Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrelly, Jim Carrey, and Jeff Daniels have been trying to make Dumb and Dumber To for some time, and now they’re ready to bring a new face into the fold. Kathleen Turner has boarded the long-awaited comedy sequel, which is aiming to shoot this fall. More details after the jump.
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, August 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The food puns keep on coming in a new batch of posters from Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. Also after the jump:
- Director Scott Derrickson will return for Sinister 2 in some capacity
- Keri Russell offers more Dawn of the Planet of the Apes plot details
- The Conjuring 2 won’t be about Amityville, unless Patrick Wilson is lying
- Vin Diesel and David Twohy consider where the Riddick series will go next
- The Farrelly Bros. announce a contest for a Dumb and Dumber To role
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 flies up one week on Fox’s release calendar
- Food puns abound on new Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 posters
Posted on Tuesday, July 16th, 2013 by Angie Han
We’re sure to have tons of sequel-related news coming up later this week from Comic-Con, but in the meantime we have a bunch of other, non-SDCC news to share with you. After the jump:
- Troy Duffy is cooking up more Boondock Saints
- Joseph Kosinski offers a minor update on Tron 3
- Chinese superstar Han Geng joins Transformers 4
- The Veronica Mars movie is getting book sequels
- Dumb and Dumber To gets embroiled in a lawsuit
- Mel Gibson is in Expendables 3, says Sly Stallone
- Watch another trailer for Disney’s Cars spinoff Planes
Posted on Tuesday, July 9th, 2013 by Russ Fischer
The proposed sequel to Dumb and Dumber — the real sequel, made by Bobby and Peter Farrelly and starring Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey — has been an on-again off-again thing for a little while. But now, after being dumped by New Line and Warner Bros. and picked up by Universal, the film is set to go.
Last night, Jimmy Fallon had Jeff Daniels as a guest on Late Night, and asked about the sequel. The actor said he and Carrey are set, as are the Farrellys, and while he is a bit cautious (“I’ll believe it’s happening when I’m actually there staring at Jim Carrey”) he admits that Dumb and Dumber To is scheduled to shoot in September for a 2014 release.
Posted on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013 by Angie Han
Rick Moranis isn’t locked in for Ghostbusters 3 yet, but if you’re curious where he thinks his character Louis Tully would’ve ended up, he has some ideas. Also after the jump:
- Peter Jackson discusses the extended cut An Unexpected Journey
- … and you can check out new behind-the-scenes pic from Desolation of Smaug
- Jack Horner says the most recent Jurassic Park 4 plot “didn’t pass muster”
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura has been in touch with actors about Red 3
- Aussie electronic duo Empire of the Sun will score Dumb and Dumber To
- Benjamin Bratt talks about replacing Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2
- Doug Jones is still holding out hope for a third Hellboy
- Val Kilmer‘s Heat sequel idea involves being married to Natalie Portman
- See a poster for Warwick Davis‘ (fake) proposed Willow sequel
Posted on Wednesday, June 19th, 2013 by Peter Sciretta
Peter Farrelly was a guest on the Nerdist podcast last week to make the big announcement that Peter and his brother Bobby were signing a deal to bring a Dumb and Dumber sequel to the big screen after news had leaked that Warner Bros would not be funding the film. Of course, the episode didn’t get posted until Tuesday night, after it had been formerly announced that Universal Pictures would be producing the sequel, Dumb and Dumber To. But Farrelly reveals a bunch of details about the movie on the podcast, disputing reports that Warner Bros didn’t dump the movie, confirming a handfull of returning cast members/characters, announcing a contest to appear in the movie, The release date, filming location, some vague story details and more
Posted on Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 by Peter Sciretta
Just last week it was revealed that Warner Bros had dropped the Peter and Bobby Farrelly-directed sequel Dumb and Dumber To. Rumor had it that the Burbank-based studio saw a very limited upside in a follow-up and was unwilling to bet a low $30 million on the film. At the time it was reported that the Farrelly Brothers planned to shop the film to other studios, and it looks like they have gotten a bite. The directing duo announced on twitter that Red Granite Pictures (The Wolf of Wall Street) and Universal Pictures will team to greenlight the sequel.
Just when you thought Dumb and Dumber To was almost here, turns out it’s going to have to go and totally redeem itself. The Peter and Bobby Farrelly-directed sequel, which would have brought stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back to the roles they originated in the 1994 Dumb and Dumber, has reportedly been dropped by Warner Bros. It will now be shopped around to other suitors.