Part of the formula that made the original Transporter films work was the mystique of main character Frank Martin. Played by Jason Statham, this was a man with no moral compass, who drove and killed people as long as he was properly compensated. Over the course of three films, we definitely learned more about what made him tick but with Statham leaving the franchise, producers decided to look back for the sequels.
Last week, news broke that Transporter 4 would start a new trilogy focused on Martin’s past. That makes it a prequel, which means they’d need a new, younger version of Statham. And they’ve found just that. Ed Skrein, who plays Daario Naharis on Game of Thrones, will be playing Frank Martin in the fourth film and beyond. Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
At long last, the enduring patience of Game of Thrones fans is about to be rewarded. The Season 3 premiere of the fantasy drama is just two weeks away, as HBO’s marketing team is more than eager to remind you.
Over the weekend, we got not one, not two, but three new promos for the series, containing tons of juicy new footage between them. “War” goes into the reasons these scattered Westerosi are taking up arms against each other, “The Beast” looks at the darkness within these characters, and the 90-second full-length trailer explores the massive scope of the story. Check out all the videos after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 21st, 2012 by Angie Han
As August inches to an end, the days of having nothing to watch on TV (well — nothing but Breaking Bad) are about to come to an end. After the jump:
- Game of Thrones casts Daario Naharis and Grey Worm
- Malcolm McDowell will teach History 101 at Greendale
- Michael J. Fox‘s new sitcom lands at NBC for Fall 2013
- New Dexter promo image says he’ll try not to kill Debra
- Elderly matriarchs bicker in new Downton Abbey clips
- Watch another American Horror Story Season 2 teaser
- Jax and Clay chat in the Sons of Anarchy Season 5 trailer
- A picnic day takes a bad turn in the new teaser for Fringe
- Speaking of which, John Noble is back to work on Fringe
Read More »