his next movie The Green Inferno and more. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Stay classy, New York City? Director Adam McKay reveals that Anchorman: The Legend Continues will take the Channel 4 News Team to the Big Apple. Also after the jump:
- Jason Clarke comments very briefly about his Apes character
- Rooney Mara “definitely” wants to do the Dragon Tattoo sequel
- Super Troopers 2 will “hopefully” shoot sometime this year
- Looks like a second Star Trek Into Darkness trailer is coming soon
- Producer Eli Roth is “very proud” of The Last Exorcism Part II
- Speaking of, check out the film’s terrifying beauty shop prank
- Paranormal Activity 5 might have special ghosts for 3D glasses
Read More »
Worldview Entertainment has released the first image from Eli Roth‘s (Hostel, Cabin Fever) The Green Inferno. The horror thriller follows New York City student activists who encounter a tribe of cannibals while traveling the remote jungles of Peru. This is Roth’s first directorial effort since the Hostel series.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
Superheroes aren’t the only ones showing off their goods today. A batch of new photos have dropped for a trio of highly anticipated releases that don’t involve flowing capes or secret powers (at least, that we know of): Ti West‘s The Sacrament, Joel and Ethan Coen‘s Inside Llewyn Davis, and Terrence Malick‘s To the Wonder. Check them out after the jump.
Read More »
Netflix is a big topic of conversation this week as the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) brings to the fore all manner of questions about digital connectivity and methods for providing content to the new technology being flogged at the show at the same time as ongoing Television Critics Association (TCA) events show off new titles for 2013. Netflix has been managing the transition from its first incarnation, a DVD rental house, to a nearly all-digital content platform. And to bolster the wide array of streaming movies available through Netflix, the company has a couple of high-profile pieces of original content set to premiere this year.
One is House of Cards, the political thriller series starring Kevin Spacey and produced by David Fincher, who also directed the pilot. Another is Hemlock Grove, a supernatural series based on the novel of the same name, with Eli Roth as exec producer alongside Mark Verheiden.
The first trailer for the show is online, and it features a look at the cast (Famke Janssen, Bill Skarsgard, Lili Taylor, Landon Liboiron and Dougray Scott) and quite a few odd sights and sounds of the Pennsylvania town in which they all come together. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: