Robots, water slides, girls dancing as Santa Claus, machine guns, roller skating, the fourth season of Eastbound and Down has it all. In 60 seconds, the full trailer for the final season of the show has so much insane, jaw-dropping and head-scratching content you’ll swear there’s no way creators Danny McBride and Jody Hill can tie it all together. They will, though, as well as the entire story of Kenny Powers. Check out the trailer below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
HBO is well-known for original dramas, but HBO comedies are pretty good too. Two of the more popular ones are returning soon, and new videos have been posted to tease the new seasons. First up is Danny McBride and Jody Hill‘s Eastbound and Down which will begin its fourth and final season on September 29. Then there’s Lena Dunham‘s Girls, which doesn’t come back until early 2014. That teaser is a bit less formal, but very clever and cool – which is the niche that show has certainly carved for itself.
Fans of either show should check out the videos below. Read More »
Briefly: People are getting rightfully excited for the September 29th return of Kenny Effing Powers on the final season of Eastbound and Down. Now, the show is adding at least one surprising cast member that’s sure to turn some heads. Lindsay Lohan has just signed to play a small but important role on the show. Who she plays could be a pretty big spoiler so we’ll reveal it after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 by Angie Han
Game of Thrones has ended for the year, but its shadow continues to loom large. After the jump:
- Portlandia will return for two more seasons
- What happens of Game of Thrones catches up to the books?
- A Sons of Anarchy prequel is still a long ways away
- Dan Harmon closes his Community Season 5 deal
- Harry Potter‘s Tom Felton will bring his sneer to TNT
- Frank Darabont finds his Mickey Cohen for Lost Angels
- Under the Dome plucks a star from The Following
- Veronica Mars adds a bunch of fan favorites, and also Piz
- Watch a trailer for the upcoming fourth season of Luther
- Starz’s The White Queen tries to fill the Game of Thrones gap
- HBO offers new trailers for a bunch of their non-GOT shows
Read More »
Four strikes and Kenny Powers is finally out. The popular HBO show Eastbound & Down is set to start filming its fourth season this week and will premiere on September 29. Then that’s it. Though there was some question after the second and third seasons of the Danny McBride/Jody Hill show as to what would happen next, HBO has decided the fourth season will be its last.
UPDATE: McBride will not be gone from TV though, the new station FXX has just picked up his animated comedy show Chozen. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, July 6th, 2012 by Angie Han
Thanks to Independence Day, it’s been a fairly slow week for film news — but it looks like the TV folks have been keeping themselves plenty busy over the past few days. After the jump:
- Danny McBride talks the surprise fourth season of Eastbound & Down
- A Fraggle Rock spin-off, The Doozers, will shoot in Canada this month
- Watch a teaser for Jerry Seinfeld‘s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- Frank Darabont‘s L.A. Noir pics show Jon Bernthal and Simon Pegg
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 1st, 2011 by Angie Han
Today’s TV Bits offers a few things to look forward to in the not-too-distant future, including imperiled lawyers, asshole baseball players, pretty flight attendants, and a touch of dry British humor. After the jump:
- NBC drops two teasers for its legal thriller The Firm
- HBO announces premiere dates for Eastbound & Down and Life’s Too Short
- ABC confirms that Pan Am is not cancelled
Read More »
In Eastbound and Down, Kenny Powers has stood atop the worlds of baseball and pure assholery. (If that wasn’t a word, it is now.) His latest achievement is to land as king of the hill in the business of sports apparel. Kenny Powers is now the CEO of K-Swiss, and he’s going to destroy the world of product marketing and branding, the better to rebuild it in his own image. His approach to business is explained in a video after the break. It is laden with guest appearances, including Michael Bay. And, as anyone familiar with Eastbound and Down would likely assume, this is some NSFW shit. Read More »
Posted on Monday, July 11th, 2011 by Angie Han
Saturday Night Live veteran Jason Sudeikis has been doing pretty well for himself as a movie star lately, with three separate big-screen projects in 2011 alone — Hall Pass, Horrible Bosses, and the upcoming A Good Old-Fashioned Orgy — but he hasn’t left the small screen behind quite yet. The actor has just signed on for a recurring role on the upcoming season of HBO’s baseball comedy Eastbound & Down as Shane, a new friend of former Major League pitcher Kenny Powers (Danny McBride).
The next season of Eastbound & Down will be the third and most likely final season of the series, and will premiere in early 2012. [Variety]
After the jump, Kristen Bell gains two new suitors, and Nip/Tuck star Julian McMahon takes on the finance industry.
Read More »