Just last week it was revealed that Warner Bros had dropped the Peter and Bobby Farrelly-directed sequel Dumb and Dumber To. Rumor had it that the Burbank-based studio saw a very limited upside in a follow-up and was unwilling to bet a low $30 million on the film. At the time it was reported that the Farrelly Brothers planned to shop the film to other studios, and it looks like they have gotten a bite. The directing duo announced on twitter that Red Granite Pictures (The Wolf of Wall Street) and Universal Pictures will team to greenlight the sequel.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, June 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Warner Bros. ultimately decided it didn’t have much faith in Dumb and Dumber To, but star Jeff Daniels still does. Also after the jump:
- Jurassic Park 4 may be eyeing a 2015 release
- Kevin Smith reveals his Clerks III backup plan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger teases an Expendables 3 appearance
- Smurfs 2 gets $150 million worth of tie-ins
- Riddick and Percy Jackson get new posters
- Transformers 4 set video reveals daring escape
- Jack Reynor and Nicola Peltz surface in new set pics
- See the minions and stars in action in new Despicable Me 2 videos
- Check out the first 9 minutes of The Last Exorcism 2
Read More »
Just when you thought Dumb and Dumber To was almost here, turns out it’s going to have to go and totally redeem itself. The Peter and Bobby Farrelly-directed sequel, which would have brought stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels back to the roles they originated in the 1994 Dumb and Dumber, has reportedly been dropped by Warner Bros. It will now be shopped around to other suitors.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who’s up for another El Mariachi movie? Robert Rodriguez and Antonio Banderas definitely are. Also after the jump:
- Could Channing Tatum or Emma Stone be in Dumb and Dumber To?
- Steve Carell hasn’t seen a script yet for Anchorman 2
- Jon M. Chu has things to say about G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Rob Zombie does not have plans for a Halloween 3
- Robert Rodriguez is excited for Machete in Space
- Check out the Into Darkness cover of Star Trek magazine
- … and find out what old charater has resurfaced in Countdown to Darkness
Read More »
Bobby and Peter Farrelly made their directorial debuts, and cemented their comic careers, with the 1994 comedy Dumb and Dumber, starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as a couple of well-meaning but doltish best friends who embark on a disastrous road trip from Providence to Aspen.
The film was a smash, thanks in part to the new popularity of Jim Carrey, and in the past couple years the vague prospect of a legit sequel by the Farrelly Brothers has turned into a script and tentative plans to shoot. Originally announced to roll film in September of last year, Dumb and Dumber To has been pushed back, but will still go on, according to Peter Farrelly. Read More »
They may be dumb but they’re not stupid. Nearly 20 years after its release, the 1994 hit Dumb and Dumber still remains a fan favorite. Quotes are regularaly thrown around, scenes referenced and a no-brainer sequel has long been discussed. Earlier this year, it seemed like the Farrelly Brothers were getting closer than ever, but then Jim Carrey dropped out of the film. The brothers took to Twitter Tuesday to tell fans the film was still in the works, the script is almost done, and it has a title: Dumb and Dumber To. Read more after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Typically when it comes to cash-in sequels, it’s the studio that really wants to make the movie. But in the case of a sequel to Dumb and Dumber, Jim Carrey says that Warner Bros. and New Line aren’t very interested in the project, and so he has walked away from it. Read More »