Not only does this year mark the 35th anniversary of Escape form New York, but it also marks the 30th anniversary of one of John Carpenter‘s other beloved films starring Kurt Russell. Yes, it’s been 30 years since Big Trouble in Little China hit theaters, and if you happen to be in Brooklyn, New York today, August 4, then you can celebrate with a special anniversary screening and a very special print of the iconic poster by beloved artist Drew Struzan.
Get the details on the Big Trouble in Little China 35th anniversary print after the jump. Read More »
Over the weekend, Lucasfilm and Disney released the final poster for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The poster had a few reveals, some of which you might have noticed (is that a third Death Star?) and others which were hidden in the fine print and subtext. Before the last trailer gets unleashed later today, let’s take a look at what we learned from this new poster.
Read More »
Legendary poster artist Drew Struzan has been involved with the Star Wars movies since the beginning of the saga. We included some of Struzan’s Star Wars one-sheets in our post about his exclusive D23 Expo 2015 poster for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and we’ve even done a breakdown over-analyzing the components and composition of the new one-sheet.
Now Struzan has done an interview about his latest poster, and explained how it came about while praising Force Awakens saying “it is far and away probably going to be THE BEST Star Wars you’ve ever seen.” Read more Drew Struzan Force Awakens opinions, after the jump.
Read More »
At D23 Expo 2015 over the weekend, JJ Abrams and his cast dropped an exclusive Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster created by legendary poster artist Drew Struzan. In the insane atmosphere of the convention, we really didn’t have time to take it all in. So now that the Disney fan convention is over, I wanted to point out some things I noticed about the poster. There isn’t any mind-blowing observations, only speculative questions. Hit the jump to take a closer look at the Drew Struzan Force Awakens poster and see what we can find.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There was a ton of Star Wars news coming out of D23 Expo 2015, and if you missed any of that from the Star Wars Anthology films getting new branding, to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster by artist Drew Struzen, to the first photo and cast from Star Wars: Rogue One, to the director of Star Wars Episode 9, to Star Wars Lands announced for Disney theme parks, head over to our D23 2015 news roundup. But there is a lot of Star Wars tidbits we missed over the last few days, so lets dive in. Here is what to expect in today’s Star Wars Bits:
- Tom Baker, the fourth Doctor Who, has been cast in a Star Wars project, but which one?
- George Lucas blames a Walt Disney creation for Jar Jar Binks.
- According to JJ Abrams, who is the Ralph McQuarrie of Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- Which monumental Star Wars set has been recreated for Star Wars: Rogue One? (actually, not much of a spoiler)
- Ralph McQuarrie‘s Influence on Star Wars Land
- Why Star Wars: Battlefront won’t have a single player campaign mode.
- Is Drew Struzan‘s Force Awakens D23 Expo poster the film’s official poster? Will there be another?
All that and more in today’s edition of Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump now.
Read More »
Even though there may not be any new footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuting at D23 this weekend, fans were still given a pretty fantastic treat that is simultaneously something we weren’t sure that we would get to see, but also something unsurprising.
The new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster has been revealed with illustrations from famed poster artist Drew Struzan, the man behind the final theatrical posters for the special edition of the Star Wars trilogy as well as the prequel trilogy, and it’s just as gorgeous as we all hoped. Plus, it also gives us a tease of a certain elegant weapon being used by someone we haven’t seen wield one yet. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Read More »
Three things I love: Star Wars, Lego and posters. So I just about flipped when I saw that Lego had recreated Drew Struzan‘s posters for the first six Star Wars films. There’s no real rhyme or reason behind it, other than these six movies are now available digitally for the first time ever, but they’re still super cool. Check out the Lego Star Wars posters below. Read More »
Concrete information about the new Star Wars movies is a rare commodity. Right now, we don’t know way more than we do know and that lack of definitive knowledge leads to debate, discussion and arguments. These are happening every day amongst Star Wars fans and will continue until Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens on December 18. Probably beyond, too, since the story won’t end with that film.
With these Star Wars conversations more prevalent than actual information, we decided to have a little fun. We’ve gone against Han Solo’s better judgement and set some simple, Las Vegas odds against 15 questions fans are currently debating. Most are non-spoiler, a few are (clearly marked) spoilers, but all are very much at the center of the current Star Wars conversation. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Legendary poster artist Drew Struzan is the best kind of retired. He’s retired, unless he feels like working. So though the artist is officially off the books, he’s released a few posters for Mondo in the past few years. He did a poster for How to Train Your Dragon 2, and if rumors are correct he might be doing something for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. His latest poster is for an upcoming documentary called Batkid Begins: The Wish Heard Around the World, which will premiere later this month at the Slamdance Film Festival. It’s the tale behind the Make-A-Wish story that captured the world.
Below, check out the full poster and watch a new behind the scenes video about Batkid Begins. Read More »
This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Read More »