Apparently, Dumb and Dumber To is good. That’s the buzz coming off the film’s first test screening earlier this month. And not just from the people who tweet, either. I’ve heard from people I know and trust who snuck their way into that screening, the Farrelly Brothers are back with a gross-out comic romp worth of their best films.
The best part of that is the film doesn’t come out for eight months, which means the Farrellys have more than enough time to tinker and get people ready for the triumphant return of Harry (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd (Jim Carrey) on November 14. The first part of that promotion was just revealed, in the form of a pair of teaser posters on the film’s official Dumblr page. Yes, you read that right. Dumblr. Check them out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Few imagined we’d ever see a sequel to Dumb and Dumber, but come November it’s happening. The Farrelly Brothers have begun to test screen Dumb and Dumber To, their two-decades-in-the-making sequel starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. One of those screenings took place last night, and some attendees took to Twitter to air their reaction to the first public screening of the film. Read their comments below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 24th, 2014 by Angie Han
If the first ninety or so 300: Rise of an Empire posters didn’t draw you in, maybe this one will change your mind. (It won’t.) Also after the jump:
- Open Road has another Nut Job planned for 2016
- Jennifer Aniston has just four scenes in Horrible Bosses 2
- Rosario Dawson is definitely coming back for Clerks III
- Tyra Banks promises a Life-Size sequel in 2014 or 2015
- Peter Farrelly wants Dumb and Dumber To out earlier
- Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt? gets a new cast
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, January 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
Most of us get wiser with age, or at least we’d like to think we do. It’d be downright depressing if we were all as stupid now as we were ten or fifteen or twenty years ago. But trust Dumb and Dumber‘s Harry (Jeff Daniels) and Lloyd (Jim Carrey) to be the exceptions.
Dumb and Dumber To sees the famously moronic duo reunited and setting out for another road trip, a full two decades after the first film. Or at least trying to set out on a road trip. The BFFs may be getting nowhere fast, if the first official still is any indication. Check it out after the jump.
Read More »
Briefly: Two franchises just dated their upcoming sequels. First up, The Farrelly Brothers‘ Dumb and Dumber To will be released November 14, 2014. It’s the sequel to the hit 1994 film starring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. The Farrellys once again write and direct.
Second, Filmdistrict just dated Insidious: Chapter 3 for release April 3, 2015. Yes, another sequel in 2015. While James Wan, who directed the first two films, won’t return, writer Leigh Whannell is again penning this installment. Whannell (above left) wrote the first two films and co-starred in them as well. There’s no word on a director, but the second film pretty obviously set up a story line. [ERC]
Posted on Friday, October 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s an extra-chatty edition of Sequel Bits, as everyone has a little something to say about everything. After the jump:
- A $500,000 camera has been stolen from Dumb and Dumber To
- The next Aliens game might be about Ripley’s daughter
- Peter Jackson chats about the score for The Hobbit
- Director thinks National Treasure could shoot in two years
- Dan Aykroyd is going on about Ghostbusters 3 again
- Keanu Reeves chats about Point Break and Speed
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, October 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
Welcome back from the long weekend, if you had one. Here’s what you may have missed in the wonderful world of sequel news:
- Writer Adam Horowitz offers a little Tron 3 update
- Vanilla Ice really wants to be in the new Ninja Turtles
- Kevin Smith hopes to release Clerks 3 in November 2014
- The Aliens vs. Predator comic book gets a relaunch
- Lloyd opens up in new Dumb and Dumber To set pics
- Take a peek at Channing Tatum in 22 Jump Street
- A big battle will hit Hong Kong in Transformers 4
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, September 30th, 2013 by Angie Han
Harry Dunne and Lloyd Christmas are iconic characters in their own way, but the goofy roles aren’t exactly the kind that attract Oscar love. So Dumb and Dumber To is adding a bit of Academy-approved sparkle in the form of a super secret cameo — or what was a super secret cameo, anyway, until the word got out and the headlines went up.
Hit the jump to find out which critically acclaimed actress is set to appear in the long-awaited comedy sequel. If you’d rather be surprised, we suggest that you not only avoid this article but the film’s IMDb page.
Read More »