This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Star Wars Episode VII is filming and you can see the stars on set, find out about the shoot, read about rumors, buy posters and so much more in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch Harrison Ford talk about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Young musicians The Healer Twins filmed a small scene in Star Wars Episode VII.
- John Boyega and Daisy Ridley are filming in the Abu Dhabi desert, watch them travel to set.
- Read a story about how Episode VII ended up in Abu Dhabi.
- You can win some super limited edition Star Wars Episode VII merchandise.
- Speculate about the potential Obi-Wan granddaughter role.
- Drew Struzan addresses the rumors of him doing the Episode VII poster.
- Potential Episode VII characters have been spotted in Iceland.
- Marvel’s Star Wars comics could be coming later this year.
- See new Star Wars posters from Mark Englert and Mark Hamill’s son, Nathan Hamill.
- UCB is hosting The Star Wars Expanded Universe Funeral Celebration.
Read More »
Poster artist Drew Struzan may have “retired” not long ago, but he still does the odd piece of work here and there. Some of Struzan’s most famous posters are for the Star Wars films, and with Star Wars Episode VII in production there has been plenty of reason to assume he’ll do a new one-sheet for the JJ Abrams continuation of George Lucas’ saga. Now the rumor that will be the easiest one to accept this week says that Struzan will indeed do a new Star Wars poster. Read More »
Frank Darabont and poster artist Drew Struzan go back quite a ways, with the artist having done art for films such as The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile, and even the in-film art for The Mist, among other collaborations.
Now Struzan has created a poster for Mob City, the new TNT show from Darabont which stars Jon Bernthal, Ed Burns and Milo Ventimiglia in a 1940s tale of the mob’s incursion into LA. Check out the poster below. Read More »
Two more actors have been rumored for roles in Star Wars Episode VII and one of them is literally named “Solo.” Read who they are, as well the following, after the jump.
- A casting call in New York is looking for three leads in Star Wars Episode VII.
- An internal Toys R Us memo offers up a logo and strategy for the new Star Wars trilogy.
- New episodes of The Clone Wars, as well as Episode VII featurettes, might be exclusively released on Apple devices.
- Drew Struzan (above) might have turned down the opportunity to do the poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- A fire was reported at the Skywalker Ranch.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Fans hoping to return from San Diego Comic-Con with a big stack of awesome stuff for their walls shouldn’t have a problem. All the usual suspects in the poster world will be on hand selling limited edition screenprints and several major pop culture properties are offering awesome, but not limited posters, too. We already showcased Marvel’s offerings and now we’ve got a few more.
First up is a major surprise. Poster legend Drew Struzan has done a piece for DreamWorks’ upcoming How To Train Your Dragon 2. Next, there’s a poster for Edgar Wright’s The World’s End by Tommy Lee Edwards and then a Walking Dead poster by another legend, Alex Ross. Check them all out below. Read More »
Fans of comics, toys, TV, movies and video games have come to consider San Diego Comic-Con almost like Christmas. We wait patiently all year, and then four days in July pack in months worth of awesome. However, while we’ve come expect that level of crazy for the traditional pop culture stuff, the last few years have done the same for the poster world too. That’s in large part because Mondo has chosen to release dozens of exclusive posters at the event as well as provide some incredible opportunities to fans. This year seems like it will trump them all.
Artists Drew Struzan, Martin Ansin and Olly Moss will all be at the convention signing brand new posters of theirs for The Dark Tower, Conan the Barbarian and Spirited Away and Howl’s Moving Castle, respectively. Plus, each is being sold as a pre-order THIS WEEK to avoid crazy lines. Mondo is also releasing four new Pacific Rim posters, and that’s just the start.
Below, read all the details on the releases and check out our exclusive reveal of the Moss’ Howl’s Moving Castle. Read More »
Drew: The Man Behind The Poster is finally ready. We’ve been covering the documentary since 2010 and after several clips, trailers and even a panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2012, the film will have its world debut at San Diego Comic-Con 2013. It tells the story of Drew Struzan, the prolific poster artist who made posters for the Indiana Jones and Star Wars films, as well as Back to the Future, The Goonies, The Shawshank Redemption, Harry Potter and many more.
Not going to be in San Diego? The film will hit limited theaters on August 16 and then video on demand in the Fall thanks to distributor Kino Lorber. Read More »
The biggest recent Star Wars news is in regards to its animated future, but there’s plenty more Star Wars to go around. After the jump, read about the following:
- Joss Whedon wouldn’t bring back the original characters if he did Star Wars Episode VII.
- Which Disney universe has more characters: Star Wars or Marvel?
- George Lucas plans to open up an art museum.
- Bad Robot producer Bryan Burk talked about joining Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams wants your help to bring Lando back.
- President Obama makes light of his recent Star Trek/Star Wars mix-up.
- Poster artist Drew Struzan “has not” been approached for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, throws his hat into the ring for a Boba Fett spinoff.
Read More »